Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fiat 500X Will Exit In 2024, Jeep® Renegade In 2025!

In a recent meeting with Italian union representatives, Stellantis provided a clear roadmap for its Melfi Assembly Plant, marking the end of an era for two beloved models – the Jeep® Renegade (BU) and Fiat 500X (FD). Both vehicles have had illustrious careers, but it’s time for them to bid adieu. The first to take … (read full article...)

Melfi-3-scaled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

patfromigh

Reaction score
We never got the better and more practical trims of the 500X here that Europe received. Why the company which owns Jeep tried to pass off this Fiat model as a mini-Jeep defies logic. I would like to see the Fiat brand give it one more try in North America, but the marketing strategy has to change radically.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
We never got the better and more practical trims of the 500X here that Europe received. Why the company which owns Jeep tried to pass off this Fiat model as a mini-Jeep defies logic. I would like to see the Fiat brand give it one more try in North America, but the marketing strategy has to change radically.

The Renegade is actually a great vehicle, tons of room for its size, not bad economy. I prefer it over the Compass hands down.

patfromigh

Reaction score
The Renegade is actually a great vehicle, tons of room for its size, not bad economy. I prefer it over the Compass hands down.
I like the Renegade. I object to the 500X trying to imitate a Jeep.The Fiat should have been styled and trimmed towards sportier on road performance, like what was done for the EU market.. I waited for the hybrid Renegade and Compass models and they didn't show up.

TripleT

Reaction score
Sure they are just trying to determine the PSA Platform mates and manufacturing locations.

Users who are viewing this thread