Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NHTSA Launches Investigation Into 1.1 Million Fourth-Gen Ram Pickups!

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has launched a comprehensive investigation into potential power steering problems affecting specific fourth-generation Ram 1500 (DS) trucks. This federal probe is looking into model years ranging from 2013 to 2016, covering around 1.1 million Ram half-ton pickups. The investigation aims to uncover the root cause of reported power … (read full article...)

2016 Ram 1500-2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

danielkiefer

Reaction score
I have a 2017 ram q500 lost my steer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has launched a comprehensive investigation into potential power steering problems affecting specific fourth-generation Ram 1500 (DS) trucks. This federal probe is looking into model years ranging from 2013 to 2016, covering around 1.1 million Ram half-ton pickups. The investigation aims to uncover the root cause of reported power … (read full article...)

I have a 2017 ram 1500 I lost my steering out of no where on expressway doing 70 it locked up and service power steering message popped up and I had absolutely no steering even moving it was difficult to pull over to side of road. I've also had it where when I'm turning if I make a sharp turn the steering wheel jerks itself in opposite direction so 2017 needs to be listed I thought I was the only one who was experiencing these issues

Teeman88

Reaction score
They should also look into the oiling issues that cause lifter failure. I see so many complaints about this.

POYPR

Reaction score

View attachment 8497

POYPR

Reaction score
2016 SLT problem with ABS MODULE my went off replacement part has taken almost a month. Truck is at shop. Don't know if a common/new issue

d.dannible

Reaction score
Make that 381 complaints. Just submitted mine. 2014 ram 1500 express. 59k miles. replaced rack and pinion for $1881. Had to get a reman one as the part is not avail from Dodge, and if it was, due to scarcity - the part alone would be $2500.

John M.

Reaction score
One of the biggest complaints about RAM 1500 5.7l Hemi is about cracked exhaust manifolds and/or broken exhaust bolts. This can become dangerous with exhaust fumes going back into the cab along with damaging the valves. This has been a continuing issue since the early 2000's but continues to be ignored by Chrysler. There are hundreds and hundreds of complaints dating back at least 15-16 years with nothing being addressed by Chrysler. What's it going to take for this to be addressed, someone dying by asphyxiation while driving, possibly killing someone else in the process?

gopsr

Reaction score
I have a 17 ram 1500 and the antilock brakes and traction control stopped working. I didn't realize until trying to take off from a light in the rain. Dealer says parts are a year out. No one will help or listen to me about it.

Users who are viewing this thread