Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Owner of a 2021 Durango SRT HELLCAT Threatens Lawsuit Over Ongoing Sales

Owner of a 2021 Durango SRT HELLCAT Threatens Lawsuit Over Ongoing Sales​

Was Supposed To Be A One-Year-Only Model...​

1679300488589.png

Dodge’s decision to continue production of the Dodge Durango SRT HELLCAT has left some buyers feeling misled and outraged. The automaker had initially promised that the high-performance SUV would be a limited-edition, one-year-only model, but due to overwhelming demand, production was extended into 2023. This decision has prompted some owners to consider legal action, claiming that they were induced to spend more money than they would have otherwise.

artillerybuff

Reaction score

Owner of a 2021 Durango SRT HELLCAT Threatens Lawsuit Over Ongoing Sales​

Was Supposed To Be A One-Year-Only Model...​

View attachment 7986

Dodge’s decision to continue production of the Dodge Durango SRT HELLCAT has left some buyers feeling misled and outraged. The automaker had initially promised that the high-performance SUV would be a limited-edition, one-year-only model, but due to overwhelming demand, production was extended into 2023. This decision has prompted some owners to consider legal action, claiming that they were induced to spend more money than they would have otherwise.

Be interesting to see if they do the same thing for the Challengers & Chargers in 2024 or 2025. All the 2023 sales at way over MSRP due to all the "last year of production hype" are absolutely hilarious! The best thing would be if these cars just sit on the dealer lots unsold unless dropped to MSRP or below, but we all know that won't happen due to people with more money than brains. Like I said, it will be interesting to watch...

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Be interesting to see if they do the same thing for the Challengers & Chargers in 2024 or 2025. All the 2023 sales at way over MSRP due to all the "last year of production hype" are absolutely hilarious! The best thing would be if these cars just sit on the dealer lots unsold unless dropped to MSRP or below, but we all know that won't happen due to people with more money than brains. Like I said, it will be interesting to watch...

Go look on the Dodge Horsepower Locator and look and see how many Last Call special edition cars are out there... more than half and its been almost 6 months since Dodge announced pricing. Chrysler 300 sold out in 12 hours... what does that say?

artillerybuff

Reaction score
Go look on the Dodge Horsepower Locator and look and see how many Last Call special edition cars are out there... more than half and its been almost 6 months since Dodge announced pricing. Chrysler 300 sold out in 12 hours... what does that say?
That people have more money than brains? To be honest, I'd buy a new Demon 170 right now if I could get it at MSRP. I won't pay dealer add-on markup so I guess I won't get one...
EDIT: Ha! I couldn't get one even if I had 150 to 200k to burn, all the dealers in my area were sold out the morning they came out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread