Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All-Electric Dodge Charger Daytona Leaked Before Reveal

After a year and a half wait, Dodge will finally reveal the all-new, all-electric Dodge Charger Daytona later this morning. While Dodge has kept everything close to the chest, a leak of what appears to be from the reveal video that we will see at 11:00 a.m. EDT / 8:00 a.m. PDT has made its way onto social media, giving us a preview of what to expect from today’s reveal. For the past several months, Dodge has been teasing us with a new two-door replacement for the outgoing Challenger. However, Dodge, it appears, will also give us our first look … (read full article...)

418986743_17924055035845328_6940062327924098680_n.jpg

scatpack_69

Reaction score
I know everyone here loves your ICE, but I had the opportunity to drive a Bolt the other day. I was so impressed with how the car responded to the pedal and the torque. Range envy and charging time aside, that experience coupled with what was suggested in the video above, could make for one heck of an experience with these vehicles.

No matter your fanboy liking, green or black, you will see what you want to see (or don't want to see) in anything above. Just hold full judgement until you are in the driver seat.

I can see a new crackdown on peel-outs coming in the near future, and some calling for a tire tax to help fund road repairs...
I’m sold on the Ramcharger. For a truck I think it’s a perfect option and absolutely viable. But that usage is not the same as a muscle car. That’s my hang up.

I also have a hard time with things being crammed down my throat as I have to accept. Wish they would have offered V8, I6, and electric and seen what the market said. The pro-electric bunch loses a lot because they are largely single track, my way kind of thinking.

TripleT

Reaction score
I’m sold on the Ramcharger. For a truck I think it’s a perfect option and absolutely viable. But that usage is not the same as a muscle car. That’s my hang up.

I also have a hard time with things being crammed down my throat as I have to accept. Wish they would have offered V8, I6, and electric and seen what the market said. The pro-electric bunch loses a lot because they are largely single track, my way kind of thinking.
fines for the V8 are already at $3000 and escalating. Punitive by MY 28' for half the Country. I get the market driven solutions should be first but, at this point it is what it is.

Thing is the V8 is solution driven at this point because Straight 6 is better across the board.

Mopar392

Reaction score
fines for the V8 are already at $3000 and escalating. Punitive by MY 28' for half the Country. I get the market driven solutions should be first but, at this point it is what it is.

Thing is the V8 is solution driven at this point because Straight 6 is better across the board.
Will have to wait for the aftermarket support. Otherwise, it’s a Hellcat swap.

scatpack_69

Reaction score
“Better” remains to be seen. On paper, sure. We will see if they manage to avoid the turbo failure of the blue oval camp, which is a known fail point.

Also, be interesting to see what the AWD can take. Can it hold up to four digits?

cgseller

Reaction score

Yes, evidence seems to suggest there is a measurable footprint that is resistive to having some autonomy pulled away from them on what kind of power plant to use in their vehicle. I imagine that measurable footprint is highly represented in this forum. What I don't know, beacuse I don't frequent such forums, is is there an equally measurable sized footprint that is eager to have the BEV experience. Moreover, there is the ignorant of us who have no idea what the experience is and can't say one way or another.

Personally, I know my biases are toward being an early adopter, and embracing constant learning and exploration. That tends to make be more eager to try something new and not hold on the cheese with my cold dead hands. I sometimes get hurt and adopt a failure, however for me I found that early adoption makes me embrace change with a higher amount of of influence and engagement over trying to scour ebay for the used 8track parts.

The Z factors are F.U.D. , fake news, peer pressure, and government regulation. I have autonomy to directly control three of the four and have influence on the one.

All this said (trying to keep it political free) Dodge (although their release as tougue-n-cheek political ) did something forward looking and tied into their past. Business school students will have a case study on this - and it will either be seen as a Steve Jobs iMac story, or a Bill Knaps this is WOW story. It is not a story about Dodge just withering away over time due to doing the same thing they have done in the past and expecting something to get better.

Users who are viewing this thread