Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Rampage Compact Pickup Appears To Be Coming To North America!

1686699167275.png

Amidst the surging gas prices, rising interest rates, and increasing inflation, automakers are striving to meet the demands of truck owners through innovative solutions. Ford Motor Company made waves with the introduction of the compact and versatile Ford Maverick, receiving significant attention and acclaim. Now, Ram, renowned for its powerful full-size pickups, is set to … (read full article...)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob O.

Reaction score
well, this is not what i was really hoping for ( waiting 12 YEARS for a new dakota) but i will be seriuosly looking at it IF the Rampage lives in the US!

bill burke

Reaction score
The final decision on the Rampage was decided in quick order on the desperate need for Ram to get into the compact pickup market. That was joined by the decision to assist Brazil in developing the Rampage and that decision was made a while ago. Think Ram put up a smoke screen on their intentions. I am sure Ram folks will test the heck out of this truck, but by being involved in its development, I’m sure it’s pretty North American capable and compliance ready. The Mexican manufacturing decision was also cooked in months ago and its possible something else might be built off this platform.
The Rampage May have some minor concessions for loyal Ram buyers to face, but overall it seems the best decision for Ram right now and a smart business decision too. Nice looking pickup by the way.

Mopar392

Reaction score
TBH, it makes more sense for Ram to enter the compact segment rather than the mid-size.
Tacoma and GM twins are already established names, and even if they brought back Dakota’s nameplate, the years of discontinuation will have them trying to re-establish the fan base and only the old folks will be familiar.
Whereas, the compact segment is a few years old and is targeted for the younger generation. I think they will have more chances against Maverick and Santa Cruz.

TripleT

Reaction score
TBH, it makes more sense for Ram to enter the compact segment rather than the mid-size.
Tacoma and GM twins are already established names, and even if they brought back Dakota’s nameplate, the years of discontinuation will have them trying to re-establish the fan base and only the old folks will be familiar.
Whereas, the compact segment is a few years old and is targeted for the younger generation. I think they will have more chances against Maverick and Santa Cruz.
SLOW CLAP

CDJR has a high Margin entry already in the mid-market on the lot. For a Dakota to be viable it would somehow have to be better than brand new Tacoma, GMC, Chevy, and refreshed Ranger, not cannibalize Gladiator and 1500 sales, while payback the implementation and development cost.

Honestly the only way I think it works is if instead of taking on the BOF market it takes on the Honda Lifestyle market instead on the STLA large, build point with the WL75, can be EV, ICE, or PHEV. Has the powertrain running the correct direction versus the Honda.

If they can find a Manufacturing site (Mexico?) and can beat the Toyota and Subaru to market it has a good chance given the current capacity of the Maverick and Korean.

Last edited:

MPE426HEMI

Reaction score
It couldn’t be any worse than the offerings from Ford, Honda or that god-awful looking thing Hyundai got on the road. I don’t know what Ram is waiting for? To be the last to the party, as per usual I guess. As for Dakota, it should have been resurrected years ago instead of wasting money on anything Fiat!

TripleT

Reaction score
It couldn’t be any worse than the offerings from Ford, Honda or that god-awful looking thing Hyundai got on the road. I don’t know what Ram is waiting for? To be the last to the party, as per usual I guess. As for Dakota, it should have been resurrected years ago instead of wasting money on anything Fiat!
Fiat has always had a midsized even if it was outsourced so did PSA.

Users who are viewing this thread