Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Jeep® CEO Kicks Off His Tenure With A Progressive Start

Antonio Filosa, the new CEO of the Jeep® brand, has released some new details on the direction he plans to take the Jeep brand over the next year. The changes involve new models that were already in the works, dissolving the Wagoneer sub-brand, and lowering prices on certain vehicles. According to Filosa, Jeep will launch … (read full article...)

tempImage96zKCy.png

Last edited by a moderator:

larrywal

Reaction score
Drop prices blah blah stop making unreliable vehicles that are spending more time on a hoist than on the tires
They have to improve their quality tenfold ..people are starting to grow wise..Jeep Junk??? sad

bill burke

Reaction score
Good news. Jeep obviously, under enormous pressure from the executives at Stellantis, have invested billions of scarce resources on the the “Green Technology” policy foolishness. Let’s hope Filosa’s hints at market based reality changes for Wagoneer S and Recon come to fruition, it’s critical beyond a conversation starter. Quality over gimmicks and fluff, simplicity and clarity of product from the brand and affordability must drive this reorganization. I know I’ve beaten this to death, but these two models, easily able to utilize the technology and engineering from the upcoming STLA Large based Cherokee and mirroring the European wake up call on a hybrid Avenger, must quickly offer ICE and hybrid options for the two new vehicles at launch. Better to admit corporate miscalculations than to see these new models further damage Jeeps reputation with public indifference to their electric only pipe dreams. Filosa has much work to do, and soon, he seems to be courageous enough to buck corporate hubris and follow the invisible hand of the free market, with a century’s worth of dogma and evidence to back his efforts. Finally!
Jeep must not abandon its American Values based DNA to the myopic and woke pencil pusher self-proclaimed intellectual PhD crowd and go with proven and true red blooded, blue collar genius. That is the stuff that will save Jeep, not electric appliances.

Last edited:

bill burke

Reaction score
Drop prices blah blah stop making unreliable vehicles that are spending more time on a hoist than on the tires
They have to improve their quality tenfold ..people are starting to grow wise..Jeep Junk??? sad
Quality and reliability are always important to any brand, but to call Jeeps “junk” is a gross exaggeration of the brand. In my decades long ownership of various Jeeps, I have found them bullet proof reliable. Maybe that does not reflect other common instances, but the basic vehicle is certainly NOT junk. Eliminate the flaws yes, exaggerate these flaws helps nothing. My current Cherokee is a darn good vehicle, much better than so many other SUV products I’ve driven. Great value and satisfaction.

patfromigh

Reaction score
The build quality of the Stellantis vehicles we have been getting lately is dreadful. Our fleet is seeing mismatched trim pieces and panel gaps. It reminds me of the Chrysler products of the 1970s. Jeep touchscreens are having issues as well.

ipa0628

Reaction score
Maybe he could start out by making power folding exterior mirrors standard on all W & GW models. It is absolutely mind bogling that you have to move to the top trim models to get rid of manual folding mirrors. on an 80+ vehicle. More Jeep greed.

bill burke

Reaction score
More thoughts on redefining Jeep in North America.
Compass Line, same build facility.
Jeep Compass - two row, four engine, hybrid Larado, Limited, Overland Trail Rated, Summit. Off STLA Small.
Jeep Grand Compass- three row taking cue from the Commander formula, four and hybrid Laredo, Limited, Overland Trail Rated off stretched STLA Small.
Cherokee Line, same build facility.
Jeep Cherokee- next generation sized as current two row Grand Cherokee, four base, six, hybrid optional power engines Laredo, Limited, Overland Trail Rated , Summit.Off STLA Large.
Jeep Grand Cherokee- three row in current size, six engine, in two power versions hybrid option two versions, power Laredo, Limited, Overland Trail Rated off STLA Large.
Wagoneer Line, two facilities.
Jeep Wagoneer S. Electric only. As planned. Shares Recon build facility.
Jeep Wagoneer- three row small length six engine, hybrid option Laredo, Limited, Overland Trail Rated, Summit. Current Wagoneer platform. Interior and luxury.
Jeep Grand Wagoneer- three row Long length, Laredo, Limited, Summit. High performance six. hybrid option Current Grand Wagoneer platform, interior and luxury.
Wrangler, remains the same.
Wrangler Recon all electric added to Wrangler line.
This simplifies the Jeep lineup.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread