Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chrysler Firepower Concept - The HEMI® V8-Powered GT Car

Chrysler Firepower Concept – The HEMI® V8-Powered GT Car​

Viper-Based, 6.1-liter HEMI®, And Blue-Collar Luxurious...​

The Chrysler Group made a bold statement at the 2005 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) by introducing the captivating Chrysler Firepower Concept. This innovative concept vehicle combined passion and luxury, demonstrating the brand’s potential in the upscale GT coupe segment. Building upon the success of the 2004 Chrysler ME Four-Twelve supercarconcept, the Firepower Concept showcased the integration of Chrysler’s performance-oriented models, like the Crossfire, with cutting-edge engineering and design.

828598CV2005_019.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

bill burke

Reaction score
Did you have to do it again. First it was the ‘56 Chrysler 300 heart throb, now its the seductive Firepower. At the time I had little doubt this Sports Car was coming and I was ready with cold hard cash to buy one as soon as it launched. To this day the Firepower could have defined the luxury sport mantra for Chrysler. That cold hard cash is still in my mattress so Chrysler please turn the new Alfa Romeo Sports Car in the wings into a Chrysler powered Firepower or Dodge Viper. I’m shopping for a new mattress and the time could never be better to get this one on the road. So obvious it hurts. Did you have to get my juices flowing again?

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you have to do it again. First it was the ‘56 Chrysler 300 heart throb, now its the seductive Firepower. At the time I had little doubt this Sports Car was coming and I was ready with cold hard cash to buy one as soon as it launched. To this day the Firepower could have defined the luxury sport mantra for Chrysler. That cold hard cash is still in my mattress so Chrysler please turn the new Alfa Romeo Sports Car in the wings into a Chrysler powered Firepower or Dodge Viper. I’m shopping for a new mattress and the time could never be better to get this one on the road. So obvious it hurts. Did you have to get my juices flowing again?

Yeah, what's wrong with stirring the pot? lol

Mopar392

Reaction score
The hope for Chrysler Firepower might have been lost, with Chrysler positioned to become an EV brand.
Could we see it as an EV ? Might be but still would not hold my breath

JohnRogers

Reaction score

Yeah, what's wrong with stirring the pot? lol
They really left two probable hits and positive image builders on the cutting room floor, Firepower and the 300 HEMI C convertible. Real game changers, I want to go cry.

bill burke

Reaction score
They really left two probable hits and positive image builders on the cutting room floor, Firepower and the 300 HEMI C convertible. Real game changers, I want to go cry.
Totally agree on both. What a difference when you look at Chrysler then and what is left of Chrysler now. When I read of the new 6C Alfa Romeo I’m glad for them, but it makes my blood boil at what has become of Chrysler. Take these two Chrysler’s out of moth balls and maybe you have two building blocks for a renewed Chrysler. Or we stick with a minivan. Even the Airflow concept disappointed and was fortunately scrapped. That cookie cutter appliance certainly was not inspirational or the car to set the standard for Chrysler. Agree, the brand has been strapped with an “all electric” mantra and the electrification thinking is fading faster than a snowball in Hell. Chrysler is in trouble and I have little confidence in the current management team saving the day. That 300Hemi C might be a place to start, perhaps as the 300 Hurricane C with all wheel drive and two electric motors just to keep things current. Perhaps Chrysler can pull a Dodge Hornet and get a spin-off Alfa Romeo 6C and call it Firepower. Or we stick with the minivan. Get us some tissues, we may need it.

Gti-guy

Reaction score
I also remember seeing this and thinking finally Chrysler isn’t limited by “other premium brands”. I truly hope that Christine Feuell sees this and doesn’t give us another cookie cutter Plymouth guised as a Chrysler. It’s also disappointing that after the whole “merger of equals” failure & it’s subsequent formation into Stellantis with the idea of shared platforms ,decrease development time & cost haven’t been truly realized. Especially given the American side is the profitable side. The M156-7 should’ve been Chryslers & Alfas. Then moved to the Georgio platforms. Outside of the a few Jeeps & the glitchy hornet we haven’t seen much. And the quality of the grecale is a great 1st step but it too is almost 5 years too late. Money seems to be wasted on privatizing specialty products than mass appeal products that can effect the bottom line. The MC20 , the nettuno engine alfas sports car… the Mc20 is a great car but why wasn’t it developed with dodge and Chrysler ? why wasn’t Alfa given the nettuno in a ev future? Why does Alfa openly complain about platform sharing when it can hit any sales target? Or have a interior / infotainment not bested by a Kia.. VW group , bmw / Toyota ect. has shown platforms sharing & badge engineering ( DONE RIGHT) can work.

bill burke

Reaction score
I also remember seeing this and thinking finally Chrysler isn’t limited by “other premium brands”. I truly hope that Christine Feuell sees this and doesn’t give us another cookie cutter Plymouth guised as a Chrysler. It’s also disappointing that after the whole “merger of equals” failure & it’s subsequent formation into Stellantis with the idea of shared platforms ,decrease development time & cost haven’t been truly realized. Especially given the American side is the profitable side. The M156-7 should’ve been Chryslers & Alfas. Then moved to the Georgio platforms. Outside of the a few Jeeps & the glitchy hornet we haven’t seen much. And the quality of the grecale is a great 1st step but it too is almost 5 years too late. Money seems to be wasted on privatizing specialty products than mass appeal products that can effect the bottom line. The MC20 , the nettuno engine alfas sports car… the Mc20 is a great car but why wasn’t it developed with dodge and Chrysler ? why wasn’t Alfa given the nettuno in a ev future? Why does Alfa openly complain about platform sharing when it can hit any sales target? Or have a interior / infotainment not bested by a Kia.. VW group , bmw / Toyota ect. has shown platforms sharing & badge engineering ( DONE RIGHT) can work.
I place some blame on the electrification hysteria. Look at the investments in battery partnerships alone and the Chrysler brand funk and you know. Sure I wish Feuell well, but is she a Chrysler junkie, a product of the Chrysler legacy or a polished corporate person? Some call it “soul” some call it a “vibe”, but to get this brand back it will take some old folks who grew up bleeding Chrysler and can feel the brand on her team, no joke. If that ‘56 300 doesn’t get her juices flowing, she is the wrong person. Given a fair salary, I’d take the job in the team mix and look out world! First move, day one, dump the all electric product plan and group think vision and get the Chrysler show going. I got soul and I feel the vibe.

Users who are viewing this thread