Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Deeper Dive Into The New Twin-Turbo HURRICANE I-6 Engines

In a groundbreaking move set to revolutionize the landscape of pickup truck engines, Ram Trucks recently announced its departure from the iconic 5.7-liter HEMI® V-8, marking the end of a two-decade legacy. Instead, Ram is boldly ushering in a new era with the introduction of not one but two 3.0-liter, twin-turbocharged HURRICANE® I-6 engines. These … (read full article...)

tempImageyHanQD.png

Last edited by a moderator:

MPE426HEMI

Reaction score
Years after Ford introduces a 6-cylinder twin turbo engine for their trucks, Ram has its usual late-to-the-game idea. This should be good! Especially since we know how well that Ford engine went. Turbos? No thanks!

AlexB

Reaction score
Years after Ford introduces a 6-cylinder twin turbo engine for their trucks, Ram has its usual late-to-the-game idea. This should be good! Especially since we know how well that Ford engine went. Turbos? No thanks!
I-6 is a different beast....
Hence, Ford makes significantly less money than Stellantis.

TripleT

Reaction score
V6 is everything people are trying say about the I6. All the complexity none of the advantages, 2 heads, less balanced, less room for intake. I guess maybe balanced wave pressure for the Turbo. I believe the idea was to do a V6 twin turbo and even the exotic Farrari build Alfa version that has to be torn down at like 50k topped at 550 which we can punt to on the new engine and can run on 87 octane…. Yes this is a new beast

Last edited:

Gabbart Dolinquily

Reaction score
I just hope this thing has been tested and retested. There has been so many recalls lately, and this is a new for them tech, I hope it works out.

patfromigh

Reaction score
... this is a new for them tech
Which tech are we talking about?
1. Inline six cylinder (7 main bearings) - 1924
2. Inline six cylinder ( 4 main bearings) - 1930
3. Dual Intake and dual exhaust manifolds on an inline six cylinder - early 1950s (Dodge Trucks)
4. EFI - 1958
5. High performance inline six - 1960 (Hyper Pak option on the then new slant six)
6. Aluminum Block inline six cylinder - 1961
5. Turbocharging with EFI - !984

Have I left anything out?
Bonus questions: What car won the first major NASCAR paved super speedway race in 1951?
What engine did the winning car have?
Clue for the above: It wasn't anyone from the Petty family.
What was the first year that a Petty won a Daytona 500 and which family member was it?

Last edited:

TripleT

Reaction score
I just hope this thing has been tested and retested. There has been so many recalls lately, and this is a new for them tech, I hope it works out.
Recalls are QA, it is fixing things proactively where in the past would just allow to fail. Yes, see the article off the amount of durability testing is unprecedented.

Users who are viewing this thread