Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Could See The New Electric Fiat 600e On July 4th!

We Could See The New Electric Fiat 600e On July 4th!​

Newest Fiat Will Share Jeep® Avenger Underpinnings...​

1684334387706.png

Recently, the upcoming subcompact four-door Fiat 600 was spotted without camouflage surfaced, taken first in Germany and then near the Vatican in Rome, possibly during the filming of its first commercial. These images generated significant buzz, fueling speculation about its imminent debut and the potential presentation date.

cgseller

Reaction score
This is basically a replacement for the 500x (is it supposed to pronounced cross?) correct? This seems like a PT Cruiser sized vehicle but the exterior and interior are not to N.A. tastes. Would this footprint with an updated clip and more Chrysler future interior sell 50k units a year in the NAFTA ?

TripleT

Reaction score
Its been running around in the open. Its the Fiat Coachwork version of the Avenger. So this is a true B version Renegade/500X Bplus.

1684340330115.png

bill burke

Reaction score
There is enough distinctive sheet metal here to separate from the Jeep Avenger. Hope this Fiat helps bolster their sales in Europe. The only chance Fiat has in the North American market is new product. Doubt this will come stateside but you never know. Alfa Romeo and Maserati are in much better shape, but these two brands need more product too.

patfromigh

Reaction score
Fiat can do well with only 2 models in the USA, if those two models are marketed correctly. Fiat USA hasn't done this so far. When I say two models , this means the 500e two door and the 600 four door. I'm lumping the Abarth models in with the two door even though it's considered a different model.Battery electric is the way to go for city cars, although a plugin hybrid version of the 600 would also work here as well.

As I have said before, the one Fiat model which will work as a badge engineered Chrysler would be the Sevel Nord built Doblo, specifically the SWB passenger wagon. That would be a great PT Cruiser replacement.

TripleT

Reaction score
Honest question .... where do you charge your car if you live in a high rise.

I always thought the Panda would do well, and Tipo Cross as a Chrysler.

AlfaCuda

Reaction score
This is basically a replacement for the 500x (is it supposed to pronounced cross?) correct? This seems like a PT Cruiser sized vehicle but the exterior and interior are not to N.A. tastes. Would this footprint with an updated clip and more Chrysler future interior sell 50k units a year in the NAFTA ?
According to reports from Europe this is a replacement for the 500L and the 500X will continue for now.

TripleT

Reaction score
According to reports from Europe this is a replacement for the 500L and the 500X will continue for now.
Anyway to distance themselves from that hideous Dual Clutch Transmission, even EV.

cgseller

Reaction score
Honest question .... where do you charge your car if you live in a high rise.

I always thought the Panda would do well, and Tipo Cross as a Chrysler.
Parking garages have EV spots sometimes with donated for free juice (they are often premium spots as well).

patfromigh

Reaction score
I live in a 3 story apartment building, which has 150+ units. In our parking lot we have six 120V outlets on three posts for winter plugins. I also have an 120V outlet next to my reserved parking spot in the underground garage which is part of the complex. I pay extra for my reserved spot. The standard outlets are OK for some plugin hybrids and small battery electrics, but something like a Mock-e Mustang will take a day and a half to fully charge.

TripleT

Reaction score
If one lives in a state that has banned ICE by 2035, and effectively through compensatory tax at 2028 a 150 unit apartment complex with need 1/3 of the spots to have level 2 charger by 2028 and over 1/2 by 2035

Users who are viewing this thread