Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chrysler Says New Crossover Concept Will Be Shown Next Year

Chrysler CEO Chris Feuell revealed exciting plans for the brand’s future during her recent appearance at the Reuters’ Automotive USA Summit in Detroit. With a firm commitment to transition towards an all-electric lineup by 2028, Chrysler is gearing up to release an all-new concept vehicle in early 2025. After teasing enthusiasts for two years with … (read full article...)

tempImagesOKapk.png

Last edited by a moderator:

bill burke

Reaction score
Let’s face it Dodge and Chrysler have a problem called Stellantis. This group has great potential, offers a range of engineering capacities the old Chrysler Corporation or even Fiat Chrysler could never, ever have mustered, but the downside, call it “EUROTHINK” if I may, has put fear into my sailors heart. Chrysler, it seems evident, is lost at sea, without a compass. The bland, uninspiring next generation flagship, the Euro inspired Airflow, sank like an anchor once public reaction hit the bow. I see nothing to encourage me that has come so far from the Captain’s bridge and it’s defined all-electric destination is an iceberg looming in the fog. Is anyone else thinking Titanic? Was that ship not a European creation? Bad omen! Duck, it’s an albatross !
Now Dodge has a captain, a compass, but no wind at its back from Stellantis. The crew is trying to mutiny with some old Mopar inspired course corrections, but the sails are slack and the tide of Eurothink is driving the ship towards to rocks of environmentalist ruin. Holly Minnow, Is that Gilligan signaling us!
I might be a landlubber, but I know a ship in trouble. Time to head for the lifeboats boys!!!

Last edited:

TripleT

Reaction score
Least if it on the STLA large they can add ICE when EV market shown to be unviable to the CARB states

vbondjr1

Reaction score
Just putting some things together here with all that is going on in Stellantis and some of their supporting manufacturers, mainly ZF. A while back, Stellantis started mentioning this new crossover called the Dodge Stealth, stating it to be possible replacement for the aging, but awesome, Dodge Durango, saying that it was going to be on the STLA Large platform, stating that it will be "Drastically different" than the Durango & more along the lines of "what people are looking for." as reported by an article on another auto news website. The reason I mention all of this is because they're touting the Airflow as a crossover and if that's the case, this Dodge Stealth crossover could be more along the lines of something like this and fill the role of the previous Dodge Journey but with a bit more of a Dodge Magnum/Coronet Wagon kind of attitude. If Dodge was brazen enough to make a Durango Hellcat, what would keep them from continuing that same kind of energy in a crossover on a much more dynamic platform, especially with the potential of the powertrains that will be arriving shortly in the form of the Hurricane I-6 Turbo engines? Stellantis just introduced the world to it's new trucks with 420hp and 540hp powertrains with some impressive EV variants as well and we know those Hurricane powertrains are coming to the STLA large platform so a high performance wagon-like crossover makes sense as a stablemate to the new 2-door Charger. Adding the new hybrid ZF 8-speed to the back of a 550hp Hurricane High Output I-6 engine along with the 44hp starter motor from the 4Xe powertrain results in Black-Ghost rivaling horsepower with fewer emissions and alot of tuning potential left on the table. the performance levels move up from there with a full BEV setup with a dual motor setup capable of 884hp and a tri-motor setup capable of 1,326hp, surpassing both Tesla and Lucid in the EV horsepower wars. I think most people and auto manufacturers have begun to realize that the full EV movement is a bit further off than initially projected and that there are other ways to go about this than to do the knee jerk reaction that they were initially trying to do that was going to lead to a more problematic situation than what we currently have right now. ZF is making remarkable progress with the next gen 8-speed automatic with the hybrid technology and has basically turned the transmission itself into an actual power adder that actually creates cleaner vehicles and still offers impressive performance.
While I do see Dodge, Jeep and Ram utilizing alot of this technology with the STLA Large and Frame platform vehicles, and STLA medium vehicles, I feel like Chrysler may take a different path altogether, if the brand survives. The Chrysler brand has somewhat repositioned itself into being the Buick of the Stellantis lineup, being that Jeep has truly become a genuine luxury line with vehicles like the Grand Cherokee, Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer, as they offer more luxury and features than anything in the Chrysler lineup. To be honest, a Ram Truck is more luxurious than a Chrysler 300 sedan and it's a truck. Chrysler has become a truly dying branch of the Mopar tree and may soon be pruned from existence completely. While minivans have their purpose, they are a dying breed seeing that most people don't have big families anymore and a crossover can handle most family duties for the people who still do have families and the Chrysler 300 is a sedan that is completely out of touch and lacks purpose. Put it this way, if Jeep were to bring out a vehicle similar to the Airflow but had it sit a little bit higher with some taller tires, gave it an air suspension that could raise the chassis up about 4" for doing a little bit of light off roading, threw in a 4Xe powertrain with the optional full 402hp dual motor BEV option and gave it a Grand Cherokee-like interior and called it the Jeep Eagle, referencing the original crossover, the AMC Eagle, Chrysler would effectively be extinct. Even a Citadel version of a Dodge Stealth or offering Citadel, Limited & Tungsten new Durango on the STLA: Frame platform would literally put the Chrysler brand in the grave. Let's take it a step further and even talk about the EV aspect of what Chrysler is talking about with the Airflow. A 402hp dual motor EV isn't much to talk about when they're talking about a 340kW (455hp) and a 440kW 400v system on a vehicle built on the same platform.

Jeeprt

Reaction score
This snails pace is just a slow death. The stupidity of the people running things now is incredible.
Kill the Challenger and Charger before replacements are ready, real smart. And the people who buy them do not want or can afford EVs. Takes a real genius to recognize that.
The Jeep Cherokee sits in the hottest segment right now and it looks and feels ancient. Take your time guys, you are already five years late, what's a few more?
Why doesn't the Grand Cherokee have the option of all terrain tires? It is a Jeep. Why do you have to go 4XE to get a Trail Hawk? And what is with the awful color choices. Are they color blind? Rocky Mountain
looks more like pond scum. Midnight Sky is just another black, and Silver Zenith and Baltic Gray are dull. Granite Crystal was beautiful, guess that's why they replaced it.
I sure some will criticize me for this post, but I'm pissed and saddened with just about everything that's happening to Chysler, Dodge and Jeep.

MPE426HEMI

Reaction score
Stupid ideas from Staleantics all around! They’d better have ICE and or a hybrid available for this vehicle. Going all EV is just another dumb death knell. I’m sure with all the stupid “levels” of driving garbage, no one only the elite will be able to afford it anyways. Great work!

MPE426HEMI

Reaction score
This snails pace is just a slow death. The stupidity of the people running things now is incredible.
Kill the Challenger and Charger before replacements are ready, real smart. And the people who buy them do not want or can afford EVs. Takes a real genius to recognize that.
The Jeep Cherokee sits in the hottest segment right now and it looks and feels ancient. Take your time guys, you are already five years late, what's a few more?
Why doesn't the Grand Cherokee have the option of all terrain tires? It is a Jeep. Why do you have to go 4XE to get a Trail Hawk? And what is with the awful color choices. Are they color blind? Rocky Mountain
looks more like pond scum. Midnight Sky is just another black, and Silver Zenith and Baltic Gray are dull. Granite Crystal was beautiful, guess that's why they replaced it.
I sure some will criticize me for this post, but I'm pissed and saddened with just about everything that's happening to Chysler, Dodge and Jeep.
Not to mention old, but the Cherokee is the biggest turd on the lot. I’ve had more problems with that POS than I’ve ever had with anything. Kill it now! Along with the Rene-junk fiat-ized garbage!

Mike201

Reaction score
Jeeprt,
I agree with you 100%! If anyone criticizes your comment, they need to look in a mirror and ask themselves if they are a true Mopar person. As a former owner of a Chrysler 300, I am saddened as to where Chrysler is and the snail pace on new product along with NO new 300! Jeep as some great product in Asia, but here we get the Fiat Renagade, a mini Cherokee, in the Compass. How did the Compass replace the Cherokee. As a Cherokee owner, we love it but you are right it is ancient!!!!
As for Dodge, how and why did they end the current vehicles while the new ones are not even ready. Totally unexceptable!!! If any thing good can said is Ram is still running 2 trucks, but that ends soon. And the fact we will be getting a new mid size pickup is great news, BUT that is a few years out!
I just hope the new cars that are running hybrid, stick around. Not an EV fan at all, but I can live with a hybrid if I have to.

TripleT

Reaction score
I didn't know there weren't a bunch of Charger and Challengers still on the lots. It is almost like they are trying to sell them at as high a margin as possible before introducing the new one? IDIOTS trying to make money HOW DARE THEY. I saw a body in white so it must be YEARS until the new Chargers comes out.

As for Chrysler I have to go back to Stage Gate ..... EV aren't selling and why the heck haven't they released the new Chrysler EV, 300 sells less than 2 per dealer per month and why the heck haven't they replaced it. If you are saying these in the same sentence and wonder why they don't have a new product .... your confused. Stage 5 implementation is failing the Gate justification. They keep regrouping and trying again, which is far better than giving up.

KM I believe has cleared it gate. I for good sakes let's not pretend that Renegade and Compass are not a million times better than MK garbage they replaced as we spout xenophobic complaints.

I am pretty Darn happy that all the OEMs are suddenly pushing back on the EV mandates.... but to this point the escalating fines have not been repealed at the CARB or EPA level, and the mandates still exist. Pretty sure they intend to "Push" people in those states into them either way, even if it means the collapse of the dealers and people into the "safe and efficient" public transport systems.

TripleT

Reaction score
I thought they quit making the Cherokee. When I drove by the facility in Belvedere it was shut down.

They did seems like Belvedere was a negotiation tool. Certainly, the Compass and it were too close especially after the Mid-cycle restyling. I have No inside information but think the KM moved from CUSW to a Small STLA Large which would have delayed it Implementation but allowing more manufacturing flexibility over the dying CUSW.

gapgap3063

Reaction score
SADLY The Killing of the Chrysler brand started under Sergio Marchionne! who although first saved the Dodge, and Chrysler, brands etc, with investment, that brought in more sales! But He then started to use those profits, and the massive profits from Dodge Ram, and Jeep, to make more and more Jeeps, and he kept Ram a leader! but then sadly started giving Dodge nothing but engine upgrades, hood scoops, and colors, Chrysler got a 200, but then to save money and kill it, he first dogged the car publicly! that was done on purpose folks! It gave excuse to kill it. To not improve a car he greenlighted and refurbished an entire plant! to build! was stupid. Knocking Chrysler to 2 vehicles!!! he also tried to push the Plymouth Brand level status on! Chrysler result? the bland styling! of the 200! Lets all remember who also killed the 300 update! that was scheduled for around 2018/2019 that 300 was shown at a dealers event in 2017 and dealers who seen it said it was awesome in looks, and content, a true Caddy killer and Lincoln killer etc. but he axed it! why?? can you say Maserati ! and Alfa ! two brands that will never sale big here! billions invested in Both while Chrysler just sat! and had hardly no commercials, no adds, no new anything, then they started dropping Interior seating, and interior color choices, and trim levels, on the 300, but the damn car still outsold all Maserati ! and Alfa ! vehicles by itself! not to mention the Fix It Again Tony brand, that wasted so much cash! he Sergio Marchionne then dies-(RIP.) But then The new installed leader just continues the killing of Chrysler! then later WHAM! if not the for the merger that Created Stellantis The Chrysler Brand would be dead Right now in my opinion! the old FCA would of just rebadged the mini! into Dodge and came up with a marketing tool to sell it along with the wham bam Charger, and Challenger commercials, Chevy does this with Vet, and the Camaro,-(everyday people vehicles to performance!) So now enter Stellantis! well??? They do give the Chrysler brand a damn leader after Years of Tim Kuniskis moonlighting with Chrysler half heartedly? and he was given really nothing in investment for Chrysler! or either didn't stand up for the brand? his heart was really with Dodge! in my opinion, So Chrysler Brand gets Christine Feuell to lead. I give her credit for one thing killing that bland as hell airflow!!! She had to see that all over the internet on car sites, that thing got dogged as cookie cutter Bland!! She also received this news and from clinics they run with customers. So after months of being told the airflow concept was coming to production! Wham it's Killed! and a new head turner suv is coming, She also has said in this interview with Reuters that she is sad the about sedans disappearing and hints at a 300 replacement although BEV, I think They really need to rethink this! just as it seems Dodge has! the Hurricane 6 engine is there!!! for Chrysler! and Chrysler needs to be BOLD!!!!! in all ways! not cookie cutter play it safe! Also get a sedan back ASAP! take what market Ford, and GM, have thrown away!!! after you get this Bev SUV out. do both ASAP! but rethink ICE! AND COMBO! It's also No reason at all for Chrysler not to have a large SUV either! GM does this With All brands! so Does Ford Etc. That all BEV stuff needs to be pushed into the mid 2030's As for me I will keep my Loaded 2017 300C as long as I can! and Hope like Hell Chrysler is listening! that they could be the Kings of the Sedan! and make a boom into SUV's, CUV's, etc. But it takes Balls! and not a Yes person to the Stellantis leaders in Hoofddorp Netherlands who don't seem to get it!!! that this is An American BRAND! I cry Chrysler tears every day! My dad did 45 years at Chrysler, I did 10 after the Army. I own a 2017 300C, a 2005 300C, a 2003 Dodge ram 2500, and a 2004 4 door 2500 both 8ft. long beds , and a 2014 6.4 hemi 3500 Chassis cab, all the trucks are for my Business, I also have a Plum! 1995 Dodge VIPER, My Son has a 200, My late DAD-(RIP) owned a 2016 300C. so you see where my heart has always been! but it's being torn out! let's see if all the Chrysler folks like me and the brands it used to run! have something to touch our hearts SOON! mainly! from the now Chrysler brand. Damn U! Robert Eaton!!!!!!!!!

TripleT

Reaction score
SADLY The Killing of the Chrysler brand started under Sergio Marchionne! who although first saved the Dodge, and Chrysler, brands etc, with investment, that brought in more sales! But He then started to use those profits, and the massive profits from Dodge Ram, and Jeep, to make more and more Jeeps, and he kept Ram a leader! but then sadly started giving Dodge nothing but engine upgrades, hood scoops, and colors, Chrysler got a 200, but then to save money and kill it, he first dogged the car publicly! that was done on purpose folks! It gave excuse to kill it. To not improve a car he greenlighted and refurbished an entire plant! to build! was stupid. Knocking Chrysler to 2 vehicles!!! he also tried to push the Plymouth Brand level status on! Chrysler result? the bland styling! of the 200! Lets all remember who also killed the 300 update! that was scheduled for around 2018/2019 that 300 was shown at a dealers event in 2017 and dealers who seen it said it was awesome in looks, and content, a true Caddy killer and Lincoln killer etc. but he axed it! why?? can you say Maserati ! and Alfa ! two brands that will never sale big here! billions invested in Both while Chrysler just sat! and had hardly no commercials, no adds, no new anything, then they started dropping Interior seating, and interior color choices, and trim levels, on the 300, but the damn car still outsold all Maserati ! and Alfa ! vehicles by itself! not to mention the Fix It Again Tony brand, that wasted so much cash! he Sergio Marchionne then dies-(RIP.) But then The new installed leader just continues the killing of Chrysler! then later WHAM! if not the for the merger that Created Stellantis The Chrysler Brand would be dead Right now in my opinion! the old FCA would of just rebadged the mini! into Dodge and came up with a marketing tool to sell it along with the wham bam Charger, and Challenger commercials, Chevy does this with Vet, and the Camaro,-(everyday people vehicles to performance!) So now enter Stellantis! well??? They do give the Chrysler brand a damn leader after Years of Tim Kuniskis moonlighting with Chrysler half heartedly? and he was given really nothing in investment for Chrysler! or either didn't stand up for the brand? his heart was really with Dodge! in my opinion, So Chrysler Brand gets Christine Feuell to lead. I give her credit for one thing killing that bland as hell airflow!!! She had to see that all over the internet on car sites, that thing got dogged as cookie cutter Bland!! She also received this news and from clinics they run with customers. So after months of being told the airflow concept was coming to production! Wham it's Killed! and a new head turner suv is coming, She also has said in this interview with Reuters that she is sad the about sedans disappearing and hints at a 300 replacement although BEV, I think They really need to rethink this! just as it seems Dodge has! the Hurricane 6 engine is there!!! for Chrysler! and Chrysler needs to be BOLD!!!!! in all ways! not cookie cutter play it safe! Also get a sedan back ASAP! take what market Ford, and GM, have thrown away!!! after you get this Bev SUV out. do both ASAP! but rethink ICE! AND COMBO! It's also No reason at all for Chrysler not to have a large SUV either! GM does this With All brands! so Does Ford Etc. That all BEV stuff needs to be pushed into the mid 2030's As for me I will keep my Loaded 2017 300C as long as I can! and Hope like Hell Chrysler is listening! that they could be the Kings of the Sedan! and make a boom into SUV's, CUV's, etc. But it takes Balls! and not a Yes person to the Stellantis leaders in Hoofddorp Netherlands who don't seem to get it!!! that this is An American BRAND! I cry Chrysler tears every day! My dad did 45 years at Chrysler, I did 10 after the Army. I own a 2017 300C, a 2005 300C, a 2003 Dodge ram 2500, and a 2004 4 door 2500 both 8ft. long beds , and a 2014 6.4 hemi 3500 Chassis cab, all the trucks are for my Business, I also have a Plum! 1995 Dodge VIPER, My Son has a 200, My late DAD-(RIP) owned a 2016 300C. so you see where my heart has always been! but it's being torn out! let's see if all the Chrysler folks like me and the brands it used to run! have something to touch our hearts SOON! mainly! from the now Chrysler brand. Damn U! Robert Eaton!!!!!!!!!

Nice Rant

The fall of Chrysler (which is historically a low volume Niche player in Luxury catagory) started under Daimler who killed Plymouth and just rolled the Plymouth models including the PT cruiser which was to be a Plymouth and likely would have saved the brand. At this point most of the volume was mass market and a rebadged Eagle.

Nice little reprieve with the Retro-Styled 300.... but like all Pure Retro style Vehicle at had nowhere to go, combined with the Complete collapse of Luxury Sedan market in favor of SUVs ....... but even before we get there, we had DEATH DAY.

The DARK DAYS under Cerebrus where company was to be broken into 4 parts ... of which 3 were going to separate buyers, 3 non-NA buyers and Dodge and Chrysler plants and assets were to be auctioned and shuttered.

SM saved Chrysler and was talked into Spend billion on a must have mid-sized vehicle right as that market collapsed, and the came the Continental BOOM no 300 replacement failed the payoff gate and who can blame them after 200 (and despite what anyone will tell you could have been Honda Accord level vehicle and still would have failed).

Chyrsler need return back to is rightful place as low volume Luxury brand but that catagory barely exists anymore the True replacement is Wagoneer and NO a Chyrsler would not do better.

They need a new Niche and that is the struggle as EV market collapses. Maybe better to bring back Plymouth and sell imported Fiats and People movers

Last edited:

bill burke

Reaction score
Just putting some things together here with all that is going on in Stellantis and some of their supporting manufacturers, mainly ZF. A while back, Stellantis started mentioning this new crossover called the Dodge Stealth, stating it to be possible replacement for the aging, but awesome, Dodge Durango, saying that it was going to be on the STLA Large platform, stating that it will be "Drastically different" than the Durango & more along the lines of "what people are looking for." as reported by an article on another auto news website. The reason I mention all of this is because they're touting the Airflow as a crossover and if that's the case, this Dodge Stealth crossover could be more along the lines of something like this and fill the role of the previous Dodge Journey but with a bit more of a Dodge Magnum/Coronet Wagon kind of attitude. If Dodge was brazen enough to make a Durango Hellcat, what would keep them from continuing that same kind of energy in a crossover on a much more dynamic platform, especially with the potential of the powertrains that will be arriving shortly in the form of the Hurricane I-6 Turbo engines? Stellantis just introduced the world to it's new trucks with 420hp and 540hp powertrains with some impressive EV variants as well and we know those Hurricane powertrains are coming to the STLA large platform so a high performance wagon-like crossover makes sense as a stablemate to the new 2-door Charger. Adding the new hybrid ZF 8-speed to the back of a 550hp Hurricane High Output I-6 engine along with the 44hp starter motor from the 4Xe powertrain results in Black-Ghost rivaling horsepower with fewer emissions and alot of tuning potential left on the table. the performance levels move up from there with a full BEV setup with a dual motor setup capable of 884hp and a tri-motor setup capable of 1,326hp, surpassing both Tesla and Lucid in the EV horsepower wars. I think most people and auto manufacturers have begun to realize that the full EV movement is a bit further off than initially projected and that there are other ways to go about this than to do the knee jerk reaction that they were initially trying to do that was going to lead to a more problematic situation than what we currently have right now. ZF is making remarkable progress with the next gen 8-speed automatic with the hybrid technology and has basically turned the transmission itself into an actual power adder that actually creates cleaner vehicles and still offers impressive performance.
While I do see Dodge, Jeep and Ram utilizing alot of this technology with the STLA Large and Frame platform vehicles, and STLA medium vehicles, I feel like Chrysler may take a different path altogether, if the brand survives. The Chrysler brand has somewhat repositioned itself into being the Buick of the Stellantis lineup, being that Jeep has truly become a genuine luxury line with vehicles like the Grand Cherokee, Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer, as they offer more luxury and features than anything in the Chrysler lineup. To be honest, a Ram Truck is more luxurious than a Chrysler 300 sedan and it's a truck. Chrysler has become a truly dying branch of the Mopar tree and may soon be pruned from existence completely. While minivans have their purpose, they are a dying breed seeing that most people don't have big families anymore and a crossover can handle most family duties for the people who still do have families and the Chrysler 300 is a sedan that is completely out of touch and lacks purpose. Put it this way, if Jeep were to bring out a vehicle similar to the Airflow but had it sit a little bit higher with some taller tires, gave it an air suspension that could raise the chassis up about 4" for doing a little bit of light off roading, threw in a 4Xe powertrain with the optional full 402hp dual motor BEV option and gave it a Grand Cherokee-like interior and called it the Jeep Eagle, referencing the original crossover, the AMC Eagle, Chrysler would effectively be extinct. Even a Citadel version of a Dodge Stealth or offering Citadel, Limited & Tungsten new Durango on the STLA: Frame platform would literally put the Chrysler brand in the grave. Let's take it a step further and even talk about the EV aspect of what Chrysler is talking about with the Airflow. A 402hp dual motor EV isn't much to talk about when they're talking about a 340kW (455hp) and a 440kW 400v system on a vehicle built on the same platform.
Thoughtful post, but let me offer a slightly different perspective while still agreeing with much you have written. To begin, I feel the only road forward for most manufacturers is a mix of powertrains in their portfolio including gas, hybrid and electric. The Stealth could be all you describe and more with this approach and the Jeep Cherokee could be it’s demure spin off. As much as I believe in mixed portfolios, the only future I see for Chrysler is being the North American Stellantis brand going fully electric. Where I most disagree with you is on the viabilty of a full size 300 sedan. If Chrysler is to survive it must fit between Alfa Romeo and Maserati as a near luxury all electric brand that differs significantly from the performance Dodge and Trail Rated Jeep brands.
If Chrysler is on the edge of extinction, why not roll the dice on luxury full range vehicles including an SUV, a mini-van, a sedan and dare I say it....a.coupe ?
Indeed, all electric is doomed industry wide to the forces of market choice, but if Stellantis, those woke sheep, are so fixated with electric, let Chrysler be their Tesla fighter in North America.

gapgap3063

Reaction score
Nice Rant

The fall of Chrysler (which is historically a low volume Niche player in Luxury catagory) started under Daimler who killed Plymouth and just rolled the Plymouth models including the PT cruiser which was to be a Plymouth and likely would have saved the brand. At this point most of the volume was mass market and a rebadged Eagle.

Nice little reprieve with the Retro-Styled 300.... but like all Pure Retro style Vehicle at had nowhere to go, combined with the Complete collapse of Luxury Sedan market in favor of SUVs ....... but even before we get there, we had DEATH DAY.

The DARK DAYS under Cerebrus where company was to be broken into 4 parts ... of which 3 were going to separate buyers, 3 non-NA buyers and Dodge and Chrysler plants and assets were to be auctioned and shuttered.

SM saved Chrysler and was talked into Spend billion on a must have mid-sized vehicle right as that market collapsed, and the came the Continental BOOM no 300 replacement failed the payoff gate and who can blame them after 200 (and despite what anyone will tell you could have been Honda Accord level vehicle and still would have failed).

Chyrsler need return back to is rightful place as low volume Luxury brand but that catagory barely exists anymore the True replacement is Wagoneer and NO a Chyrsler would not do better.

They need a nwew Niche and that is the struggle as EV market collapses. Maybe better to bring back Plymouth and sell imported Fiats and Peopl

bill burke

Reaction score
Your facts and logic are hard to deny, but I’m not ready to give up on Chrysler.
Look again at my proposal, seems like a path forward. There is money committed and the future has been polluted by all the players you mentioned, but I can’t stop thinking there is still life in the old girl and why not give it a shot.
Thank God for my Crossfire, at least I can soldier forward in something with a Chrysler badge untill the big man calls my number.

gapgap3063

Reaction score
Nice Rant

They need a new Niche and that is the struggle as EV market collapses. Maybe better to bring back Plymouth and sell imported Fiats and People movers
I agree on some of your points, but at least with Daimler, Chrysler had vehicles! It was FCA's Sergio who was the one who said Chrysler was to be become aka the new Plymouth, when he gave out his 5 year plan! he said Chrysler is to become a mainstream brand. and it was he who cancelled the new 300 plans in 2017 go check (Allpar.com) for Story, there were even leaked pics of it at the Auburn Hills- HQ- on the Styling Dome wall charts, he Disinvested In the Chrysler Brand after first saving them with upgrades to sad interiors etc. but after cash started flowing his real hearts-FIAT and Alfa/Maserati took the investment! how has that turned out??? I can count on one hand in a week how many of those cars I see. look at the sales charts. they are not bringing the bacon over here! Jeep got it's investment money and Ram, but you better believe a ton of their profits went to FIAT and Alfa/Maserati as they made hardly any profit at all! here in the States! how come a pittance of research dollars went to Chrysler??? Fiat needs to be kept in Europe an South America. Jeep fans despise the Jeep Renegade! nothing but a Fiat! The 200 was a good car gave up on one reason for sales not being what they should of been is bland styling forced upun the styling department, the Bold design was vetoed! just like the grille on the 2011 300 that Ralph Gilles said was toned down by Upper management -(decision AKA-Sergio!) Why did the 2015 big bold grille come back? it was because after customer clinics full of complaints about 2011-2014 grille! these are facts all reported here, and allpar.com etc. And yes the 3 headed dog from hell Cerebrus bought Chrysler to just Liquidate it! It was again Chryslers Bob Eaton that started this! in his sell out! Chrysler had a rainy day fund of15 billion in the banks! Daimler then ate that up! and later spit Chrysler out for nothing but pennies on the dollar! Now back to FCA nothing was coming for the Chrysler brand! the 300 upgrade cancelled in late 2017, they then cancelled all of Chryslers upcoming Vehicles that were on the 5 year plan chart (research that at Allpar.com) if you care to. he Sergio then dies, Chrysler still languishes, under the new leader. The minivans get a new grille, and lights, they call it the Pinnacle trim. the other Pacifica with old styling continues with it. nothing else for Chrysler. enter Stellantist then Chrysler gets a CEO, that had the balls to say no to the Airflow! I disagree with you on the 300, the car did not falter due to sedans going down! it was left to die! no upgrades since 2015! and they kept killing options colors and interior choice! that's Killing a car, not the car! look at the Charger selling 80k plus! why? upgrades/ colors / adds all over TV and the web. Look at what happened when the brought back a little excitement with the 2023 300c 6.4 hemi. sold out in hours, although there's a few at dealers that buyers faltered on. also the 300 almost continues to outsell all of Alfa! and fiat combined! one car! it outsells Maserati period! I agree with your "Chrysler need return back to is rightful place as low volume Luxury brand" but you seem to forget when you say they don't need a Wagoneer size vehicle who was the starting Luxury brand aka-blue collar luxury positioned over Jeep at one point! with the 300C, Pacifica cuv, Crossfire, Town and Country, Aspen, 200 sedan and convertible, count em that's 7! vehicles! how does that go down to 2? Neglect on Sergio's part! he spent billions on Alfa, and fiat/Maserati, again what has been the return in America? Just think where Chrysler brand could be today with investment during this only Alfa etc. love! and Jeep over kill! Period. and back to the 200 again it was killed not because of being a sedan, it was killed for more investment dollars for Alfa/Maserati and the wasteful FIAT brand! He Sergio trashed the car to make and excuse to kill it! hell-lol! he approved it! Ram made it's own cash and so did Jeep, Chrysler could of! but again Sergio left it to Die! look at the time he gave Alfa! hell the Maserati Quattroporte is a rolling 300 underneath! unibody, with a little different V6 pentastar based engine. Maserati does'nt want you to know that! it's just way more luxed up! but both the 300 and Maserati Quattroporte are based on Daimler Benz- Mercedes-Benz E Class(w211) Look no argument with you ! seems we both wish for A strong Chrysler! good day!

Last edited:

vbondjr1

Reaction score
Thoughtful post, but let me offer a slightly different perspective while still agreeing with much you have written. To begin, I feel the only road forward for most manufacturers is a mix of powertrains in their portfolio including gas, hybrid and electric. The Stealth could be all you describe and more with this approach and the Jeep Cherokee could be it’s demure spin off. As much as I believe in mixed portfolios, the only future I see for Chrysler is being the North American Stellantis brand going fully electric. Where I most disagree with you is on the viabilty of a full size 300 sedan. If Chrysler is to survive it must fit between Alfa Romeo and Maserati as a near luxury all electric brand that differs significantly from the performance Dodge and Trail Rated Jeep brands.
If Chrysler is on the edge of extinction, why not roll the dice on luxury full range vehicles including an SUV, a mini-van, a sedan and dare I say it....a.coupe ?
Indeed, all electric is doomed industry wide to the forces of market choice, but if Stellantis, those woke sheep, are so fixated with electric, let Chrysler be their Tesla fighter in North America.
Your facts and logic are hard to deny, but I’m not ready to give up on Chrysler.
Look again at my proposal, seems like a path forward. There is money committed and the future has been polluted by all the players you mentioned, but I can’t stop thinking there is still life in the old girl and why not give it a shot.
Thank God for my Crossfire, at least I can soldier forward in something with a Chrysler badge untill the big man calls my number.
I definitely agree with the though of Chrysler taking on Tesla as the EV arm of Stellantis and may have mentioned it a time or two before on this site and the other sites I comment on. As I've mentioned before, with the four brands, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge & Ram, Stellantis needs to have more definition and purpose between all four brands. At one point in time, the Chrysler 300M was one of my favorite cars. I agree that a sleek full electric version of the 300M Special would be an amazing Tesla Plaid/Lucid Air Sapphire competitor. The problem is, as I've mentioned, Chrysler's biggest issue currently is that the other brands in Stellantis' North American portfolio are way more luxurious than anything in the Chrysler lineup and it's three offerings are in dying segments. Even if Chrysler redid the 300M and made it a Tesla competitor, the BEV market is so fragile right now that a hard shift back to ICE and Hybrids could spell disaster for a new full electric entry into the market. Another big issue for Chrysler is at what price point do you sell a Chrysler at? Ideally, mostly everything from Dodge needs to be about $10,000 to nearly $20,000 less expensive than what it is right now. Dodge needs to shift back into being an everyday affordable brand including its low-to-mid range muscle cars, while bringing out an expanded portfolio on the STLA Medium platform of affordable cars, crossovers and a compact pickup truck that also offer muscle in the affordable segment while also offering its STLA Large muscle cars, SUVs and pickup truck in a more affordable price range. Jeep would also need to step out of the Luxury market with the Grand Cherokee, Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer and rethink it's lineup to give the Chrysler Brand the space to do what it needs to do to survive. Jeep honestly hurts both Chrysler and Dodge by being stretched into so many different markets and honestly, not really having a defined role in it's family. Let's look at it like this.

As it currently sits, the Grand Wagoneer/Wagoneer should be named the Chrysler Imperial as that vehicle is what a Chrysler should be. If you want to make it electric do what they did with the Ramcharger and have the 3.6L as a range extender and have it be a 600+hp EV along with having Hurricane and Hurricane Hybrid offerings with the hybrid ZF 8-speed system. Sitting under that, the Jeep Grand Cherokee should be renamed the Chrysler New Yorker. Keep the 375hp 2.0L Hybrid 4Xe powertrain. Right there we have two vehicles in the lineup and both vehicles offer an electrified or fully electric powertrain option on certain trim levels that actually makes sense. Moving down to the STLA Large platform, a Chrysler Airflow could actually utilize the 340kW, 440kW and the Banshee powertrains along with a 2.0L Hybrid powertrain, which offers another addition to the Chrysler lineup with full electric and hybrid technology and all of the Fratzonic exhaust systems and everything else the Charger Banshee was supposed to have. If Chrysler is to keep the Minivan, offer the 402hp dual motor setup and a 4-cylinder range extender and the 375hp 2.0L Hybrid option. I don't see Chrysler offering a sports coupe as it moves out of the direction of what Chrysler really is and starts to butt up against Dodge.

As for Jeep, the Wrangler/Wrangler Unlimited/Gladiator are really the only vehicles in the Jeep lineup that are really Jeep vehicles and are what the Jeep brand should be all about. One platform, three vehicles, one powertrain, the 375hp 2.0L 4Xe. Make the Wrangler unlimited the same size as the Gladiator so that it actually has cargo space while being able to seat 5-adults, and that should be Jeep.

Ram is pretty much fine right now except they need a street performance muscle pickup as well. Looking forward to the RHO (Rebel High Output) and hopefully an 809hp 3.0L Hurricane HO Hybrid TRX variant soon as well as a 550hp Ram 1500 Daytona and an 809hp Ram SRT Copperhead street performance pickup truck!

Last but not least is DODGE. I've already gone through all of the numbers and things of how Dodge can continue offering massive levels of horsepower and torque with the new Charger, Durango, and whatever else is going to be on the STLA Large platform with Hurricane engines and Hurricane Hybrid powertrains utilizing the new ZF hybrid 8-speed transmission all the way up to an 809hp variant using the 550hp 3.0L High Output engine and hybrid transmission. We all know that there is going to be a 1,000+ hp variant of the 3.0L Hurricane in a Race only variant, which means that Dodge could even detune that to 850hp and throw a hybrid ZF 8-speed behind that and still be over 1,000hp and be emissions compliant and offer electrified emission-less driving in the same vehicles. However, the Dodge brand also needs to look at the fact that there is an entire population out there that could benefit from more affordable offerings on the STLA: Medium platform with compact to midsize crossovers and 3 & 5 Door liftback style vehicles. Two amazing performance liftback vehicles that were icons of their day were the Fox Body Mustangs and third gen F-Body Camaros and firebirds and the F-Body cars offered a 320hp 5.7L V8 and a 6-speed manual transmission, which was a pretty hot car for its time. Let's just say for instance, made a car with two doors, a liftback design, gave it about 375hp and about 405lb-ft of torque with a transverse mounted turbo-4 and 9-speed ZF transaxle up front with an electric rear motor/axle setup, gave it the ZF AKC (rear steering), a few performance goodies and a body shape that was more like a 1971 Dodge Dart Demon and called it the Dodge Dart SRT Demon, which pays a bit more homage to the Demon 340 of the '70's with a throwback to the SRT4 cars by giving it that raw feeling that the SRT4 had (minus of course a manual transmission). Offer a bunch of Direct connection upgrades and you have a economy muscle car for the masses just like the Demon 340 was back in the day. This car would also be more directly competitive with the Ford Mustang GT as well. Now before people start looking at the numbers difference lets remember something, Kia's EV6 GT beats the Challenger Black Ghost with alot less HP. Kia's stinger GT with 365hp in a twin turbo V6 can also outpace the previous gen mustang GT 5.0, which makes more horsepower with a 5.0L V8 so Don't count it out. Let's also say that same vehicle came with the Hornet's two powertrains below that as the GT and R/T versions, which really gives Dodge a proper American hot hatch that would truly be unlike any other hot hatch out there. Have that, the Hornet and the Rampage on the STLA Medium platform with the Charger, the Durango and the Dakota on the STLA Large platform with the 375hp 2.0L 4Xe hybrid as the base engine and go up to the Hurricane and Hurricane Hybrid variants and Stellantis, North America would be great! That is 6 Dodge models, three jeep models, Three or Ram models (1500, 2500, 3500) and four Chrysler models. Not only does that give every single brand its own space, it also goes along with the plan to offer some sort of electrification in over 50% of Stellantis' entire portfolio, reduces emissions, still offers segment leading horsepower, torque and performance numbers, still offers modern-nostalgia in a respectful and tasteful way, still allows for enthusiasts to have cars they can tinker with and modify with Direct Connection factory backed parts (and of course aftermarket unless Direct Connection really steps their game up), and takes "EUROTHINK" and gives it a distinctly defiant American twist! While it's a stretch, it would be also really awesome to see a new Viper sports car with the 800+ HP Nettuno 3.0L Twin Turbo V6 Hybrid powertrain with an AWD setup and more affordable pricing to go toe-to-toe with the Corvette. Stellantis, North America could be a serious force in the Auto industry even without a single V8, which is why I say the brand has unlimited potential with what they have at their disposal.

Users who are viewing this thread