Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis Post It’s Sales Numbers For The U.S. In Q2 2023!

Stellantis (FCA US, LLC) has announced impressive sales figures for the second quarter of 2023. With a focus on brand portfolios and market conditions, the company experienced a 6% increase in total U.S. sales compared to last year. “We saw increased demand this quarter as market conditions continue to improve and our dealer network makes … (read full article...)

2023-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-4xe-30th-Anniversary-Edition.-Jeep-9-scaled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

bill burke

Reaction score
With much new product and frankly the risky venture into more electric products committed by corporate, the future does project cautious optimism. A lot of good but aging product still generates stable sales, but the injection of new and expanded vehicles and models is desperately needed. Hornet, Rampage Tonale, Wagoneer S, Recon and Challenger / Charger replacements all are creating major interest and excitement for all brands. Little doubt, if the risk with electric pans out and the new replacements resonate with fans, the future is bright indeed.

Mike201

Reaction score
Well enjoy it while you can. After the announcement that was made here on June 17, that 14 states plus DC will stop receiving ICE powered cars. I believe that’s going to tank sales for the next two quarters or more. There is no way sales will continue without product being on the lots in these 14 states. I think a lot of people will go to other dealerships where they could sit in the car, drive it and make a decision to buy it on the spot, then to order some thing and wait 4 to 6 to 8 weeks for it. I really believe Stellantis is behind the eight ball waiting so long to get these new EV cars out in show rooms and on the roads. As much as many people don’t want them, there are a lot of people out there that do (I’m not one of those but people). Just look at Tesla sales. And if you look at the date being thrown out there for the new EV cars, there seems to be somewhat of a gap between when production is going to end on the 2024s and the new 2025s are coming out. I’m just not seeing a nice smooth transition with plenty of vehicles out there. I think Mother Mopar is going to take a big hit. We are waiting to long for the new product change over. I hope I am very wrong and Bill is so very right!!

bill burke

Reaction score
Well enjoy it while you can. After the announcement that was made here on June 17, that 14 states plus DC will stop receiving ICE powered cars. I believe that’s going to tank sales for the next two quarters or more. There is no way sales will continue without product being on the lots in these 14 states. I think a lot of people will go to other dealerships where they could sit in the car, drive it and make a decision to buy it on the spot, then to order some thing and wait 4 to 6 to 8 weeks for it. I really believe Stellantis is behind the eight ball waiting so long to get these new EV cars out in show rooms and on the roads. As much as many people don’t want them, there are a lot of people out there that do (I’m not one of those but people). Just look at Tesla sales. And if you look at the date being thrown out there for the new EV cars, there seems to be somewhat of a gap between when production is going to end on the 2024s and the new 2025s are coming out. I’m just not seeing a nice smooth transition with plenty of vehicles out there. I think Mother Mopar is going to take a big hit. We are waiting to long for the new product change over. I hope I am very wrong and Bill is so very right!!
Certainly think you have a valid point made on this topic. Note that production at strike vulnerable assembly plants is also a way to build inventory until the new stuff arrives. I live in NY and if I can’t get what I want here, I’ll go to a favorable state and dealer. I doubt this policy will hold since frankly it seems more like a chess move than a business decision that has merit.

patfromigh

Reaction score
After the announcement that was made here on June 17, that 14 states plus DC will stop receiving ICE powered cars.
That is not what the original article says. That article says that "ICE only" vehicles will be left out from those 14 states. The various Stellantis hybrids still have ICE power and they are not considered ICE only. The ZF manufacturing plant in Gray Court, SC and a Stellantis facility in Kokomo will soon be producing the next generation of 8-speed automatics. This new generation transmission is designed for hybridization from the onset.

The big problem for Stellantis is that their products are overpriced. Toyota undercuts Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram hybrids in different segments and sometimes by a lot. Will Ram's upcoming Maverick competitor offer a base hybrid powertrain at an affordable base price? Chrysler uses the excellent e-Flte hybrid transaxle in the Pacifica plugin hybrid, and the small Ram needs that technology. It just seems Stellantis is letting it go to waste.

TripleT

Reaction score
You do realize that this the regulatory reality. That the CARB states are forcing this down the OEM and the Consumers(that they voted for) throats. The taxes on pure ICE begin in the next model year.

Last edited:

Mike201

Reaction score
That is not what the original article says. That article says that "ICE only" vehicles will be left out from those 14 states. The various Stellantis hybrids still have ICE power and they are not considered ICE only. The ZF manufacturing plant in Gray Court, SC and a Stellantis facility in Kokomo will soon be producing the next generation of 8-speed automatics. This new generation transmission is designed for hybridization from the onset.

The big problem for Stellantis is that their products are overpriced. Toyota undercuts Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram hybrids in different segments and sometimes by a lot. Will Ram's upcoming Maverick competitor offer a base hybrid powertrain at an affordable base price? Chrysler uses the excellent e-Flte hybrid transaxle in the Pacifica plugin hybrid, and the small Ram needs that technology. It just seems Stellantis is letting it go to waste.
Well I did say ICE cars would not be shipped to these states. I see this as 3 vehicles offered, ICE, hybrids, and EV. I figured readers of this sight did read the original article and understood my point as ICE only cars. Sorry for the confusion.
I am not an EV fan at all and love my ICE Chargers and Jeeps. Until I rented a Pacifica Hybrid last month, I was not a fan, until I drove it from CT to PA and used it for 4 days then back to CT. Pretty impressive!!! Now hybrid I would buy once my ICE cars are gone. Although not sure how long they will be around when the EV lineup hits.

TripleT

Reaction score
The infrastructure realities will eventually hit the CARB states and PHEV will be the solution. Now the same people making the EV mandates are perfectly fine with you owning a car that you can't charge, that will force you to public transport, that is just so wonderful in quickly becoming Dystopic nightmares of the Urban centers. In a bit of irony the people living rural typically have auxiliary 220 where the massive urban populations that pile their legislative mandates heavily on rural populations live in high rises and compressed housing and parking will not.

Visiting China recently every parking lot, every basement parking structure has a increasing amount of charging infrastructure even street parking. If the high population states want to mimic the totalitarian mandates of other countries they cannot do it without the equal investment in infrastructure. Reality is with urban flight and tax base flight increasing shortfalls in revenue will make this nearly impossible.

The shoe will drop when people will instead hold on longer to their OLDer less "clean" automobiles out of need, and then they will try to tax and regulate those repairs.

moparmann76

Reaction score
Stellantis (FCA US, LLC) has announced impressive sales figures for the second quarter of 2023. With a focus on brand portfolios and market conditions, the company experienced a 6% increase in total U.S. sales compared to last year. “We saw increased demand this quarter as market conditions continue to improve and our dealer network makes … (read full article...)

2023-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-4xe-30th-Anniversary-Edition.-Jeep-9-scaled.jpg
So much for the 14000 pre-ordered Hornets Tim lied about......lol

TripleT

Reaction score
Lot of new flame throwers... they have barely got the Hornets off the boats and people are already calling Tim liar. Did that other site have purge or to did some of the users get board singing the same song together for decades?

Users who are viewing this thread