Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge Charger Daytona SRT Banshee Continues To Push Forward

Dodge Charger Daytona SRT Banshee Continues To Push Forward​

Continues To Be Refined As The Production Model Grows Closer To Making Debut...​

1685596609933.png

Last week, the Dodge Charger Daytona SRT Banshee Concept made an appearance at the Stellantis Design Cars + Coffee event, marking its first public return to the area since its debut at the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit.

James.A

Reaction score
Very excited for this one. Been saving my pennies. Hope the four-door gas powered keeps these looks and doesn't adopt a Hornet front end (not like it'll stop me from getting one lol). Also wonder if they'll hide the rear door handles to help maintain the coupe looks... Still daily drive my 2013 and not sure I'll trade it in because I love it so much and still runs great.

Last edited:

bill burke

Reaction score
I am firmly in the all electric skeptic camp, but I am not against the development of electric vehicles as part of a mix of offerings from a brand. The walls of environmental extremism seem to be crumbling quickly as pragmatic reality sets in and people everywhere are voicing opposition to an imposed regulatory future where choice is extinguished. I just read where Chrysler big wigs are rethinking their “all electric” mantra and realizing they have ventured down a road too far, a path to oblivion. Hope they realize the viability of a near luxury brand and the 300 sedan that projects the Chrysler heritage going forward.Thank goodness the Airflow is dead. Certainly not the face or market niche of a classic Chrysler renaissance. Fans want a Chrysler and performance buffs want a Dodge.
Now this Dodge Charger Daytona is really attractive, but without a gas engine option, it’s dead on arrival. Three related vehicles for Stellantis are months from unveiling, Charger, Challenger and 300, yes please, 300 and unless they all launch as gas powered cars, all the styling efforts will have been for naught. Hope it’s not rumor and Chrysler and likely Dodge has seen the light and reality.

James.A

Reaction score
I am firmly in the all electric skeptic camp, but I am not against the development of electric vehicles as part of a mix of offerings from a brand. The walls of environmental extremism seem to be crumbling quickly as pragmatic reality sets in and people everywhere are voicing opposition to an imposed regulatory future where choice is extinguished. I just read where Chrysler big wigs are rethinking their “all electric” mantra and realizing they have ventured down a road too far, a path to oblivion. Hope they realize the viability of a near luxury brand and the 300 sedan that projects the Chrysler heritage going forward.Thank goodness the Airflow is dead. Certainly not the face or market niche of a classic Chrysler renaissance. Fans want a Chrysler and performance buffs want a Dodge.
Now this Dodge Charger Daytona is really attractive, but without a gas engine option, it’s dead on arrival. Three related vehicles for Stellantis are months from unveiling, Charger, Challenger and 300, yes please, 300 and unless they all launch as gas powered cars, all the styling efforts will have been for naught. Hope it’s not rumor and Chrysler and likely Dodge has seen the light and reality.
Launching all electric is probably my biggest concern at this point. I trust that Bob is on the money that the I6 will be available but the question is, when? I'll be royally ticked off if the I6 doesn't show until 2025 or something. The motors are available now so I don't see why there would be a delay. Staying optimistic here.

Users who are viewing this thread