Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The New Alfa Romeo Milano Comes To Life At The Balocco Proving Grounds

Excitement is building as the Alfa Romeo Milano, the brand’s inaugural venture into the world of 100% electric vehicles (EVs), undergoes meticulous development tests at the Balocco testing site. Designed by the Alfa Romeo Centro Stile, the Milano is poised to showcase a fusion of cutting-edge technology and the brand’s signature driving pleasure. Ahead of … (read full article...)

Image 28.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mopar392

Reaction score
Jeep realized a BEV only Avenger won’t sell well and they changed their mind to offer a pure ICE and hybrid, but with a lackluster powertrain.
Hopefully, Alfa doesn’t make the same mistakes.

bill burke

Reaction score
I’ve expressed my reservations on all electric vehicles enough for most. That acknowledged, I must state my real reservation is with an ALL electric lineup for most brands. Yes, there is a viable market for electrics, but there equally is a much larger segment who does not want them too. The free market reflects that reality.
I believe having a couple of all-electric offerings for a brand is smart and could be marginally profitable and the Alfa Romeo Milano is one of them. My wife and I have spent a great deal of time in Italy and Europe generally and our learning curve for the lifestyle is such that we recognize that there is a different relationship, a starkly different culture with the automobile than in America. So the all-electric push is understandable and small cars seem to meet that mindset much better in Europe.
The long and short of it is that by Fiat and Alfa Romeo offering electrics has credibility in Europe, so I reserve my reservations on a few small electrics for these brands. I remain skeptical about their profitability. That All electric brand thinking is totally dead for America. There is undoubtedly a steep learning curve ahead for Stellantis executives obviously.
Take my reluctant attitude to heart, a gentle warning that Dare Forward is in dire need of revision. Totally,

patfromigh

Reaction score
The article states that it is a B-segment crossover. I can't imagine they would base this new product on the CMP platform. Citroen states the e-C3 uses a new platform, but doesn't specifically say it is the STLA small. The new Milano deserves much better than the rehashed CMP that supports the Jeep Avenger and Fiat 600.

TripleT

Reaction score
It just same Peugeot based Coachwork. Avenger, Lancia, and 600.... just another version. It DAMN Sad.... Jeeps and Alfa should never be just Coachwork... They specific missions that specific and divergent.

If early styling bubble releases are accurate even the Coachwork is a fail and Alfas mission.

Users who are viewing this thread