Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Laramie / Rebel G/T Package To Return In 2025

With the 2025 Ram 1500 (DT) pickup kicking off production on Monday, February 5th, we are continuing to learn more about the lineup for the new model year. Ram enthusiasts should be happy to hear that the popular G/T Package is returning to the Laramie and Rebel models. The G/T Package adds a little more … (read full article...)

Image 31.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

vbondjr1

Reaction score
I'm actually genuinely excited about the Hurricane-6 engines and some of the stuff that Stellantis (FCA/Mopar) is doing with the new powertrain. I'm also excited about the new platforms, STLA: Frame & STLA: Large and I do hope that the combination of these powertrains and platforms can be a big WIN for the Mopar brands (Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge and Ram). We can see that the Hurricane-6 puts out impressive numbers, 420hp/468lb-ft torque for the Standard output and anywhere from 510hp to 540hp for the High Output with over 500lb-ft of torque in either option and these numbers are in trucks on the STLA: Frame platform, which only promises that in AWD vehicles on the STLA: Large platform with these specs will actually outperform any 5.7L, 6.1L and 6.4L V8 with relative ease and with AWD, they should serve as all weather performers. One of my genuine hopes for the Brand is the return of pretty much everything was on the L-Platform along with some new stuff as well. I see alot of potential with what the brand has at their disposal with the new Hurricane engines and the new platforms and other things such as the ZF Hybrid 8-speed transmission and even with Direct Connection that in my mind makes everything a no-brainer for performance and styling and all of that stuff that would allow the brand to continue being the awesome brand that it is. I see the potential for 700+ HP AWD hybrid Mopar performance vehicles with SRT/Direct Connection/Jailbreak written all over them. I see the potential for an extensive Direct Connection catalog with all sorts of crazy stuff in it with styling and performance from certain aftermarket companies all backed by Mopar with warranties and nearly endless customization options, all backed by MOPAR and still being 50-state legal and emission compliant. I still see a sleek, luxury muscle Chrysler-300 with alot of '69-'70 Hurst cues and the cool urban street styling of the modern day 300C with over 500hp and all kinds of upgrades. The combination of the Hurricane-6 and these platforms has to potential to bring back street performance trucks like the Ram Daytona, a next-gen Ram 1500 "SRT/10" with a inline-6 HO hybrid, the rebirth of the Dakota R/T street performance truck and Rumble bee truck, which would be the equivalent of the Scat Pack cars that the Challenger and Charger had. It'd be nice to see Chrysler give rebirth to the RTS (rapid transit system) which was the Plymouth equivalent of the Scat Pack cars in the '60's. (Just realized RTS and SRT being the same letters just twisted around and the fact that it would make a cool commercial for a few upcoming performance Chrysler models with the SRT logo being on the screen and then a hurricane coming and twisting the letters around to RTS with a dark background and then the lights of a next gen Chrysler 300 coming on in the background and the sound of the turbos spooling and a Hurricane-6 engine revving before the commercial fades out.)
I also think about the possibilities of this engine being just the beginning of the Hurricane-6 family of engines. Similar to what Ford has with their Ecoboost engines, I think of the possibility of Stellantis having one engine larger and one engine smaller in their lineup with this Inline-6 configuration and even further than that, the potential of Stellantis FCA bringing out new iterations of the Hemi-6 from Australia. To put this into perspective, the 225ci slant-6 was roughly 3.6L of displacement and in size would serve as a rival to the 3.5L Ecoboost. There definitely wouldn't be an issue with power because if a 3.0L Hurricane six can put out 540hp, what could a 3.6L Hurricane-6 produce? Could a 4-Liter Hemi-245ci or a 4.3L Hemi-265ci Inline-6 twin turbo come through and become the next Redeye-level performance powertrains or even powertrains for the Ram HD trucks? Who knows.

1960D500

Reaction score
I would of been a lot more excited about a 392 Hemi instead, one thing is for certain that the Hemi would sound a lot better than a six

DHAZ

Reaction score
Love the concept of the GT package but I am scratching my head wondering why it is being offered with the low end motor and not the H/O engine. It would make sense if the Larmarie and Rebel had the optional high output engine to go with the GT package. So a Limited and Tungsten will be faster than a GT package. Does not make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread