Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next-Gen Dodge Charger Reveal Officially Announced

Dodge enthusiasts mark your calendars! The much-anticipated reveal of the next-generation Dodge Charger (LB) is officially set for March 5th, 2024. This announcement comes about a month after we heard word that Dodge’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Matt McAlear, dropped the news at the J.D. Power Auto Summit in Las Vegas. Unlike the recent Chrysler Halcyon Concept unveiling that left fans scrambling for their caffeine fix with an early morning start, Dodge is giving us a break this time. The big reveal will kick off at a more reasonable 11:00 a.m. EDT / 8:00 a.m. PDT, making … (read full article...)

BU024_008EV.jpeg

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
"All In"
38%-50% of Sales by 2030 isn't anybody definition of "All-In"..at least anybody that understands math.
Selling an EV only Dodge Charger is the definition of "ALL IN" whether you like it or not. I suggested they mention on the 5th that there will be a gas version coming. By not mentioning it they will be setting a precedent that the car will only ever be EV and potentially damage its reputation forever. And you have no clue what the EV mix will be by 2030, on its current path Stellantis wont even exist by 2030.

vbondjr1

Reaction score
I feel like the issue with EVs honestly boils down to the politics behind them and what the projected thoughts of what we feel the future may bring with the way that things are going. The majority of these arguments, all of which have several valid points, seem to be based on politics and not really on the vehicle(s) and their propulsion system. Not saying that I myself don't have my reservations about EV's and government/terrorist cyber hacking in the car's control system and being able to control these cars remotely like they do with Cell phones, computers and everything else electronic, EMP warfare and other things like that. I also don't particularly care for the way that the EV movement has been presented but I feel like that fact is really what bothers alot of us. Let's face it, us as gearheads and muscle car enthusiast in alot of ways scoff at most other vehicle types. Imports, EVs, regular commuter cars, etc. The thing is, Hybrids and EVs have actually been on our roads alot longer than this issue of EVs has been and the real problem isn't the cars themselves, but the presentation and the way the government has been trying to force them. Cars have been evolving since the introduction of the automobile and the truth is, they've been getting better and more efficient as time has gone on. We've gone from leaded fuel to unleaded fuel, carburetion and all stages of fuel injection from throttle body injection to direct injection and everything in between. Even while people have resisted certain changes, they've made sense in the way of more efficiently powering a vehicle down the street. Even in the muscle car world, We've gone from big cubic inches with huge blowers sticking out of hoods in the old days with 426-Hemis with Weiland blowers and huge scoops sticking so far above the hood and belts that were wider across that most people's heads that weren't street legal and maybe made 600-700hp to now having street legal cars with full interiors and all kinds of safety features making over 1,000hp with barely over 383ci that fits neatly under the hood and can even be driven like a normal car with kids in the back seat and can pass emissions tests. My point is, yes electrification is actually the evolution of what we've been doing all along. The problem is, the people who control the way our lives function and the fears of what could potentially come about with the technology that is coming. If things weren't so crazy in the world and this EV movement hadn't been presented as abrasively as it was with the Government being super involved in this push, I think more people would actually be okay with EVs being blended in with regular ICE vehicles and Hybrids. Personally, I look at this car as Dodge doing what Dodge does best, and that is taking something and making it unique and insane and actually cool. Dodge is taking a market of boring, disconnected, bland, emotionless, soulless vehicles and injecting their brand into it. It's like saying okay the rest of the auto industry is a Toyota Camry and we're bringing out a Hellcat Charger Redeye, both sedans, but one is beige and the other is a monster. Governmental terrorism aside, I can get with what Dodge is doing with this vehicle. I can have a car with horsepower that still gives me all of the auditory and sensory feedback that I am used to in a vehicle and I can tweak and customize in different aspects, have my fun in, not have to worry about emissions and it will allow the brand that I love to continue on into the future. Yeah, Ford still has V8s but that's because Ford decided awhile ago to invest in the Ecoboost platform and it paid off for them. If Dodge had brought out the Hurricane to match the ecoboost years ago, they may have been able to save at least the Hellcat engine if not the 392 as well. Dodge didn't respond in time to the changing climate and now it's rushing to adjust and it waited just a smidge to long. But even though they did that, the thing is, they're doing what they can to keep the performance and customization aspect alive in this next gen vehicle. As I said, I don't like the government involvement in all of this but the car itself, for what it is, may actually be a pretty decent vehicle

AlexB

Reaction score
Selling an EV only Dodge Charger is the definition of "ALL IN" whether you like it or not. I suggested they mention on the 5th that there will be a gas version coming. By not mentioning it they will be setting a precedent that the car will only ever be EV and potentially damage its reputation forever. And you have no clue what the EV mix will be by 2030, on its current path Stellantis wont even exist by 2030.
"All -In"" when the company presentation says 38%-50% , and you stating"current path Stellantis wont even exist by 2030" ($50 billion in cash+ Low breakeven point+record Stock price) means you are truly Math Stupid.

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
"All -In"" when the company presentation says 38%-50% , and you stating"current path Stellantis wont even exist by 2030" ($50 billion in cash+ Low breakeven point+record Stock price) means you are truly Math Stupid.
No, it means you're over invested in this turd and now scared, it comes through in your posts. The sales of the charger are going to evaporate - and you know that. Their 2030 number was made up just like the Alfa sales projections, you probably didn't know that though because you don't know what you're doing. And if they're already seeking a merger partner means it wont exist in its current form as I stated, but you have reading comprehension issues too.

AlexB

Reaction score
No, it means you're over invested in this turd and now scared, it comes through in your posts. The sales of the charger are going to evaporate - and you know that. Their 2030 number was made up just like the Alfa sales projections, you probably didn't know that though because you don't know what you're doing. And if they're already seeking a merger partner means it wont exist in its current form as I stated, but you have reading comprehension issues too.
Charger sales are starting off with EV two door for imagine of Stellantis to show the company isn't lagger to investors.
4 door should be ready for the fall 2025.
You misinformed talk about Alfa shows you have your head is stuck up a tailpipe(Manley canceled majority of Alfa plans in Oct 2019), while Stellantis shares are at an all time high which shows you is a Math CLOWN.

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
Clown? Lol. Marchionne predicted 170,000 Alfa sales globally in 2017. How many did they sell in 2023? I, unlike you, actually worked in the industry for 25 years, but lets keep this going.

AlexB

Reaction score
Clown? Lol. Marchionne predicted 170,000 Alfa sales globally in 2017. How many did they sell in 2023? I, unlike you, actually worked in the industry for 25 years, but let's keep this going.
""25 Years"
Sears was the world's largest retailer for similar amount of time: so would like 25 cans of beans and motor oil bottles to go with your whining & nonsense?
"In its third-quarter 2019 presentation, FCA noted Alfa’s challenges and said that the brand would focus on its current market strengths, “with reduced global reach and overlap with other group brands,” and that planned capital spending was being reduced."

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
It took awhile to go from the tier 1 factory floor (Toyota) to the boardroom (Toyota, Nissan, Mercedes). You didn't answer my question about Alfa sales, is that because you have no clue what you're talking about?

TripleT

Reaction score
Charger sales are starting off with EV two door for imagine of Stellantis to show the company isn't lagger to investors.
4 door should be ready for the fall 2025.
You misinformed talk about Alfa shows you have your head is stuck up a tailpipe(Manley canceled majority of Alfa plans in Oct 2019), while Stellantis shares are at an all time high which shows you is a Math CLOWN.
Of course overall shares from traditional OEMs in the EU is falling as they have given a bigger piece of their pie to Tesla, Chinese, and other EVs like Lucent. Y was the best selling model. The PSA/FCA kind of held it own under the pressure of new market entries ...... remember the EU is not USA.... the power infrastructure is 220 and the distance traveled is far smaller.

AlexB

Reaction score
It took awhile to go from the tier 1 factory floor (Toyota) to the boardroom (Toyota, Nissan, Mercedes). You didn't answer my question about Alfa sales, is that because you have no clue what you're talking about?
"Mercedes"
:unsure:
You like foul odor "Wiener Schnitzel " with those beans too.
:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::unsure:

patfromigh

Reaction score
It is imperative that Stellantis place some skin in the EV game. Unlike GM and Ford, they must demonstrate some resolve to overcome the problems which have come to light in the battery electric scheme. (What follows is a list which is no particular order and without any claim to being complete.) These problems are; battery volatility, scarcity of key materials, charging anxiety, charging station anxiety, low resale value, instant obsolescence, and elusive market targets. The last item means no one knows who will buy what now that the early adopters all have an EV.

A company must show resolve to solving the challenges in the products they market going forward.

vbondjr1

Reaction score
While we're now not even two full days away from the reveal of the new platform cars, I can't help but wonder how the aftermarket is going to respond to this new vehicle. I do feel like this is going to be alot different than the rest of the EVs on the market today and I think this one is going to be more customizable than anything else we have out there in the EV market at the current moment. I know Direct Connection is going to be involved with performance stage kits for these cars but I'm also looking at companies such as AEM/Holley & Borla are starting to move into the EV realm for performance and customization of EVs as well. Could there one day soon be a Borla upgraded Fratzonic exhaust system for this vehicle with different sound levels (Touring, S-Type & ATAK) that perform like a valve-tuned exhaust system on an ICE powered vehicle? Could Holley/AEM offer EV tuning solutions for power and other kinds of EV performance boosting features? Let's not forget cosmetics. We already know that companies like Vicrez do alot with the current gen L-cars so it would make sense for them to offer upgrades for the next-gen L cars with hoods, spoilers, body kits, wheels, etc. I'm definitely curious to see what upgrades will be offered for this car in the near future. I think it's going to do well

JohnRogers

Reaction score
While we're now not even two full days away from the reveal of the new platform cars, I can't help but wonder how the aftermarket is going to respond to this new vehicle. I do feel like this is going to be alot different than the rest of the EVs on the market today and I think this one is going to be more customizable than anything else we have out there in the EV market at the current moment. I know Direct Connection is going to be involved with performance stage kits for these cars but I'm also looking at companies such as AEM/Holley & Borla are starting to move into the EV realm for performance and customization of EVs as well. Could there one day soon be a Borla upgraded Fratzonic exhaust system for this vehicle with different sound levels (Touring, S-Type & ATAK) that perform like a valve-tuned exhaust system on an ICE powered vehicle? Could Holley/AEM offer EV tuning solutions for power and other kinds of EV performance boosting features? Let's not forget cosmetics. We already know that companies like Vicrez do alot with the current gen L-cars so it would make sense for them to offer upgrades for the next-gen L cars with hoods, spoilers, body kits, wheels, etc. I'm definitely curious to see what upgrades will be offered for this car in the near future. I think it's going to do well
Like plugging in my phone for the latest ios update, exciting. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread