Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeep® Introduce e-Hybrid Tech To Its European Avenger Lineup

In response to a noticeable pushback against full electrification, Jeep® is broadening its Avenger (JJ) range with the introduction of the new Avenger e-Hybrid across all European markets. Initially slated for release exclusively in the Italian and Spanish markets with an internal combustion engine (ICE) model, the American adventure brand has now incorporated mild-hybrid technology … (read full article...)

Avengere-Hybrid.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

bill burke

Reaction score
The spin team is hard at work on this, but plain and simple, Jeep and hopefully all of Stellantis has cried”UNCLE!!! “
As more and more people figure out the environmental doom prediction is a hoax and electric vehicles are a pile of junk, they are choosing not to buy them in serious numbers. The free market has spoken, the government regulations be damned, the electric car pipe dream is over and manufacturers are saving their tails and building what the masses want. Sorry tree huggers, the green game is over. Thank heavens the woke minions are being shown the door, or should be, and people will be getting what they want in the future. Spin it anyway you want Jeep, you got it wrong and everyone knows it.

Archknight

Reaction score
The spin team is hard at work on this, but plain and simple, Jeep and hopefully all of Stellantis has cried”UNCLE!!! “
As more and more people figure out the environmental doom prediction is a hoax and electric vehicles are a pile of junk, they are choosing not to buy them in serious numbers. The free market has spoken, the government regulations be damned, the electric car pipe dream is over and manufacturers are saving their tails and building what the masses want. Sorry tree huggers, the green game is over. Thank heavens the woke minions are being shown the door, or should be, and people will be getting what they want in the future. Spin it anyway you want Jeep, you got it wrong and everyone knows it.
The writing was on the wall for these pure electric models when Tesla and all the other OEMs are losing money on these things. GM has actually pulled back plans to launch models because they need ICE models that are more profitable.

Stellantis definitely needs to push out mild-, plug-in, and full hybrid models for greater efficiency. I was hoping they would finally announce some models that the US could get excited about but they aren't even showing concepts. The Wagoneer S and Recon are supposed to be up next for 2024, but is Stellantis rethinking the full electric strategy and going the route of the Charger with STLA Large platform to include ICE models? The Wagoneer S in particular should be a Velar/Range Rover Sport competitor since Wagoneer is trying to be a separate brand and with Alfa Romeo supposedly losing its ICE with the next Stelvia model, but we shall see.

Mike201

Reaction score
Hey Bill, funny how this came up today. Here in Connecticut on last nights news there’s a big pushback from the consumers and people of the state. Our liberal government is trying to mandate all electric vehicle sales by 2035. But apparently there’s a lot of pushback from the constituents here in our state and they want that removed as a new law that they’re trying to put in affect.
Also I have noticed in my area (greater Hartford) there are a lot of used Teslas ifor sale in used car dealers . It is kind of ironic that people are getting rid of them already.
We don’t need EV’s. I think hybrids will be as much as we need. I am anti EV, but ended up renting a Hybrid Pacifica and actually like it a lot. Of course it wasn’t my Charger, it was pretty good.

bill burke

Reaction score
Hey Bill, funny how this came up today. Here in Connecticut on last nights news there’s a big pushback from the consumers and people of the state. Our liberal government is trying to mandate all electric vehicle sales by 2035. But apparently there’s a lot of pushback from the constituents here in our state and they want that removed as a new law that they’re trying to put in affect.
Also I have noticed in my area (greater Hartford) there are a lot of used Teslas ifor sale in used car dealers . It is kind of ironic that people are getting rid of them already.
We don’t need EV’s. I think hybrids will be as much as we need. I am anti EV, but ended up renting a Hybrid Pacifica and actually like it a lot. Of course it wasn’t my Charger, it was pretty good.
Not totally anti-electric, but also living in an oppressive liberal state (NY), though gratefully and specifically on Red, Republican, Safe, Financially Sound Long Island, but the NYC dominated crazies in Albany are trying to shove their insanity down our throats. This I strongly oppose. Republicans just took 100% total control of both Nassau and Suffolk County governments (Long Island,NY) demonstrating the same anger and frustration over ignoring their wishes on many issues like your state. Hopefully the “enlightened elites” get enlightened. Here too people are dumping electrics. Seems enlightened to me.

patfromigh

Reaction score
All eyes are on Kokomo Transmission. From the UAW future product plan article here on Mopar Insiders.
Kokomo Transmission – The facility will get a $450 million investment. The product at the facility will look like this…
- Launch of a new 880RE Gen4 8-Speed Automatic in 2024.
- Current production of the single-input electrically variable transmission (Si-EVT) used in the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid will continue into 2028.
Before everybody gets too excited, Virginia voted the other way. Most people in this country haven't quite figured things out and are still drunk on all the spilled Kool-Aid. The elites live in an ivory tower and don't have to deal with the messes they create for the rest of us. The path to battery electric vehicles is only through hybrids. We need time to sort out the resources and supporting infrastructure needed for a larger fleet of battery electrics. Diesel fuel is way to expensive and alternatives are needed for fleet and commercial vehicles. Electric delivery vans and basic electric city cars have a future. Ironically it is the elites and the so called green agenda which hinder this.

Speaking of irony, there are a few things about this Jeep Avenger e-Hybrid which trouble me. First of all it has that French designed and Chinese built transaxle. The Kokomo built Si-EVT is a superior hybrid transaxle. What happens to that after 2028? The second thing I have to point out is the the Avenger's platform mate, the Citroen e-C3, is an affordable battery electric with a reasonable range. Will the Jeep Avenger hybrid be priced more? We will of course not see any of this on our side of the pond. Which is kind of sad because still another platform mate, the Fiat 600, would work here as a city car.

I don't know why Stellantis hasn't used the Pacifica's hybrid setup in other CDJR vehicles. Toyota offers an e-axle with their hybrids, the CDJR brands should be doing this as well.

The exit of the Chevy Bolt will leave a void in the marketplace for electric city cars. Somebody should step in and fill that void.

AlexB

Reaction score
All eyes are on Kokomo Transmission. From the UAW future product plan article here on Mopar Insiders.

Before everybody gets too excited, Virginia voted the other way. Most people in this country haven't quite figured things out and are still drunk on all the spilled Kool-Aid. The elites live in an ivory tower and don't have to deal with the messes they create for the rest of us. The path to battery electric vehicles is only through hybrids. We need time to sort out the resources and supporting infrastructure needed for a larger fleet of battery electrics. Diesel fuel is way to expensive and alternatives are needed for fleet and commercial vehicles. Electric delivery vans and basic electric city cars have a future. Ironically it is the elites and the so called green agenda which hinder this.

Speaking of irony, there are a few things about this Jeep Avenger e-Hybrid which trouble me. First of all it has that French designed and Chinese built transaxle. The Kokomo built Si-EVT is a superior hybrid transaxle. What happens to that after 2028? The second thing I have to point out is the the Avenger's platform mate, the Citroen e-C3, is an affordable battery electric with a reasonable range. Will the Jeep Avenger hybrid be priced more? We will of course not see any of this on our side of the pond. Which is kind of sad because still another platform mate, the Fiat 600, would work here as a city car.

I don't know why Stellantis hasn't used the Pacifica's hybrid setup in other CDJR vehicles. Toyota offers an e-axle with their hybrids, the CDJR brands should be doing this as well.

The exit of the Chevy Bolt will leave a void in the marketplace for electric city cars. Somebody should step in and fill that void.
Avenger wasn't design for U.S.
This is CMP mates that start development in the merger process rather than using the new 500 technology.
It is a cost savings exercise.

Archknight

Reaction score
880RE (hybrid) transmission along with hybrid variants of the I6 are supposed to enter production next year, so it'll be very interesting to see where they appear first.

As for this little Jeep hybrid it bodes well for the US market as a preview to what Stellantis will move towards for powertrain options. The Renegade and Compass are likely to get the new 1.6T engine, so I'll expect something similar to this setup with the new 8 speed to show up in the US market.

Last edited:

TripleT

Reaction score
Interesting.

Jeep Compass hybrid when?
It got to be something with Mexico as that model already exists in Europe, I really want a PHEV as a daily driver and it not going to be the Minivan.

patfromigh

Reaction score
The Jeep Renegade and Compass 4Xe models use a different hybrid system than the rear drive based models and the Chrysler Pacifica. The e-axle and transmission both come from outside suppliers. I think the Alfa Tonale and Dodge Hornet also use the same parts. I don't know what will happen once Stallantis is producing their own e-drive units.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
It got to be something with Mexico as that model already exists in Europe, I really want a PHEV as a daily driver and it not going to be the Minivan.
It's so weird to be honest.

Although, I'm not interested in a $60k Compass hybrid either, so whatever.

TripleT

Reaction score
It's so weird to be honest.

Although, I'm not interested in a $60k Compass hybrid either, so whatever.
I imagine if it 41K pounds in England where things tend to be higher priced we should be in the $45K range here.

AlexB

Reaction score
The next generation Compass is moving to Brampton to built on the STLA Medium platform.

Next-Gen Jeep Compass to be Built in Ontario

So Toluca will apparently will be all STLA Large for KX (2024) and KM (2025) models.
Recon
Wagonner S (2024)
2025: current Compass ends
Cherokee
(?)Chrysler Airflow (2025).

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
I imagine if it 41K pounds in England where things tend to be higher priced we should be in the $45K range here.

Which is probably not far off $60k Canadian.

Heck, a Compass Sport here is $38k, that is not an appealing proposition in the least to me.

Users who are viewing this thread