Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FIAT Teases Five New Next-Gen Panda-Based Concepts

As the automotive industry continues to evolve, each automaker is striving to redefine itself, particularly as the industry moves towards more electrification. One such brand is FIAT, which plans to unveil a series of new conceptual vehicles based on the next-generation Panda, one of its most popular European nameplates. These new concepts share the same … (read full article...)

Image 74.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

patfromigh

Reaction score
We never received the Panda or any Panda type vehicle from Fiat in North America. I would like to see the city car and the pickup truck. Hopefully the pickup will be closer to the Strada in production form. These vehicles should be a great fit for mobility services and I hope Fiat engages with those fleet customers. I would like to see some of this Fiat thinking offered here.

For the power-train I would like to see both battery electric and hybrids. Electric city cars work well in the urban environment. A hybrid would be better for less population-dense locations. The 1.5 liter SGE with the Magna 48V hybrid dual clutch transaxle drive train now used in Europe would work well here with enough electric creep.

The video talked of relevance. Until Fiat expands their lineup with vehicles like Panda and Strada in the USA, relevance will remain an elusive goal. Those vehicles as currently offered are not marketable here due to logistics, compliance and size issues. Except for the logistics of getting these products to our shore, the future lineup addresses the other challenges.

BWS1

Reaction score
Wow. No way Italians sculpted this mess. They all look like gas grills with four large wheels.

TripleT

Reaction score
Love the Panda, would be a better city car for Americans then the 500. Packaging is incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread