Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Ram 1500 Production Will Begin In Early February

The wheels are set in motion for the much-anticipated 2025 Ram 1500 series as the production gears up to begin. Scheduled to roll off the assembly line at the Sterling Heights Assembly Plant (SHAP) on February 5th, 2024, this newest addition promises a noteworthy overhaul from its predecessors. One of the striking shifts in the … (read full article...)

tempImageo96gRt.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Niteshift92

Reaction score
I wish Ram well with their new engine choices. However, with no V8 available, I have bought my last. I don't mind the idea of a straight 6 cylinder IF it is appropriately sized for the task. Smaller more efficient engines are great IF they are operating within their size to weight class, not when they are stressed beyond their limit and require power adders to fulfill their task. That is a recipe for reduced reliability, durability, and poor performance. The best day to day performing trucks generally require engines equal to roughly 1 liter of displacement per 1000 pounds of truck.

The one

Reaction score
I wish Ram well with their new engine choices. However, with no V8 available, I have bought my last. I don't mind the idea of a straight 6 cylinder IF it is appropriately sized for the task. Smaller more efficient engines are great IF they are operating within their size to weight class, not when they are stressed beyond their limit and require power adders to fulfill their task. That is a recipe for reduced reliability, durability, and poor performance. The best day to day performing trucks generally require engines equal to roughly 1 liter of displacement per 1000 pounds of truck.
Change is hard for some people. Still Rocking that Mullet? How is that Motorola brick phone holding up? Power adders? You mean turbos?. That have been used for hundreds of millions of miles on over the road trucks for many many years? Smaller and small more powerful has been trend since the beginning of time.

Users who are viewing this thread