Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EV Prototype Caught Fire At Chrysler Tech Center, Last Month

A recent fire incident at the Chrysler Tech Center (CTC) in Auburn Hills, Michigan, involving an electric vehicle (EV) prototype has been reported. According to information from both the Auburn Hills Fire Department (AHFD) and Crain’s Detroit Business, the fire occurred at the first-floor testing center of the 5.4 million sq.-ft. facility on November 19th. … (read full article...)

tempImage7TC9Iq.png

Last edited by a moderator:

TripleT

Reaction score
happens with ICE vehicles also, just used to dealing with that potential energy more,

BWS1

Reaction score
Obviously did not get into a thermal run away situation , thankfully . If they go to thermal runaway , there is no dealing with it. It just burns until the energy is spent .

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Did anybody else notice the Ram ProMaster EV never arrived yet. It is now January 2024.

I think it was suppose to show up this month at CES 2024, but since they aren't going, they will probably do an online unveil.

cgseller

Reaction score
happens with ICE vehicles also, just used to dealing with that potential energy more,
I had a similar thought, for years we have learned to stay away from fuels and the large tanks with the danger symbols. The stable/solid batteries are not something we tend to associate with a ton of potential energy.

Q: Do haulers carrying *LiOn battery packs stop at all railroad tracks like tankers do?

TripleT

Reaction score
I had a similar thought, for years we have learned to stay away from fuels and the large tanks with the danger symbols. The stable/solid batteries are not something we tend to associate with a ton of potential energy.

Q: Do haulers carrying *LiOn battery packs stop at all railroad tracks like tankers do?

I was working with LabelWorks on shipping, and it is VERY INVOLVED> Like onboard fireman sort of stuff and cannot be flown

Users who are viewing this thread