Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peugeot’s Inception Concept Shows Us The Growing Possibilities Of The STLA Large Platform

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

Peugeot’s Inception Concept Shows Us The Growing Possibilities Of The STLA Large Platform​

Some Of Its Tech Will Make It Into Production By 2026...​

1673182988042.png

Stellantis’ Peugeot was represented on stage during CEO Carlos Tavares’ keynote speech at CES 2023 in Las Vegas earlier this week. The French automaker unveiled its new Inception Concept, a radically designed battery-electric vehicle (BEV) whose design language will be the inspiration for the brand’s future models going forward.

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
Back in 2021, it was said that 8 cars were being developed for the platform and all will show up by '26 and this kinda makes it easier to round up how those developments are going.

• Charger Daytona EV
  • Chrysler Airflow
  • Jeep Recon
  • Wagoneer S
  • Alfa Romeo Giulia BEV (unconfirmed but likely)
  • Alfa Romeo Stelvio BEV (unconfirmed but likely)
  • Maybe a Peugeot D-sedan that heavily borrows from this concept? Could also be some crossover

The rest of the possible entries for this platform are rumors/speculation or more aspirational hopes from the brands, so not counting midsized Ram or a replacement for the 300, Durango, the sedan space in Dodge's lineup, etc.

bill burke

Reaction score
This platform is developing around a corporate blueprint that will allow brands to interpret their own brand culture/styling theme and share costly system development costs. Looking for those executions for Dodge with the Charger and Challenger, the Chrysler Airflow and the Jeep Wagoneer S and Cherokee if not a few more. Smart decision and allows each brand to spend more on visible differences that appeal to loyal customers. This concept just demonstrates the opportunities.

Mike201

Reaction score
Why have they continued to show us the concepts that should appear in a Si-Fi movie set in 2085? Like the new EV Ram, these are so much outrageous than the final vehicle will be coming off the line in the next year or two. Give us a better look at what we will actually be buying with in the next 1-4 years.

bill burke

Reaction score
Why have they continued to show us the concepts that should appear in a Si-Fi movie set in 2085? Like the new EV Ram, these are so much outrageous than the final vehicle will be coming off the line in the next year or two. Give us a better look at what we will actually be buying with in the next 1-4 years.
Concept vehicles can push the envelope on ideas that can eventually evolve into a more pragmatic application. It can also measure public interest in an idea or feature before there is financial or engineering commitment.
I agree the Peugeot concept is pretty far fetched, that interior, dash and steering wheel are the ugliest I’ve ever seen, looks uncomfortable too, but it does show what can be done if that is what folks like. Hope they pass on that interior. To my point, regardless of your feelings on these two concepts from Ram and Peugeot, they do demonstrate the opportunity for brand interpretation and exclusivity off this new STLA platform. One look at the Charger Daytona concept gives you a more likely interpretation but still advances design and engineering possibilities that are brand specific and consistent with brand culture. Concepts are ment to illicit heated reactions and discussions and that has been achieved.

Mike201

Reaction score
Concept vehicles can push the envelope on ideas that can eventually evolve into a more pragmatic application. It can also measure public interest in an idea or feature before there is financial or engineering commitment.
I agree the Peugeot concept is pretty far fetched, that interior, dash and steering wheel are the ugliest I’ve ever seen, looks uncomfortable too, but it does show what can be done if that is what folks like. Hope they pass on that interior. To my point, regardless of your feelings on these two concepts from Ram and Peugeot, they do demonstrate the opportunity for brand interpretation and exclusivity off this new STLA platform. One look at the Charger Daytona concept gives you a more likely interpretation but still advances design and engineering possibilities that are brand specific and consistent with brand culture. Concepts are ment to illicit heated reactions and discussions and that has been achieved.
I agree Bill, to a point. I do understand concepts are dreams of what's coming or ideas for the future. I also believe, a concept can be what is coming sooner rather than later. The Charger Daytona Banshee. Now looking at that I see the next Charger. I see the concept being 85-90% of what we will see in a year or so. The Chrysler Crossfire. I see that being what we will see in 2 years. Those are the concepts I think us Mopar fans need. For two reason. One we have not seen anything new in years and need to see what's coming tomorrow Secondly those concepts give us the fell of the old Chryslers concepts of the 90's which look like the cars we got a few years later (Viper/LH models). I DO understand you point. The Ram Revolution concept walks that fine line of what we may see and the pipe dreams of tomorrow.

TripleT

Reaction score
WHY? WHY in the world would they show something 2-4 years away? So you wait? Wait for what... to not buy something now? So you don't buy a KIA? The reason the 90s concepts were important was to show that there was a future, when many thought there wasn't.

I get we are greedy for information, but you never sell the future when you have something to sell in the present. There will be actual product launches in the next year... to buy the next model to sell the next. Meanwhile you use stamping to hint at the future which is what you seen in Daytona and Ram concepts.

Users who are viewing this thread