Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeep® Starts To Tease Its All-New Premium Electric Wagoneer S

It’s been fifteen months since Jeep® teased us with two battery-electric vehicle (BEV) offerings it was planning to bring to market in 2024 – the off-road-oriented Jeep Recon (EJ) and ultra-premium Wagoneer S (KX). Since then, Jeep has been silent about the two offerings, leaving fans in the wings. However, today, Jeep has finally begun to tease the new premium electric Wagoneer offering. Originally, Jeep said it would offer a competition to find an official name for the Wagoneer S; however, it looks like Jeep has at least so far stuck with the name. Wrapped around the STLA Large architecture, … (read full article...)

WS024_001WS.jpeg

patfromigh

Reaction score
After the events this week with the weather, I hope Stellantis sticks with CCS connectors for its vehicles. After watching the videos of the Tesla supercharging stations frozen in Chicago, I would like to be a fly on the wall at GM and Ford executive offices. Last year they were "oh so smart" for going to the Tesla connecters. Somebody now has to be yelling, "What the heck were you thinking?" when they saw the news.

I cringe when I see the high speed charging voltage rates for these new battery electric Jeep models. The higher speeds seem to contribute to the fire risk. Lugging around larger battery packs cuts into efficiency. So I read such EV announcements bragging on charging speed and range as saying increased risk and lower efficiency.

We must remember that it's Big Brother shoving battery electric power down everyone's throats, and the manufactures must comply. Another hope I have is that Stellantis has a backup plan for these EV products when the, um, stuff hits the HVAC system.

vbondjr1

Reaction score
If there is one thing the Mopar arm of the Stellantis brand knows how to do, it's the fact that they do a good job at marketing with certain vehicles. Just from a personal standpoint, one of the gripes I have with EVs is their looks. They try too hard to look like an EV which to me, and again my personal opinion, is that I don't want a car that looks like an EV, or some cheap looking vehicle. You take a Tesla or a Bolt/Volt or anything in that and you look at them and immediately know they're electric. When you look at what Stellantis, FCA-Mopar is doing with their EVs, while they do have their own uniqueness to them, they don't have that bland appearance to them that make them feel stodgy or out of place. Looking at cars like the Wagoneer S, the Daytona, the Ram 1500 (REV and Ramcharger) and the Recon, while they have slight differences to them, they have many features that set the apart from the EV crowd when it comes to styling and makes them appear more normal. I actually can appreciate the approach that Stellantis (Mopar-branch) is taking with their EVs and hopefully they truly will be game-changers in the EV market. What makes me even happier is that there are companies out there, like Borla, who are embracing the EV market and doing things to bring excitement and customization to what will hopefully be a growing EV performance aftermarket scenario. By no means am I genuinely an EV fan, but with Dodge stepping into the market (Dodge/FCA) I'd consider buying something from the brand

AboysJeep

Reaction score
I noticed how it no longer has a W-A-G-O-N-E-E-R badge on the rear but rather a traditional Jeep emblem. I suppose Stellantis is moving away from the full Wagoneer brand (failure) and moving towards Wagoneer by Jeep?

I also wonder if this, like the new generation of Charger will offer Hurricane powertrains in addition to the electric.

bill burke

Reaction score
I noticed how it no longer has a W-A-G-O-N-E-E-R badge on the rear but rather a traditional Jeep emblem. I suppose Stellantis is moving away from the full Wagoneer brand (failure) and moving towards Wagoneer by Jeep?

I also wonder if this, like the new generation of Charger will offer Hurricane powertrains in addition to the electric.
I see Wagoneer on both front and rear in the photos. Don’t think Wagoneer is failing but it will take time to build the brand in a well established luxury niche with a relatively lesser known name. Give it time.
As to a gas engine, that was my hope since I want a mid size luxury Jeep, but never an electric Jeep. My plan B might be a next generation Cherokee but only with a Hurricane six.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

People still say Jeep® Wagoneer... is was dumb to spin a subbrand when you are already paying premium prices for the normal models. Just embrace it.

TripleT

Reaction score
People still say Jeep® Wagoneer... is was dumb to spin a subbrand when you are already paying premium prices for the normal models. Just embrace it.
Just call is S for whatever the KM is going to be named. I hope Cherokee

TripleT

Reaction score
Riddle me this batman what was the best selling car in 2023?

patfromigh

Reaction score
We are now reaching enough BEVs in the fleet to witness a breakdown of the support system. The electric power grid is stressed in some areas, this is especially evident with battery electric school busses, which need mass charging. The high-speed charging network is wholly inadequate. The government money earmarked for building out the network has strangely gone unaccounted for, while the newer generation of charging stations are unreliable.

More BEVs on the road is like fighting back a flood with fire extinguishers.

TripleT

Reaction score
We are now reaching enough BEVs in the fleet to witness a breakdown of the support system. The electric power grid is stressed in some areas, this is especially evident with battery electric school busses, which need mass charging. The high-speed charging network is wholly inadequate. The government money earmarked for building out the network has strangely gone unaccounted for, while the newer generation of charging stations are unreliable.

More BEVs on the road is like fighting back a flood with fire extinguishers.
The people that make these decision DON'T CARE.

The OEMs have no choice to comply. Coming on this forum and complaining is worthless, they are only doing what is required to stay in business from a regulatory perspective.

The only proper recourse is at the State legislative level. And honestly most people won't care until they are forced to public transport or leave the state. Which is already happening as the divide becomes deeper along ideologic lines.

patfromigh

Reaction score
Whose complaining? I'm just stating facts.

BTW, only around half of the US population has access to scheduled public transportation. Much of that doesn't go to where people want to go. The automakers are finding out that any government big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all away. Government regulated privately owned public transit companies into bankruptcy, and now it's the automaker's turn. Karma is a b___ .

TripleT

Reaction score
Whose complaining? I'm just stating facts.

BTW, only around half of the US population has access to scheduled public transportation. Much of that doesn't go to where people want to go. The automakers are finding out that any government big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all away. Government regulated privately owned public transit companies into bankruptcy, and now it's the automaker's turn. Karma is a b___ .
They are perfectly fine with people being dependent and not traveling without permission. The best thing one can do is leave a CARB state, those who stay are also perfectly fine with being forced to buy with they are told. The OEMs can only sell what is allowed. Although Minn is an odd one, half range for 4 months out of the year is brutal.

This one is pretty at least, can't wait to so the KM with ICE.

patfromigh

Reaction score
Although Minn is an odd one, half range for 4 months out of the year is brutal.
I still see EVs running around where I live in below zero temperatures, but this in an urban environment. There are a number of 110V outlets for plugging in ICE vehicles when parked outside when cold. While it would take days to fully charge an EV on one, a short session on level 1 will warm up the batteries. It's all about being knowledgeable and learning a few tricks. Which is why the general public will be in serious trouble in future winters.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
They are perfectly fine with people being dependent and not traveling without permission. The best thing one can do is leave a CARB state, those who stay are also perfectly fine with being forced to buy with they are told. The OEMs can only sell what is allowed. Although Minn is an odd one, half range for 4 months out of the year is brutal.

This one is pretty at least, can't wait to so the KM with ICE.

I hope KM is boxy

Users who are viewing this thread