Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeep® Wagoneer S Could Make Its Debut In July

According to the Jeep® brand’s new CEO, Antonio Filosa, the American adventure brand could reveal its all-new 2025 Jeep Wagoneer S to the U.S. market as early as July. Production of the brand’s first all-electric model for the North American market, the Wagoneer S, is scheduled to begin in the second quarter, with the first … (read full article...)

WS024_005WS1gkeue20p1uak3ak4utm8b9arl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

cgseller

Reaction score
I get that people will pay premium for a Jeep vehicle. I get that Jeep is a global affinity brand. I can see why Stellantis decided to release this vehicle as a Jeep Wagoneer.
With all of that said, is this not a Chrysler vehicle for N.A.? Maybe that is what the Airflow was and Chris and crew decided to go a more bold direction?

The insiders who read these forums must be laughing at us with our speculation, dreams, and arm chair quarterbacking.

TripleT

Reaction score
Airflow is on the mid platform which is to far out for NA.

Nice that it’s coming but more interested in the KM with REV or Pure Ice

Archknight

Reaction score
My sources say KM will be HEV and BEV only
People have been saying that the KM would be HEV, I didn't think it would be BEV because of the Wagoneer S being it's supposed twin. I'm curious if the KM will get a 3L Hurricane (S.O. at the very least) variant since there isn't a version in the Grand Cherokee as of yet? Also curious how much power the new 2.0T will be putting out. I expect it to be on the level of the version in the Alfa Stelvio and Guilia.

bill burke

Reaction score
Guess my thinking does not equate with that at Stellantis and Jeep so I accept the inevitable and both new Jeeps and their Ill conceived all-electric status. Will they pull an European Avenger switcheroo and bring in a hybrid model, let’s hope so for both these vehicles sake. Guess it’s my last inning pitch for sanity here.
My second anxiety generator is what will become of the next Wagoneer S based Cherokee, since without a gas six under its hood, it’s doomed to failure. I hope here too Jeep realizes the now obvious collapse of the green agenda in the marketplace and puts the majority of consumers before the environmental wacko crowd on this important vehicle. Hey it’s the bottom of the seventh on the next generation Cherokee and time enough to get at least that one right. Again, let’s hope so for the Cherokee since as of now the Wagoneer S and Recon are destined with weak sales and financial losses. Look for thousands of these crowding dealer lots near you.

TripleT

Reaction score
My sources say KM will be HEV and BEV only
HEV would be fine. I am complete sold on PHEV, integration needs work, but I think that is all vehicles at this point.

Last edited:

bill burke

Reaction score
HEV would be fine. I am complete sold on PHEV, integration needs work, but I think that is all vehicles at this point.
Hope your sources are partially wrong. Hybrid is fine, but the majority of buyers, me included, will absolutely demand a conventional, hopefully Hurricane six and a base four, both gas engines, for any chance for Cherokee success. My source, my wet finger held in the wind, tells me so. Deep Throat, opps Finger, never fails.

Last edited:

patfromigh

Reaction score
Look for thousands of these crowding dealer lots near you.
This is the situation Ford is now facing with the Mustang Mock-e and Lightning models. It is a deeper problem than what appears on the surface. With battery production, there is a sort of opportunity cost involved. Batteries installed in a pure battery electric vehicle are then not installed in any sort of hybrid, because there is a fixed capacity with any manufacturing. Ford had to limit sales of the hybrid Escape and Maverick models because much of the battery production went into those unsold battery electric products stacked up everywhere. This situation also affects the other Ford and Lincoln hybrid models as well. They can't sell what the buyer wants because it wasn't built. The buyers don't want what they did build.

The current marketplace is a fixed roulette game. The government takes each of the manufacturer's chips and places them on the number of the government's choosing. The wheel is fixed and it's the consumer who is spinning it.

bill burke

Reaction score
This is the situation Ford is now facing with the Mustang Mock-e and Lightning models. It is a deeper problem than what appears on the surface. With battery production, there is a sort of opportunity cost involved. Batteries installed in a pure battery electric vehicle are then not installed in any sort of hybrid, because there is a fixed capacity with any manufacturing. Ford had to limit sales of the hybrid Escape and Maverick models because much of the battery production went into those unsold battery electric products stacked up everywhere. This situation also affects the other Ford and Lincoln hybrid models as well. They can't sell what the buyer wants because it wasn't built. The buyers don't want what they did build.

The current marketplace is a fixed roulette game. The government takes each of the manufacturer's chips and places them on the number of the government's choosing. The wheel is fixed and it's the consumer who is spinning it.
And who is the fool betting against the odds ? Might be this guy Joe bent over the table.

TripleT

Reaction score
The consumer is to blame, but not via the free market but via those whom they elect. Once can complain all they want here, but the legislative reality first and primarily at the STATE level is dictating product, not market demand. While we all focus on bans, we fail to look at the punitive fines coming in 2 model years and escalating into bans.

We can talk all we want here, about infrastructure and supply and rare earth metals and range anxiety.... it all down the road and those making the hard decisions are in places they will likely NEVER have electoral consequences.

OEMs have no choice but to ready product, if people here are serious, they need to quit complaining at the OEMS .... They are complaining also, but complain at your state representative level. Must mind this, those people are perfectly fine with you NEVER owning a car, and forced to public transit. Nothing the CARB'oholics would love more than to be able to control your freedom of travel.

patfromigh

Reaction score
and forced to public transit.
Public transit is no longer an option in a "15 minute city." Voters are walking blindly into a post-human world. I won't talk about this anymore here except for the brief mention. After all, there are more serious issues pressing on us, such as the number of gears in the HD Ram trucks or even more important, the number of cylinders under the hood of new products.

Mopar392

Reaction score
Guess my thinking does not equate with that at Stellantis and Jeep so I accept the inevitable and both new Jeeps and their Ill conceived all-electric status. Will they pull an European Avenger switcheroo and bring in a hybrid model, let’s hope so for both these vehicles sake. Guess it’s my last inning pitch for sanity here.
My second anxiety generator is what will become of the next Wagoneer S based Cherokee, since without a gas six under its hood, it’s doomed to failure. I hope here too Jeep realizes the now obvious collapse of the green agenda in the marketplace and puts the majority of consumers before the environmental wacko crowd on this important vehicle. Hey it’s the bottom of the seventh on the next generation Cherokee and time enough to get at least that one right. Again, let’s hope so for the Cherokee since as of now the Wagoneer S and Recon are destined with weak sales and financial losses. Look for thousands of these crowding dealer lots near you.
Why? If a PHEV with a 4-cylinder, similar to the one in Wrangler 4Xe, produces more usable HP and torque, it would be far more better than a 6 cylinder. And if a 6-cylinder was meant to be offered, it'd be a Pentastar based rather than a Hurricane based.
Most of the people won't care, know or notice the number of cylinders as long as the performance is there.

Mopar392

Reaction score
Public transit is no longer an option in a "15 minute city." Voters are walking blindly into a post-human world. I won't talk about this anymore here except for the brief mention. After all, there are more serious issues pressing on us, such as the number of gears in the HD Ram trucks or even more important, the number of cylinders under the hood of new products.
Number of gears would improve performance and efficiency, but the number of cylinders won't matter depending on the application.

Users who are viewing this thread