Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ELECTRIFIED: Ram Officially Introduces The 2025 Ram 1500 REV

ELECTRIFIED: Ram Officially Introduces The 2025 Ram 1500 REV​

Electric Version of Ram's 1500 Makes Its Debut in New York...​

1680704379358.png

Ram has officially pulled the wraps off its all-new, all-electric 2025 Ram 1500 REV at the 2023 New York International Auto Show (NYIAS). You might remember that Ram teased the truck during this year’s Super Bowl with a 60-second commercial, but today we got to see the full details of this new electrified pickup.

bill burke

Reaction score
It should be obvious to Ram people that this new Rev is high on tech and less so on dramatic styling changes, utilizing much existing parts and concentrating on substance. Ram has really done a revolutionary (pun intended) job of stretching the envelope and taking top spot in this truck segment. Truck people will be impressed, some may be a bit disappointed it did not duplicate the concept, but it certainly delivered on the things that matter to pickup owners. Smart guys.
I do hope the front end styling, the biggest change, carries over to the whole pickup line, as sagging Ram sales translate to executives at Ram, that the current 1500 is not resonating as anticipated with pickup shoppers. Perhaps buyers were holding off for the Rev, but I doubt it since electric trucks should remain a niche market for years. Time for a refresh.
I think electrification has a better future with trucks, and especially for vans going forward, if (and a BIG IF), the capability, reliability and charging time issues are improved significantly. I believe they will in short order.
The Rev may not be revolutionary, but it does establish a shot heard industry wide. Bang bang!

patfromigh

Reaction score
If the upcoming ProMaster EV uses the same powertrain module which the Ram 1500 REV uses (in tandem for the REV) it will be a success. Fleets like commonality. One thing fleets don't like is liability, so there will be some sales resistance if a battery electric vehicle can't be charged overnight on a level 2 charger. The reason is level three charging (DC) may be hazardous. The battery pack on the REV is huge and the chargers it needs for a fast fill up are few and far between.

An old speed shop sign quips, "Speed costs money. How fast can you afford to drive?" For the potential buyers of battery electric commercial vehicles the question is how fast can one afford to charge. My job duties for our fleet now include tending of our EVs. This includes plugging them into the chargers, unplugging them when they are finished, and making sure they are ready for rental. Our chargers are level 2 (240V AC) because level 3 charging should be done outside and away from secure facilities such as airports. The biggest surprise is how long some of the charging times are on level 2. The Nissan Leaf and Kia Niro take up to ten hours. The PHEV BMW X5 takes as long as the full battery electrics to reach a full charge. I had a Chrysler Pacifica PHEV with a zero battery charge which only took two hours and five minutes for a 100% charge. Of course it's only a 30 mile electric only range, but still other plugin hybrids shouldn't need to take eight hours for 40 miles of range.

Mastertech63

Reaction score
I have been wanting to replace my now 10 year old Dart with a truck. I currently work 7 miles from home. I don't go on many long trips so range is not an issue. An occasional trip to the home improvement stores. An electric Ram would check all the boxes currently. A somewhat smaller pickup would be even better. I know it is still a few years away but I am liking what I see.

Hemidakota

Reaction score
The real mystery is the actual cost and can people actually afford it. Right now, all vehicles need to be 30-percent less on the MSRP to maintain or increase sales. However, not going to happen since pickups are the bread and butter of majority brands.

davidhips

Reaction score

ELECTRIFIED: Ram Officially Introduces The 2025 Ram 1500 REV​

Electric Version of Ram's 1500 Makes Its Debut in New York...​

View attachment 8110

Ram has officially pulled the wraps off its all-new, all-electric 2025 Ram 1500 REV at the 2023 New York International Auto Show (NYIAS). You might remember that Ram teased the truck during this year’s Super Bowl with a 60-second commercial, but today we got to see the full details of this new electrified pickup.

Zero interest, ever in an electric truck.

TripleT

Reaction score
Zero interest, ever in an electric truck.
Thanks for the Input I guess you don’t live in one of the 18 CARB states where half the population isn’t going to have a damn choice, or you plan to move.

Reminder the fines are already starting on ICE and become Punitive in ‘28 and outright banned in ‘35

Yes FCA is still going to sell to half the country.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread