Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chrysler Teased Dealers Last Month With A 300 Successor

Chrysler Teased Dealers Last Month With A 300 Successor​

New Electric Sedan, To Feature Hatchback Design Like Charger Daytona...​

1682344967460.png

The 2023 Chrysler 300C has started to reach customers, signaling the end of a chapter for the legendary Detroit automaker. With the 300C likely being the final HEMI-powered sedan, it also represents the end of the line for any new internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicle from the brand. While the Pacifica will continue in its current form for a few more years, the 300C is the last new ICE-powered model as Chrysler pivots towards an all-electric lineup by 2028.

bill burke

Reaction score
Sure, I have my obsession with Chrysler 300. Sure I owned and totally enjoyed one. Sure, sometimes I put emotional thinking ahead of pragmatic thinking, but on this topic I am combining both. Emotionally I see sedans, the 300 and it’s fundamental under pining of the Chrysler brand as a connection to my vision of the future that quickens my heart. But as a business case for a sedan that contradicts some industry directional thinking, this bolstered by common sense I argue with confidence. My super brain thinks this is a no brained.
The 300 has legs, a true marketable niche, a shared stable mate on a platform built in a shared factory and direct luxury import competitors that have not given up on sedans. Indeed the 300 is viable, profitable and necessary to Chrysler.
From a development and business cost factor, Dodge Charger Banshee needs a mainstream large market stable mate to offset costs. 300. Dodge needs to spread development costs to justify a niche vehicle like the Banshee. 300. And Chrysler needs a sedan to be competitive in its traditional market with its traditional customer base. 300. I repeat the Chrysler 300 SEDAN !
The 300 decision covered here is a monumental, a brand survival decision. I support it with my mind and above all, with my heart. Welcome to the future, the all electric Chrysler 300. Yes the Sedan Chrysler 300.

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
It was not that long ago when Feuell said that sedans were only being considered but not too likely since Dodge still wanted their foot in that segment. Kinda surprised she seemingly changed her tone, this meeting indicating heavily that such car is coming.
For other future product, an electric minivan to take Pacificas place is a given, even if that's for sure gonna take a few more years, though it's been said that the Airflow itself isn't supposed to become a production car like the REV and Daytona. And if we go back to the original Reddit post (wherever it's archived) where all the future product was leaked out, only a sedan was seemingly brought up. No production Airflow status or larger SUVs and crossovers.
Meanwhile, Lancia apparently had their 3 product plans approved as far back as 2021 and Alfa CEO has pretty much made up his mind on upcoming products before 2028 (sub Tonale crossover, next gen Giulia and Stelvio, at least one larger product to appeal to the US and I assume China)

So yes, honestly not sure what to make of whatever Chrysler is doing. Our latest peek under the curtain besides the dealer leaks is an interior that won't be in individual consumer hands for another 8-10 years.

cgseller

Reaction score
To be a product owner right now in the Automotive space takes guts. You can try to be bland and appeal to everyone (super hard in a competitive space). You can try to be bold and make a hit (PT Cruiser) or miss the mark completely (Pontiac Aztek). You can be conservative and stick with ICE and your current base - and maybe prove right that EVs are not ready, or be a dino. You can go all in on EV and futuristic and lead - or end up the Commodore Amiga to the automotive world - ahead of your time.

What you can't do it just sit. Then you are a Kmart, AOL, and some may say a Yahoo.....

All the while - there will be thousands of people (customers, colleagues, pundits) who say you are wrong.

What I do know is you can't just listen to boards like this - as it is a self-selected often echo-chamberous group.

TripleT

Reaction score
Here is a theory..... Airflow Wagon... 300 SportsBack.... now I hate Sportsbacks but there is not denying the popularity in the premium space.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Remember when Chrysler announced their 2012 future product plan when it decided to take on the mainstream market instead of being a blue-collar luxury player?

Chrysler_Brand_Page_33.jpeg

So far, we know there could be a 300-like sedan, which we have teaser images of, the Airflow for sure (E-segment), and the next-gen Minivan.

bill burke

Reaction score
These renderings, pretty revealing actually, is all we need to confirm a 300 sedan that takes some styling elements from the Dodge Charger Daytona Banshee. Both are all electric, built off STLA Large platform and can roll down the same assembly line, no problem. Why complicate things, these are the 300 and old Mopar Willy here is going with his heart again and calling it a definite maybe.

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
Here is a theory..... Airflow Wagon... 300 SportsBack.... now I hate Sportsbacks but there is not denying the popularity in the premium space.
If they could make a proper BEV wagon like MG has and VW might then that'd help them standout a bit better for sure.

Remember when Chrysler announced their 2012 future product plan when it decided to take on the mainstream market instead of being a blue-collar luxury player?

View attachment 8179
What a healthy lineup envisioned. What the hell happened to this brand..

patfromigh

Reaction score
I saw a Dodge Intrepid on the street the other day. It was clean and in very good shape. I liked the LH platform cars and the cab forward styling. Since the only sedans that seem to be selling today are battery electric, I can't help but wonder if the cab forward style shouldn't lend itself to be a great battery electric vehicle. A base sedan/hatchback with a front drive single motor would be standard base trim along with an option of a dual motor performance model.

What a healthy lineup envisioned. What the hell happened to this brand..
Everything had to be a Jeep or a Fiat 500. The Fiat 500L was the replacement for the PT Cruiser. The 500L was supposed to have Panda styling, but there was a last moment change to make it a Fiat 500. I suspect if it had conventional styling and a domestic drive-train (2.0 Tigershark and the Aisin 6-speed auto) it would have been successful as a Chrysler model. The sedan market collapsed so the 100 was cancelled and the 200 gave up the ghost. Management decided the midsize crossover had to be a Jeep model instead. Guess what, the Cherokee is now dead while the best selling vehicle in North America that isn't a pickup truck is the Toyota RAV4.

My suspicion is that not having the full size crossover for the last 5 years will haunt the Chrysler brand. Such a vehicle with a PHEV option would have created a path for acceptance of a pure battery electric Airflow in the near future.

jimboy

Reaction score
I have hopes for a new Chrysler car, but I'll wait for confirmation...

Users who are viewing this thread