Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THE SWARM IS HERE: The Dodge Hornet GT Has Arrived At Dealers!

THE SWARM IS HERE: The Dodge Hornet GT Has Arrived At Dealers!​

Dodge's First Completely New Vehicle Since 2013, Has Arrived...​

1680814437693.png

After months of waiting, the first initial batch of the all-new 2023 Dodge Hornet GT has begun to arrive in dealer’s showrooms across the United States. It marks good news for those who placed early orders after the vehicle’s unveiling at the Dodge Speed Week event in August.

AlexB

Reaction score
The design is growing on me.
I feel the need of the misleading whining of some on this site about pricing.
Some facts:
GMC Terrain Average Transaction Price(ATP): $36,852
Toyota RAV4 ATP: $35,718
Chevy Equinox ATP: $32,171
Ford Bronco Sport ATP :$36,680

Last edited:

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
The design is growing on me.
I feel the need of the misleading whining of some on this site about pricing.
Some facts:
GMC Terrain Average Transaction Price(ATP): $36,852
Toyota RAV4 ATP: $35,718
Chevy Equinox ATP: $32,171
Ford Bronco Sport ATP :$36,680
It feels much smaller than those vehicles, so it's more of a hot hatch.

A Golf R or Civic Type R are $50k, so those are more the competition-ish to me
Hornet GT is $40k
Hornet GT Plus is $46k

toptechx6

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 9 speed transaxle in the Hornet is based on the ZF design in the mini-van?

TripleT

Reaction score
Smaller than I imagine but not Bronco Sport small.

patfromigh

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 9 speed transaxle in the Hornet is based on the ZF design in the mini-van?
The 9-speed is a ZF unit. It is the same design as a the minivan transaxle, but there are minor differences.

Smaller than I imagine but not Bronco Sport small.
I don't feel cramped in the Bronco Sport like I do in the Hornet. I really dislike the Bronco Sport engine. The power train choices in the Hornet place it in a higher bracket. It would compare to some of the Ford Escape trims.

I don't know what the availability of the Hornet will be, but it is hard to make a comparison with vehicles such as the Escape hybrid or the RAV4 Prime hybrid. Those models are only available in limited numbers. The new Lexus UX is disappointing because for some reason they decided to go with the older generation hybrid system. It is important to point out that the entry level price for the Lexus brand is only a few Grand more then the entry level price for the Dodge brand.

TripleT

Reaction score
Bronco Sport is very compact, though it hides it with the very upright seating positions.

My daughter is an Automation engineer for Ford so she had to stray into that brand. She has a Heritage model which is very cute.

Users who are viewing this thread