Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Modern HEMI® Muscle Car Era Is Officially Over

Today, Mopar enthusiasts and muscle car aficionados bid a bittersweet adieu to an iconic chapter in the history of modern muscle cars. The Brampton Assembly Plant, nestled just outside Toronto, Ontario, marked the poignant conclusion of an era as it saw the final production day for the Chrysler 300 (LX), Dodge Charger (LD), and Dodge Challenger (LA) — emblematic representatives of the formidable HEMI® muscle car lineage. Since its inception in 1986 and subsequent acquisition by Chrysler Corporation in 1987, the Brampton facility has been an emblem of automotive innovation and prowess. Over the years, it has birthed an illustrious … (read full article...)

413853466_6977921268963848_3031805635078083859_n.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

patfromigh

Reaction score
Over the past weeks management has been purging all the Hemi cars from our regional fleet. Pickup trucks of course continue. I can't speak for the other regions of the country, but an era has definitely ended. This for sure will open up room in the areas where we keep wrecked vehicles. It feels like 1974 all over again.

bill burke

Reaction score
Time and thought will change the definition of what enthusiasts call a
“Muscle Car” . If Dodge is given the finances by Stellantis, no doubt their engineering and styling teams will successfully redefine, more than change, that new definition. Trust me, muscle cars live on.
For myself, I intend to have my cake and eat it too. How you may ask, even the celebrated Mopar Willy can’t do both. I beg to differ silly doubters.
Sitting in my garage is my HEMI Challenger R/T, call it, my cake. But my appetite for Dodge muscle knows no bounds, so when the next generation Challenger is launched, that appetite will be satisfied in short order and two Challengers will occupy my garage. Yes, he ate the WHOLE THING !
Just doing my part in redefining the muscle car. (BURP) Leave it to old Mopar Willy to change the course of mighty rivers, bend steel in his bare hands...you get it. Cake and Eat it too. BURP !!

Denver31

Reaction score
Today, Mopar enthusiasts and muscle car aficionados bid a bittersweet adieu to an iconic chapter in the history of modern muscle cars. The Brampton Assembly Plant, nestled just outside Toronto, Ontario, marked the poignant conclusion of an era as it saw the final production day for the Chrysler 300 (LX), Dodge Charger (LD), and Dodge Challenger (LA) — emblematic representatives of the formidable HEMI® muscle car lineage. Since its inception in 1986 and subsequent acquisition by Chrysler Corporation in 1987, the Brampton facility has been an emblem of automotive innovation and prowess. Over the years, it has birthed an illustrious … (read full article...)
It's not that the ERA of the HEMI, or any other ICE Vehicles, Muscle Cars is over, it's Big Government, Stupidity forcing this down the Throats of the American Citizens! Which is a Shame and Disgrace. Basically taking away a Freedom of the American Citizens! Someway, Somehow this nonsense, Big Government, EPA has to be Stopped in its tracks. They are Destroying America, the fiber of America and her Citizens!!

vbondjr1

Reaction score
I've had the privilege and honor of owning two Dodge Chargers, both of them 3.6L cars. I've also had the opportunity to work at a Dodge dealership for the past several years and have gotten behind the wheel of my share of Mopar cars and have friends and associates who own cars on this amazing platform with Hemis, 392s and even Hellcats. I'm hopeful that this next generation of performance vehicles from stellantis will be successful

Calprog

Reaction score
I am disappointed that Dodge has caved into pressure from the govt. Such a shame. Not what I expected. My 70 challenger and 15 scat pack will never leave me!

Hemi_Dart

Reaction score
No technology improvements since 2009 on the Normally Aspirated Hemis...is anyone really surprised?

Upper management is a major disappointment, so many wasted years Tim Kuniskis is a short sighted opportunist...Way to run the Hemi into extinction Tim! Ford, GM, & Mercedes have big plans for V8 for years to come.

JohnRogers

Reaction score
No technology improvements since 2009 on the Normally Aspirated Hemis...is anyone really surprised?

Upper management is a major disappointment, so many wasted years Tim Kuniskis is a short sighted opportunist...Way to run the Hemi into extinction Tim! Ford, GM, & Mercedes have big plans for V8 for years to come.

Seriously? :unsure:
Tis true.

Users who are viewing this thread