Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis Will Have A Couple Of Important Debuts At The Detroit Auto Show!

The long-awaited Detroit Auto Show, formerly known as the North American International Auto Show, is back! From September 13 to September 24, the event will take place at Huntington Place in Detroit, and car enthusiasts couldn’t be more thrilled. The show’s Chairman, Thad Szott, recently announced that the Detroit Big-3 automakers—Ford, General Motors (GM), and … (read full article...)

0T7A4945.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mopar392

Reaction score
When is the production Charger Daytona supposed to be unveiled?
When is the next Challenger concept supposed to be unveiled?

It’s either Detroit Auto show or Woodward?

James.A

Reaction score
Any idea if the gas powered Charger will be debuted also?

bill burke

Reaction score
Think everyone is anxious to see the new product, I sure am. Most anxious on the next generation Jeep Cherokee, Charger, Challenger and hopefully. Chrysler 300.
They have kept much close to their chest. Does not ease my anxiety.

patfromigh

Reaction score
I just remembered, we should be seeing the battery electric Ram ProMaster about now. I am really curious if it will have a North American specific power train. We haven't had any under hood details given.

JustTheFactsMaam

Reaction score
I hope they start showing and detailing their next-generation vehicles, primarily ICE-powered. BEV sales have stalled for almost every automaker. Tesla has had to reduce prices to improve sales volume, and Ford, GM, Mazda, and even Toyota are scaling back EV plans over the next couple of years. If Stellantis doesn't dramatically improve its ICE-powered lineup, they are in trouble.

vbondjr1

Reaction score
I think (and I could be wrong) that Stellantis was smart for doing things the way they did with the STLA platform vehicles. The platforms are modular meaning they can support ICE, hybrid and full BEV powertrains, which makes sense seeing the currant climate of the auto industry right now. Instead of fully doing the knee-jerk reaction that alot of other brands were doing, they took time to assess the situation and respond accordingly. It cost them a bit but in the end, it may have been beneficial. The companies "Future Proof" strategy means that no matter what happens, the brand will survive because it's cars can handle any powertrain thrown at them. I feel as though electrification will be the key to survival for the performance brand but we're not ready for full electrification just yet. Hybrid Hurricane and Nettuno powertrains, E-Torque and things like that as mainstream powertrain make alot more sense than Hemi engines due to the fact that even the 2.0L Hybrid makes 375hp/470tq which puts the 5.7L Hemi to shame. While I wouldn't use that in a Ram 1500, I'd sure use it in a STLA:Large platform Dakota pickup truck and nearly everything else on the STLA: Large platform as a base powertrain. I do strongly believe (and again, I could be wrong) that we're going to see nearly everything shift to some kind of Hybrid powertrain within the next few years with certain trim levels of vehicles being full electric. I can see the Chrysler brand offering the bulk of their fleet with fully electric vehicles in models like their minivans. Minivans are vehicles that useful because of their people-carrying abilities as well as their cargo space. With no engine up front, that's extra storage space so in that marketing space, it would make sense. BEVs right now are still in a niche market. Are they necessary? Yes, because they give an auto manufacturer's fleet a drastically reduced carbon footprint, which is good for their overall EPA ratings. What we've seen so far are just the concepts and Ideas of the direction the brand is going and they're showing us the big picture in distorted pieces. I also think that the Hurricane 3.0L is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what Mopar is going to be offering with the inline-6 powertrains. The brand is big on nostalgia, especially under the Dodge umbrella. A rebirth of the Hemi-6 engines from Australia could find their way under a few trucks a muscle cars as well, as they went from the Hemi 215 (3.5L) to the Hemi 245 (4.0L) and Hemi-265 (4.5L). If Stellantis can make over 500hp with a 3.0L Inline-6, what could it do with another 1.5L of displacement? A 4.5L Hemi-265 Inline-6 in a Ram 1500 with a hybrid setup and E-Torque would definitely produce a very unstressed powertrain. The Jeep Brand is synonymous with a 4-Liter inline-6 powertrain. Add a hybrid system and the Iconic Hemi name and you have a nostalgic and powerful replacement for the Wrangler-392. Even with just a single turbo, they'd be pushing a decent amount of torque seeing that the Truck and Jeep applications don't necessarily need 900hp and they'd be efficient. But, before I get into another long rant about how Stellantis could score big by doing hybrids and connecting past to present and future by revisiting things they've already done and improving on the tech they have and all of that other stuff, I'll simply surmise alot of what I've said before

1.) Full EVs should be offered as low-volume/premium option trim levels on certain vehicles, this way it won't kill a whole line if/when it fails to sell.
2.) Hybrid-turbo powertrains should replace all or nearly all ICE powertrains the brand has from this point forward (Hurricane, Nettuno & Hemi-6)
3.) Rebirth of SRT4 vehicles along with GLH. Direct Connection Performance packages/options with factory approved aftermarket parts catalog should be available for Mopar vehicle (Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Ram). Jailbreak packages should be offered across the board
4.) Chrysler should be the focus point of BEVs ( including performance vehicles) as their premium segment would actually allow them to directly compete in that arena. Meaning there needs to be a STLA: Frame Chrysler to battle the Escalade, whereas the Grand Cherokee gets to focus on the Denali SUVs and a Dodge Ramcharger would be around to focus on the Tahoe/Suburban & Expedition. Chrysler could also use their platform to go after segment leaders in the EV world such as Tesla, Polestar, Lucid, Mercedes, Porsche and others.
5.) Any autonomy should be used for low speed maneuvers such as parking, and safety measures only! There should be no autonomous driving features that allow the vehicle to have total control over 5mph and no further than a maximum of 1000ft (trailer maneuvering and boat ramp mode)
6.) STLA:Large platform is one of the biggest keys to Stellantis, North America's future and will allow for major expansion of vehicle lineups across the entire Mopar umbrella. Coupes, sedans, crossover coupes, regular crossovers, SUVs and prayerfully the Return of the Dodge Durango pickup truck. I say one of because of the fact that the STLA: Medium may also be a big factor to the brand as well, especially with Jeep Compass, the Dodge Hornet and perhaps a Ram Rampage for the North American market. If the new Pro-Master is slated to ride on the STLA; Large platform, then we are going to see this platform truly carrying the weight of the brand on it's shoulders.
7.) STLA:Frame platform could see the rebirth of the Hemi-6 Inline Single turbo powertrains designed for torque, efficiency and longevity. The 1500-series pickup would really become an "HD-lite" and the Dakota would probably take over alot of pickup sales if the Brand does it right.
All in all. alot could happen. but we just have to wait and see.

Users who are viewing this thread