Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here Is What We Know About The 2025 Dodge Charger Daytona, So Far...

There has been a lot of mixed emotions about Dodge’s upcoming all-electric Charger Daytona. Many Dodge fans have been questioning the move away from conventional internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles in favor of an electric vehicle (EV) lineup. But as we are exactly two weeks out of the two-door Charger Daytona’s official reveal, we thought … (read full article...)

A7R00593.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

T/A392

Reaction score
Wouldn’t be more sales volume to offer and sell a 4-door version then the 2-door?
Considering Dodge has long been known as the muscle car brand I can appreciate how important it is to them to have a muscle car flagship. Traditionally muscle cars are 2 doors coupes.

vbondjr1

Reaction score
Another key point about this next-gen Electric vehicle is Mopar's commitment to offering this car with the most organic operating experience of any EV on the market, Not only will this car offer an electro-mechanical multi-speed gearbox with a patented "E-Rupt" system to give that feeling of a regular mechanical transmission but Stellantis is also working hard to provide a bit of haptic feedback and auditory feedback as well. While the Fratzog system doesn't sound like a Hellcat, it promises to be just as loud. An aspect that hasn't been talked about yet is the suspension on this beast. I would assume that alot of the technology from the previous SRT vehicles will be present in this new car but being that this is a new platform, what more can we expect from the Charger Daytona?
While I'm big on performance and the customization aspect (especially from Direct Connection along the potential for "jailbreak" packages and things like that) I have questions about things such as cold weather charging, HVAC system, remote start system, etc. Range to me isn't an issue because my commute is only about 8-miles round trip each day, but I do live in the Philadelphia area and we do get cold winters so things like Remote start to adjust the climate before I get in the car and have the powertrain up to operating temperatures are topics that I have questions about with this new vehicle. But it's the same questions I have about the rest of the STLA: Large and STLA: Frame upcoming EV offerings, How will they handle winter?
While I'm not really an "EV" fan, I do like this car (well, the idea of this car) because it takes away all of the EV short comings and the fact that Dodge is making this a car that is powered by electricity and not making an EV, and what I mean by that is that this car isn't about the simplistic and miminamalistic or even the futuristic. Dodge is doing what Dodge does and that is they're making a performance car and making it do what a true performance car does. That's not really gimicky in the sense of something like a fake turbo blow off that you stick in a tailpipe or those old electric superchargers. This is a brand taking an otherwise quiet powertrain, making it louder through the use of speakers and sound chambers and giving it a voice all of its own. This is a brand taking what would typically be just a standard car and injecting excitement into it by chassis tuning and the technology that is at its disposal and making it a Dodge! In honesty, its no different than what we've been doing with these cars since the '50's and '60's. Still hot rodding as far as I'm concerned and I'm actually looking forward to seeing most of what's coming down the line.

TripleT

Reaction score
Hellcat was not the best sound engine; the best sounding engine is the 392.... I have talked to several owner who upgraded and were disappointed. Goes to show that yes to some people the sound is more important than the go. Althought I don't understand this, or its just human nature to find something to complain about.

Mopar392

Reaction score
Hellcat was not the best sound engine; the best sounding engine is the 392.... I have talked to several owner who upgraded and were disappointed. Goes to show that yes to some people the sound is more important than the go. Althought I don't understand this, or its just human nature to find something to complain about.

Both.

MoparRay

Reaction score
Still think the 2dr. model will sink like a lead balloon. The top model will probably be at around $100K Especially if they offer a new Challenger that's smaller and lighter to compete directly with the Mustang.

Mopar392

Reaction score
The way for the Challenger to co-exist with the 2-door Charger, is for the Challenger to be ICE and the Charger 2-door to be EV.
Otherwise, there’s no market for 2 2-door models under the same showroom.

Mike201

Reaction score
Another key point about this next-gen Electric vehicle is Mopar's commitment to offering this car with the most organic operating experience of any EV on the market, Not only will this car offer an electro-mechanical multi-speed gearbox with a patented "E-Rupt" system to give that feeling of a regular mechanical transmission but Stellantis is also working hard to provide a bit of haptic feedback and auditory feedback as well. While the Fratzog system doesn't sound like a Hellcat, it promises to be just as loud. An aspect that hasn't been talked about yet is the suspension on this beast. I would assume that alot of the technology from the previous SRT vehicles will be present in this new car but being that this is a new platform, what more can we expect from the Charger Daytona?
While I'm big on performance and the customization aspect (especially from Direct Connection along the potential for "jailbreak" packages and things like that) I have questions about things such as cold weather charging, HVAC system, remote start system, etc. Range to me isn't an issue because my commute is only about 8-miles round trip each day, but I do live in the Philadelphia area and we do get cold winters so things like Remote start to adjust the climate before I get in the car and have the powertrain up to operating temperatures are topics that I have questions about with this new vehicle. But it's the same questions I have about the rest of the STLA: Large and STLA: Frame upcoming EV offerings, How will they handle winter?
While I'm not really an "EV" fan, I do like this car (well, the idea of this car) because it takes away all of the EV short comings and the fact that Dodge is making this a car that is powered by electricity and not making an EV, and what I mean by that is that this car isn't about the simplistic and miminamalistic or even the futuristic. Dodge is doing what Dodge does and that is they're making a performance car and making it do what a true performance car does. That's not really gimicky in the sense of something like a fake turbo blow off that you stick in a tailpipe or those old electric superchargers. This is a brand taking an otherwise quiet powertrain, making it louder through the use of speakers and sound chambers and giving it a voice all of its own. This is a brand taking what would typically be just a standard car and injecting excitement into it by chassis tuning and the technology that is at its disposal and making it a Dodge! In honesty, its no different than what we've been doing with these cars since the '50's and '60's. Still hot rodding as far as I'm concerned and I'm actually looking forward to seeing most of what's coming down the line.
Although I don’t like EV’s and hope to never be forced to own one, you have so many great facts at why Dodge is doing what there doing. I can’t support sales of only EV cars, but can agree with your thought process on this issue. It does make sense to why.

Last edited:

Mike201

Reaction score
The way for the Challenger to co-exist with the 2-door Charger, is for the Challenger to be ICE and the Charger 2-door to be EV.
Otherwise, there’s no market for 2 2-door models under the same showroom.
There was a market in the late 60’s and the early 70’s for both. Not only did the Dodge muscle siblings compete against each other, the had their Mopar cousins at Plymouth to compete with! Can’t see an issue this time if Dodge presents them just right.

Mopar392

Reaction score
There was a market in the late 60’s and the early 70’s for both. Not only did the Dodge muscle siblings compete against each other, the had their Mopar cousins at Plymouth to compete with! Can’t see an issue this time if Dodge presents them just right.
Different era, different economy and different buying generation.

TripleT

Reaction score
Couped Styled Sedans changed the market. Challenger and Charger existed together for a very short time in history. There were still Dodge and Chrysler/Plymouth dealerships back then. Barracuda is a A body until 70. so they were very different vehicles.

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
Different era, different economy and different buying generation.
Yes, but its a generation that mostly drives around alone and likely doesn't care about the rear doors. More people drive alone now than they did in the 60's and 70's. As long as the Challenger stays distinct enough from the charger it could probably co-exist, but thats if they were both ice powered with updated engines (V8 incl). This shakey leg EV stuff....all bets are off and any coupe they make will have trouble selling, not even mentioning Stellantis absurd pricing strategies.

jal11180

Reaction score
Still think the 2dr. model will sink like a lead balloon. The top model will probably be at around $100K Especially if they offer a new Challenger that's smaller and lighter to compete directly with the Mustang.
BOTH models will sink, and it will be the 1975 to 1978 Dodge Charger all over again, if not even worse. No V8 ICE engine under the hood means no sales. Also, offer all of the previous model engine options, including ALL of the V8 models (and, if you want to really go nuts, a V10 option as well), and then add a modern V8 Max Wedge engine to the line up (as that is the actual origin of the revived classic logo of Dodge), and the sales will skyrocket. Also, is it me, or is this new model of the vehicle taking a lot of cues from the 1999 Dodge Charger R/T Concept car?

AlexB

Reaction score
BOTH models will sink, and it will be the 1975 to 1978 Dodge Charger all over again, if not even worse. No V8 ICE engine under the hood means no sales. Also, offer all of the previous model engine options, including ALL of the V8 models (and, if you want to really go nuts, a V10 option as well), and then add a modern V8 Max Wedge engine to the line up (as that is the actual origin of the revived classic logo of Dodge), and the sales will skyrocket. Also, is it me, or is this new model of the vehicle taking a lot of cues from the 1999 Dodge Charger R/T Concept car?
You talking about fancy....Stellantis is a business.
John ain't paying fines for V8...and Carlos ain't buying credits for V8.
I-6 whips the HEMI in performance anyway.

TripleT

Reaction score
Just like 75-78 if the Slant6 whipped the Elephant by 100hp… NO? $3500/pop EPA fine,great sales on a magical maxWedge would bankrupt the company

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
Puff puff pass. You'll be seeing 1000WHP Chargers by this time next year by guys just upping the boost and tuning. The Banshee wont even matter when its this easy to make the same power with the hurricane, mark my words

vbondjr1

Reaction score
A key aspect that has not yet been revealed to us about this new ev is the torque specs. It's no secret that electric vehicles have that instant torque, which offers a much different feel from that of a regular ice vehicle so I'm truly interested to see what the actual torque specs of the EV charger are going to look like. Just looking a cross town rival Ford with the Mach E crossover, it only makes 480hp but something like 634lb-ft of torque. Just a thought if the daytona gt made 650lb ft and a daytona rt made 670lb-ft on their base tunes and maybe about 690 on an rt stage 1 and about 710 on a stage 2, that might not be bad performance. With that being said a daytona scat pack stage 1 could start of pushing 740lb-ft of torque and peaking at nearly 800lb-ft with a stage 2 tune. Which isn't bad considering the 2020 telsa model s performance pushes 779hp and 840lbft of torque from a dual motor setup. Also, torque delivery would play a major role in how this car feels to drive. While ev cars are all about instant torque. Depending on the torque management system along with the haptic feedback systems and fratzog system, Stellantis could truly be on to something here with making this daytona perform like what we are used to with the cars we have today. They're literally taking the disconnected feel out of evs and making them more normal.

vbondjr1

Reaction score
Completely different than the '75-'78 era. V8's are COMPLETELY unnecessary minus the sounds they make. While I love the sound of a pushrod V8, Both of the hurricane-6 engines outpower anything that isn't part of the Hellcat family of v8s and they're being put in cars that are designed to out perform what we have now in every single way imaginable. The '70's saw emissions kill performance, not V8s, this era, the V8's are dying but performance is not only surviving but thriving! The standard output Hurricane nearly equals the horsepower of the 6.1L Hemi (420hp in the I-6 vs 425hp in the V8) but with way more torque. The 3.0L high Output Hurricane outpowers the 6.4L in both Horsepower and torque along with producing more power than any of the other naturally aspirated V8s from both Ford and GM. Seeing that the Hurricane-6 is capable of supporting 1,000hp+ (Cat-X), that means that the boost can be turned up to push this powertrain well above hellcat, redeye and jailbreak numbers. Not that they would really need to at this point because even with the Cat-2 version of the Hurricane High output running at 550hp/531tq, adding a hybrid transmission behind it would push it past the 807hp Jailbreak variants at full power. Mopar will go bankrupt with your ideas of V8s, a V10 and some ancient "max wedge" V8. This isn't 1967 anymore. The lack of V8 engines may actually increase sales anyway seeing that GT's & SXTs are really the cars that make up the bulk of the sales anyway because of affordability and fuel economy. While those things may not be what drives most gearheads, it does drive sales, so honestly, having a performance car with more performance that emits less emissions and is all around a better car should by far increase sales and not only that increase profitability because Stellantis wont have to pay fines for not being emissions compliant so in turn, they can make more money. But let's talk power here for a second because that's really what drives the whole muscle car performance car scene. The late '60's and early '70's gave us the 426ci Street hemi rated at 425hp (yeah it was more like 495hp and nearly equal in torque so we will just go with it being a nearly 500hp car), You have the current 392ci V8 which makes 485hp/475lb-ft of torque, and you have the V10 Viper which made around 645hp/600lb-ft of torque. The hurricane Cat-2 puts out 550hp and 531lb-ft of torque which blows away the 7-liter Hemi, the 392, the 6.1L and the 5.7L V8. As I mentioned above throwing a Gen-4 hybrid 8 speed behind that will leave even the mighty viper in the dust and be more practical all the way around. Not to mention the fact that they are moving into another lucrative market, the EV performance market. Let's keep it real here, Most v8's can not compete with an electric performance car when it comes to flat out straight line acceleration, nor can a V10 or V12 on average. EV's offer alot of things that a V8 could never offer including gobs of torque & lower center of gravity which helps with handling, Having the full EV variants (at least the 800V variants) at the top of the list allows a balanced portfolio of power and cost. People complaining about a 2 and 4 door variant of the same car should take a look at the BMW 8-Series which offers a coupe and grand coupe version of the same car. The business model works just fine. This new era promises way more performance and a better business model that will allow the brand to continue offering performance for years to come.

Users who are viewing this thread