Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NHTSA Closes Investigation On Ram/Dodge Rotary Gear Shifters

In a recent development, U.S. auto safety regulators have wrapped up a seven-year investigation into complaints regarding Dodge and Ram vehicles, ultimately deciding against issuing a recall. The probe focused on concerns that these vehicles could roll away after being shifted into park, a problem eerily reminiscent of an incident involving the late Star Trek … (read full article...)

Image 19.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

EddyHernandez24

Reaction score
In a recent development, U.S. auto safety regulators have wrapped up a seven-year investigation into complaints regarding Dodge and Ram vehicles, ultimately deciding against issuing a recall. The probe focused on concerns that these vehicles could roll away after being shifted into park, a problem eerily reminiscent of an incident involving the late Star Trek … (read full article...)
Robert,
Does this affect the Chrysler 300? I own a 2023 300c; which has the Rotary Shifter.

MPE426HEMI

Reaction score
I always wished they’d get away from that stupid, quirky design. I get that it frees up space and looks cleaner and on the cars I guess it’s not too horrible, but on a truck it just don’t flow right. I’d hope they’d come out with a short, electronic steering column shifter. Always my favourite on a truck. They could make so functional with an electronic set up nowadays. Shame.

Bobdoel

Reaction score
Just comes down to how horrible and unreliable American cars are. The more expensive onces last 100k then both engine and transmission need to be thrown out. Toyotas last 350k. American cars have no excuse. Literally just scamming gullible Americans that are still dumb enough to buy them

Users who are viewing this thread