Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next-Gen Dodge Charger Reveal Officially Announced

Dodge enthusiasts mark your calendars! The much-anticipated reveal of the next-generation Dodge Charger (LB) is officially set for March 5th, 2024. This announcement comes about a month after we heard word that Dodge’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Matt McAlear, dropped the news at the J.D. Power Auto Summit in Las Vegas. Unlike the recent Chrysler Halcyon Concept unveiling that left fans scrambling for their caffeine fix with an early morning start, Dodge is giving us a break this time. The big reveal will kick off at a more reasonable 11:00 a.m. EDT / 8:00 a.m. PDT, making … (read full article...)

BU024_008EV.jpeg

AlexB

Reaction score
Do your selves a favor, Dodge. During the splashy reveal of your signature EV, release all the news on the ICE version as well, answer the Challenger question.
Not happing.

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
IMO, this model should only be available with a 800V architecture. 800V can cut fast-charging times roughly in half.
It basically answers the complaint of having to wait 30 minutes to charge when stopping and makes long distance traveling (over 1000km) much more viable. For US consumers this is essential.
Also, hopefully it comes with the NACS plug. Over there you guys really have it hard in term of fast-charging networks.

DRAIDEZ1

Reaction score
"Design-wise the new Charger Daytona takes cues from its 2022 concept featuring a radical R-wing front spoiler and a sleek hatchback design. This isn't your grandpa's sedan" etc. Yeah it's Mitsubishi's Gallant from the early 2000's!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240219_135808_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240219_135808_Google.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20240219_135447_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240219_135447_Google.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 5

James.A

Reaction score
According to Racer X on YouTube, he's hearing there won't be a gas engine in 2025. Only EV in 2 and 4 door. Said he's heard that* the factory isn't tooled yet for ICE Chargers... Can anyone verify? That would royally suck.

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
According to Racer X on YouTube, he's hearing there won't be a gas engine in 2025. Only EV in 2 and 4 door. Said he's heard that* the factory isn't tooled yet for ICE Chargers... Can anyone verify? That would royally suck.
I can believe that. The decision to go all in on EV's was likely made 2-3 years ago and only now are we seeing backtracking. I think it would be safe to say that the I6 version is now being "hurried" along and they would be very wise to mention this on the 5th.

AlexB

Reaction score
I can believe that. The decision to go all in on EV's was likely made 2-3 years ago and only now are we seeing backtracking. I think it would be safe to say that the I6 version is now being "hurried" along and they would be very wise to mention this on the 5th.
"All In"
38%-50% of Sales by 2030 isn't anybody definition of "All-In"..at least anybody that understands math.

Last edited:

AlexB

Reaction score
There's no"normal "ICE Charger which is what he/his source is getting confused about. Same tooling is being used.

Last edited:

TripleT

Reaction score
"All In"
38%-50% of Sales by 2030 isn't anybody definition of "All-In"..at least anybody that understands math.
What is everyone talking about, we saw an ICE stampings... those were sure as heck tooled.

The fines start in 28' model year that is only two product years, that has not gone away. That there is consumer push back is not a problem to Governments, they are fine with tank auto sales and people on public transit. The continued push back on OEMs when they are dealing with regulatory realities is silly, if you're in a CARB state quit lobbying here and lobby at your state house.

And no Trump isn't going to fix that, it already established law at the Supreme Court level that Carb states can regulate emissions locally, but not immigration, go figure.

AlexB

Reaction score
What is everyone talking about, we saw an ICE stampings... those were sure as heck tooled.

The fines start in 28' model year that is only two product years, that has not gone away. That there is consumer push back is not a problem to Governments, they are fine with tank auto sales and people on public transit. The continued push back on OEMs when they are dealing with regulatory realities is silly, if you're in a CARB state quit lobbying here and lobby at your state house.

And no Trump isn't going to fix that, it already established law at the Supreme Court level that Carb states can regulate emissions locally, but not immigration, go figure.
Oh.... what happens that given the United States is republic democracy... the Presidency swings back in 2028?
Another round of Emission or worst rules.

One thing " Republicans" have a long history of making it easier for mergers to actually be completed... so maybe that's what Stellantis is/ should take advantage of (thanks to the $50 billion of cash on the balance sheet makes deals easier, too).

TripleT

Reaction score
Oh.... what happens that given the United States is republic democracy... the Presidency swings back in 2028?
Another round of Emission or worst rules.

One thing " Republicans" have a long history of making it easier for mergers to actually be completed... so maybe that's what Stellantis is/ should take advantage of (thanks to the $50 billion of cash on the balance sheet makes deals easier, too).
While the Federal rules have tightened, this is not where the issue lies. The issue lies at the state level, specifically the 18 Carb state, where over half the population lives.

Which is good in a way because that makes it easier to lobby, but back again those states have LARGE Metros that dictate the state political agenda. Things will have to get much worse before the pendulum swings back the other way. The consequences are deferred until at least 2030 or 2032,, in the meantime having nothing to sell to half the customer base is FOR SURE PROBLEMATIC.

AlexB

Reaction score
While the Federal rules have tightened, this is not where the issue lies. The issue lies at the state level, specifically the 18 Carb state, where over half the population lives.

Which is good in a way because that makes it easier to lobby, but back again those states have LARGE Metros that dictate the state political agenda. Things will have to get much worse before the pendulum swings back the other way. The consequences are deferred until at least 2030 or 2032,, in the meantime having nothing to sell to half the customer base is FOR SURE PROBLEMATIC.
Best word indeed "Problematic "..., which is still very nice.
You and I both know they won't stop at gas powertrains... next will weight limits ....and taxing the amount of vehicles that can be on the street during (4-5 PM tax example).
They don't want private individual ownership of vehicles in 20-30 years.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Image 36.jpeg

After spending a lot of time with the concept, seven times to be exact, the concept is stunning. I have seen the prototype in person, it looks way better in person. I can say I am not in favor of the EV version, but I am curious to see the HURRICANE model.

TripleT

Reaction score
Best word indeed "Problematic "..., which is still very nice.
You and I both know they won't stop at gas powertrains... next will weight limits ....and taxing the amount of vehicles that can be on the street during (4-5 PM tax example).
They don't want private individual ownership of vehicles in 20-30 years.
Taxing repair components and banning cars or limiting the miles they can drive based on age. The first consequence will be people holding on to there other car for long and longer periods.

Yes the goal is people to have no individual ownership of anything really. Sounds familar? Usual ends with mass starvation, but that's just history why pay attention to that.

JohnRogers

Reaction score
Taxing repair components and banning cars or limiting the miles they can drive based on age. The first consequence will be people holding on to there other car for long and longer periods.

Yes the goal is people to have no individual ownership of anything really. Sounds familar? Usual ends with mass starvation, but that's just history why pay attention to that.
This is much bigger than two old guys running for POTUS. People should pay attention, voting for max freedom and liberty, unfortunately too many vote for getting theirs from the federal trough. I'll stop there.

TripleT

Reaction score
This is much bigger than two old guys running for POTUS. People should pay attention, voting for max freedom and liberty, unfortunately too many vote for getting theirs from the federal trough. I'll stop there.
While I would like to put this on the dementia riddled meat sock puppet, or the Orange Reality TV star, or even the Federal Bureaucracy class. At this point it has more to do with the Boy King of California and his 17 minion states.

I do believe that there is a market for BEV at the Top and Bottom of the market. Telsa is an example and Wuling City car on the other end. But through the Market Place not via mandates.

Mike201

Reaction score

Wednesday’s NBC nightly news reported the Biden Administration was changing that date from 2028 to 2036! It was reported due to demand, the public’s reception to EV’s and the worry the nation’s power grid is ready. Lester would now be feeding us B.S. now would he?

TripleT

Reaction score
Wednesday’s NBC nightly news reported the Biden Administration was changing that date from 2028 to 2036! It was reported due to demand, the public’s reception to EV’s and the worry the nation’s power grid is ready. Lester would now be feeding us B.S. now would he?
What part of this is not a federal issue did you miss? CARB is not a Federal it is a collection of State led by California, and none of them have backed off. Minnesota is getting a little squishy but one can understand why. The punitive fines are still 28' for the CARB states, that is half the US population. Lester left that out, I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread