Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeep® Confirms 4x4 Capability For Avenger With New 4xe Model

The subcompact Jeep® Avenger (JJ) has been a huge hit for the brand in Europe. While Jeep plans to roll out the B-segment utility vehicle (UV) to the rest of the world market, it looks like the only market left off is the North American region. What would have been a great replacement for the … (read full article...)

JeepAvenger4xe.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

cgseller

Reaction score
N.A. Jeep Purists would not want a non-offroad with the "Jeep" brand logo. While it is true, U.S. consumers are not fans of smaller (relatively) vehicles, I imagine the decision was more geared toward many here would be scowl at the addition.

With that said, the body size could make its way through a re-populated FIAT lineup or as a BEV Chrysler.

patfromigh

Reaction score
The mild hybrid, 48V 4Xe is a significant milestone, because it is the first use of a low voltage e-axle in a production vehicle. (That I know of) The system seems like a good setup. The fly in the ointment is the French designed Punch transaxle. There is already a superior Magna built, 7-speed dual-clutch with electric motor, hybrid transmission available in the front drive Avenger.
With that said, the body size could make its way through a re-populated FIAT lineup or as a BEV Chrysler.
With the forthcoming Panda line of vehicles being slowly rolled out, a Strada like pickup truck with an e-axle would be successful here as a Fiat model. I think a B-sized Centoventi-like vehicle would be a great companion to the Fiat 500e now marketed here.

TripleT

Reaction score
Avenger is simply to small for our fat butts :D It does look lovely in 4xE stance. Seeing it a coachwork of the multiple branding vehicles it could easily be 600 to go with the 500, but Jeeps always garner more margin. it simpy doesnt work as a Chrysler because of it compact size.

bill burke

Reaction score
Avenger is simply to small for our fat butts :D It does look lovely in 4xE stance. Seeing it a coachwork of the multiple branding vehicles it could easily be 600 to go with the 500, but Jeeps always garner more margin. it simpy doesnt work as a Chrysler because of it compact size.
I see the possibilities with a version of this drive train in a next generation Compass replacement on a global basis. Think Jeep will make this new Compass it’s entry level NA offering in its drive towards simplicity.
I agree on butt size, as my only complaint with my Cherokee is the size of the front seats. Hopefully the next generation Cherokee is longer and wider since dieting is not happening and the wife loves the Cherokee. Going for my weekly pizza tonight and affirming my American lifestyle, along with a diet soda. God bless America, and my Italian heritage for good food....right TT !

patfromigh

Reaction score
I don't know if it's hope or wishful thinking, but I'm hoping the next Compass offers a similar powertrain as this Avenger 4Xe has. We know they are tooling up a 1.6 liter four cylinder for domestic production. The next Compass will be built on the STLA medium platform, which should find better acceptance in our marketplace than an Avenger sized Jeep. For a Compass sized vehicle I would like to see more powerful electric motors on the axles than the Euro Avenger has. I would like to see a domestically built transmission as well, even it it comes from an outside supplier.

The next step up is the Cherokee. Since the next generation platform has potential for high voltage with the battery electric version, it would be nice if a high voltage hybrid was also offered with the IC engine.

TripleT

Reaction score
Compass does have a similar powertrain.... It for some damn reason is not offered here. I have driven it in the Tonale and I have to say in many ways it better behaved than the ZF 8-speed solution.

patfromigh

Reaction score
I forgot about the Euro 4Xe on the front-drive based vehicles. The Tonale/ Hornet is built in the EU where the supplier for that system is located. Then again, so was the Jeep Renegade while we had it with us. The frustrating thing about Stellantis is while they haven't gone all in on EVs, they also haven't gone all out on selling hybrid options in the USA.

Users who are viewing this thread