Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SPOTTED: 2025 Dodge Charger Daytona 340 On Public Roads

Just days after Dodge surprised everyone with five images of the all-new 400-volt 2025 Dodge Charger Daytona, we are now getting our first peek at the car on public roads around Detroit. A video of the new ‘e-muscle’ car was brought to our attention by Instagram user sinister_coyote5.0. In the short video, we see what … (read full article...)

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 7.32.15 PM.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike201

Reaction score
From the A-pillar back with the exception of no door scallops, looks like my 2013 Charger, which was the best designed Charger of the 3 “new” versions. (2005-23). Had the most retro look of the ‘68-70 Chargers.

bill burke

Reaction score
What can I say, from these photos Dodge has a lot of work to do on this car. Rear end lights and lower area just confusing and uninspiring, a real mess. The sides need more character, though it has a nice flow. The front, oh my, what a disaster, just flat out UGLY. Worst, those side mirrors, they just overwhelm and destroy the character line of the car. What can I say, this thing disappoints and forebodes a complete failure for Dodge. Now add in electric and you got more than disappointment, you have a budding disaster. Help ! PLEASE.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
What can I say, from these photos Dodge has a lot of work to do on this car. Rear end lights and lower area just confusing and uninspiring, a real mess. The sides need more character, though it has a nice flow. The front, oh my, what a disaster, just flat out UGLY. Worst, those side mirrors, they just overwhelm and destroy the character line of the car. What can I say, this thing disappoints and forebodes a complete failure for Dodge. Now add in electric and you got more than disappointment, you have a budding disaster. Help ! PLEASE.

I actually like the mirrors, after owning three L-series cars from the last generation, you always have to double check if someone is in your blind-spot even with BSM because the mirrors are so small.

bill burke

Reaction score
Dodge fans like me are struggling to embrace all these unwarranted changes at Dodge. I’m only one guy, a fan who wants Dodge to do well. Honestly, unless it looks better in person, this car from a stylistic perspective, is a confusing contradiction in design that indicates confusion and lackluster imagination at Dodge. If this is the best they can do, even devoted Dodge fans must admit, the brand is in deep trouble. It hurts to say this but the renditions on the internet from amateur computer stylist blow this away. Might be just me but really Dodge, really Dodge !

vbondjr1

Reaction score
I definitely love the look of the car (mostly) The front is a little eh... but overall I love it. They could have done a little better with the front end but this is a base-model car so maybe the other trims will have slightly different front end styling and maybe a few tweaks here and there, who knows. I'm wholly interested in the car both ICE and EV so either way I'm fairly excited. I could be wrong but the fratzonic exhaust looks like its a split dual system on this car and not just a single opening, Not sure if that's what I'm seeing or just the design of the diffuser. Hopefully the car will be fairly spectacular. We will see.

James.A

Reaction score
From the A-pillar back with the exception of no door scallops, looks like my 2013 Charger, which was the best designed Charger of the 3 “new” versions. (2005-23). Had the most retro look of the ‘68-70 Chargers.
Still drive my 2013 daily and agree, one of the reasons I like the new car is because of resemblance to ours. 😁

vbondjr1

Reaction score
Looking at the Instagram reel with the Challenger in front of it, The car is every bit as wide as a widebody but definitely better looking from the back. It appears to be a little larger than the Challenger as well so it will definitely dwarf a Mustang or Camaro but have more power in certain trim models. Just thinking realistically, if we do get a high output 550hp Hurricane as a mid-trim level and a 420hp low trim level Hurricane, with AWD, that definitely stomps all over the base mustang and the Dark horse in an all around better car and what the Hurricanes can't take care of the EVs will. For a "base" model, the 2025 Charger we are seeing looks pretty good tbh IMO. I'm figuring the car will have a few styling variants like what the current cars have and SRT/Direct Connection will hopefully have a few things for the car as well. I just know that I am strongly thinking this vehicle will be my 3rd Charger in a row.

Mike201

Reaction score
I definitely love the look of the car (mostly) The front is a little eh... but overall I love it. They could have done a little better with the front end but this is a base-model car so maybe the other trims will have slightly different front end styling and maybe a few tweaks here and there, who knows. I'm wholly interested in the car both ICE and EV so either way I'm fairly excited. I could be wrong but the fratzonic exhaust looks like its a split dual system on this car and not just a single opening, Not sure if that's what I'm seeing or just the design of the diffuser. Hopefully the car will be fairly spectacular. We will see.
I think this front can be modified for the ICE version with a full grill and straight closing hood, to replace the front spoiler. This will give it the ‘68-‘70 front end.

Mopar392

Reaction score
2 things,
1- This is a pre-production.
2- This is the EV version. If you want it, see point 1 above. The ICE version would have different front clip and rear bumper.

TripleT

Reaction score
2 things,
1- This is a pre-production.
2- This is the EV version. If you want it, see point 1 above. The ICE version would have different front clip and rear bumper.
NO NO they are going to make air cooled I6 so no changes needed. :p

Hemi_Dart

Reaction score
Must haves:
1. 5.2 Hemi DI V8, 120 lbs lighter than 5.7
Deck 8.65, Bore Sp 4.1, 3.86x3.40 w 5.75
rods, Mains 2.25", Rods 1.88", 12:1 comp
2. Vehicle weight 4,ooo lbs max
3. MPG 18/28 or at least 17/27.
4. Daytona should've had an aluminum block 426 Hemi, 4.18 bore 3.88 stroke.
Tim K has no vision and all of upper management is Lost, 2007 all over again.

MotorMaven

Reaction score
Must haves:
Hemis are dead and gone. They don’t meet emissions standards, and a mid-tier EV will outperform, out-accelerate and out-handle most any Hemi.

Mopar392

Reaction score
Hemis are dead and gone. They don’t meet emissions standards, and a mid-tier EV will outperform, out-accelerate and out-handle most any Hemi.
EV isn’t everyone cup of tea, and shove in it down throat everyone is a recipe of a disaster.
The current technology and infrastructure don’t help either.

vbondjr1

Reaction score
In all of this, alot of what is being talked about is the EV variant, but as far as the ICE variant is concerned, most the publications are all speaking of "a" variant of the Hurricane engine, which makes me wonder just what exactly will become of the non-Daytona charger as far as offering affordable gas or gas/hybrid performance. It also just dawned on me that the Daytona was the more "Aero" package of the 60's Chargers so the ICE variants may actually have the scalloped door scoops while the Daytona may be a bit sleeker. Just a guess. Seeing that Stellantis hasn't said anything about getting rid of the 3.6L Pentastar V6, an updated variant of the engine backed with a Gen4 ZF-hybrid would make a compelling Charger GT model, especially with all-wheel drive and a bunch of performance goodies to go along with it. Let's just say they bump it to 390hp with about 450lb-ft of torque, that comfortably puts it under the 420hp/468tq 3.0L Hurricane twin-turbo Standard output and is still very much emissions compliant with 5.7L Hemi levels of power in a very unstressed engine. You take that powertrain, throw in a super track pack with some better gears and axles, give it Brembo brakes like the current V6 chargers have as options, an aero package, wheel options, a dynamic suspension package, Direct connection performance options (CAI, tune, a well tuned resonated touring catback exhaust (by Akrapovic) that isn't going to sound like absolute junk and have a bit of depth, bass and character), optional direct connection hoods, graphics, spoilers, steering wheels, seats, etc. Optioned like that you have a hot 405hp volume seller charger that would definitely out-perform the Mustang Ecoboost while being larger, more comfortable, more practical and completely emissions compliant. Sure your 3.0L 425hp R/T and 550hp 3.0L HO Scat Packs will be more powerful and with Direct Connection upgrades they'll be even more crazy but this will be more cost effective and will help drive sales up of the new car.

patfromigh

Reaction score
Not this week where I live.🥶 We're still below zero. There's nothing like the sight of a Tesla trying to draft a slow moving truck in winter weather to stretch out the battery charge. Handling is precarious in cold weather on an EV's LRR tires. Remember even in the best of weather fast speeds with an EV is a range killer.

vbondjr1

Reaction score
Must haves:
More like the late '70s but instead of losing horsepower, everything is becoming more powerful. Those days of pushrod V8s are over. Everything on this list you've created would put the company in bankruptcy due to fines from the EPA. They'd be completely out of business with that approach so I wouldn't quite say Tim K and upper management are lost in this instance. The standard output hurricane matches the 6.1L Hemi in horsepower while the high output completely outshines the 6.4L in performance all around. At no point would any naturally aspirated V8 be able to compete with these two and be emissions compliant. Even GM is redoing alot with it's lineup, dropping the Camaro, hybridizing the Corvette and producing more EVs to compensate for any V8 it might have. Ford has being producing Ecoboost powertrains for awhile now, which allows them to keep the DOHC 5.0L V8. The thing is, as much as I even hate to admit it, Telsa changed the game when it comes to performance when they brought out the Model S P100D and the Plaid. Although I'm not an EV fan, I can't argue results that have been tested and proved time and again on the dragstrip. It's not a bad thing, it's how performance has evolved from then until now and if Dodge is switching it up to compete in the electric performance front as well, I say why not? Dodge has a history of competition from NASCAR to the Drag strip to the street and they pretty much always come out on top and become legendary in every aspect of performance. I expect no less of them in this new venture that they are competing in. While I genuinely don't think that move to a complete EV world would be a smart move, I do understand that big cubic inch V8s, or pretty much any V8 at this point is a complete waste and will drive the brand to extinction

TripleT

Reaction score
EV isn’t everyone cup of tea, and shove in it down throat everyone is a recipe of a disaster.
The current technology and infrastructure don’t help either.
True the I6 outperforms them also

AND AGAIN 1/2 the population has no buy choice. Its not a fight the man moment. That is on you all living in those states, all the OEMs can do is complain but they have to product plan around the Regulatory realities. and is 28' not 35' model years .... the punitive fines precures the bans

I get it I dont want pure EV either, thank god I live in a more rational state, but half the population is screwed and it that means people move to public transport they are fine with that.

Users who are viewing this thread