Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chrysler Is Planning Another MCA For Its Pacifica Minivan

As the iconic Chrysler 300 concludes its production run this Friday, all eyes turn to the stalwart of the Chrysler lineup: the Pacifica minivan. With the imminent departure of the 300, Chrysler places significant emphasis on the Pacifica and its Voyager and Grand Caravan iterations as the sole torchbearers for the brand’s legacy. Introduced in … (read full article...)

tempImageti1WP1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

patfromigh

Reaction score
The replacement for the Chrysler 300 is the Toyota Crown. The replacement for the Plymouth brand is Kia. The Chrysler brand is irreplaceable. Its absence in the marketplace will be painful for many.

Mike201

Reaction score
Ha, ha, ha, sorry can’t stop laughing at this.
“period as a “one-product brand,” yet its commitment to an electrified future remains unwavering,“. Seriously so how long are we going to be a one behicle brand? 2 years? 4? Do you even have any Chryslers ready to go? There is no way in hell this should have ended up like this. You knew this EV thing was coming and to have NO vehicles ready is total BS!
There should have been a crossover ready to go, an upscale SUV ready to go (seeing you have many Jeeps to reskin as a Chrysler) and a new sedan on the new Charger platform. This is disgraceful to say the least. As a 58 year old lifetime Mopar owner I am so disgusted at how this company is turning out! So sad!!!

BWS1

Reaction score
“period as a “one-product brand,” yet its commitment to an electrified future remains unwavering,“. Seriously so how long are we going to be a one behicle brand? 2 years? 4? Do you even have any Chryslers ready to go? There is no way in hell this should have ended up like this. You knew this EV thing was coming and to have NO vehicles ready is total BS!
There should have been a crossover ready to go, an upscale SUV ready to go (seeing you have many Jeeps to reskin as a Chrysler) and a new sedan on the new Charger platform. This is disgraceful to say the least. As a 58 year old lifetime Mopar owner I am so disgusted at how this company is turning out! So sad!!!
Just turned 55 and I really can’t say it much better than you just did. Sad indeed.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

There was indeed the Airflow, with a substantial amount of money invested that seemingly yielded nothing—a recurring theme for Chrysler. Remember the striking all-electric 2009 Chrysler 200C? It was envisioned as a midsized RWD Chrysler sedan.

sqLdrz.jpeg

Then came the Chrysler Portal, an electric mini minivan targeted at millennials (quite a tongue-twister!)—yet another disappointment.

CN017_077CHil51066o2rp2cm5r1hibp25si6__mid.jpeg

The Airflow had three iterations. The initial CES concept, the Airflow Vision buck...

tempImage6H0Tlc.png

Followed by the second version in white...

tempImageWBR8FH.png

Then the more refined Airflow Graphite...

2022-Chrysler-Airflow-Concept-ErV-6.jpeg

Having personally seen all the Airflow Concepts, the Graphite stood out as well-ironed and genuinely stylish. It could have been a formidable competitor to the Tesla Model Y. I firmly believe it would've effectively bridged the gap during Chrysler's transition to EVs.

BWS1

Reaction score
Chrysler is done. By the time new models become reality, if we in fact do ever see them, we will quite literally have a generation of new buyers coming of age that have scantly heard the name. Hold on to your hat. How far behind can Dodge be?

Mike201

Reaction score
There was indeed the Airflow, with a substantial amount of money invested that seemingly yielded nothing—a recurring theme for Chrysler. Remember the striking all-electric 2009 Chrysler 200C? It was envisioned as a midsized RWD Chrysler sedan.

View attachment 8985

Then came the Chrysler Portal, an electric mini minivan targeted at millennials (quite a tongue-twister!)—yet another disappointment.

View attachment 8986

The Airflow had three iterations. The initial CES concept, the Airflow Vision buck...

View attachment 8987

Followed by the second version in white...

View attachment 8988

Then the more refined Airflow Graphite...

View attachment 8989

Having personally seen all the Airflow Concepts, the Graphite stood out as well-ironed and genuinely stylish. It could have been a formidable competitor to the Tesla Model Y. I firmly believe it would've effectively bridged the gap during Chrysler's transition to EVs.
Bob I remember all of those. The 200 would have put Chrysler ahead of the curve if it went into production back then. The Portal did not float my boat.
As for the Airflow, I could not agree with you more. It would have been a great competitor to Tesla’s model Y. As of right now Tesla has no real competition. The Airflow seemed very nice and for the money invested in it, it should have been given the green light and we should have seen it on dealer lots next year. Something is better than nothing and for what was spent on it that was a big loss!

bill burke

Reaction score
I grew up lusting over Chrysler, the letter 300s and the “exclusive” Imperial. Success in life brought me the chance to fulfill some of that lust, bypassing the luxury imports my neighbors drove for a Chrysler LeBaron, a 300 sedan, a Crossfire fastback and my remaining and forever Chrysler Crossfire Limited Roadster.
Watching the demise through what seems incompetence and neglect of my beloved brand is truly painful, I’m angry at the brand management and its corporate leadership. Despair has not consumed me yet, but one model, that is beyond bad timing, planning and vision, it’s glaring mismanagement deserving dismissal. Might make me feel better, but right now these lack luster pencil pushers are the only hope we have left that Chrysler has a future. My pet rock could have done a better job. Sad.

patfromigh

Reaction score
The Christmas rush was going on at work last night. All our business renters have disappeared for the next two or three weeks, being replaced by an onslaught of personal and family vehicle renters. All those KIA Telluride and Hyundai Palisade 3-row crossovers we have been receiving new these past few months are being put to good use. I couldn't help but notice our customers' attraction to such vehicles. I would also add the Mazda CX-90 to the list, we also have some of those. When I was parking all these particular vehicle models on the customer pickup line, I couldn't help but think of this thread.

The Chrysler brand has a rich history of station wagons and minivans. The brand was hot on the trail with the original Pacifica, but then lost the scent. I have owned a massive 1972 Town & Country wagon and a T&C minivan with AWD. My Chrysler minivan was from a model year when Plymouth was still around, so the trims offered were mostly upper level. Mine was. Now all this brand has are the minivans, but they are often trimmed to be fleet queens, I know because I encounter them on a daily basis.

Users who are viewing this thread