Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge CEO Says Engine Failures Are Reason For Delay Of Special ‘Last Call’ Model!

Dodge CEO Says Engine Failures Are Reason For Delay Of Special ‘Last Call’ Model!​

Seven Engine Failures Have Prompt Dodge To Push Back Its Reveal Date...​

1667292922431.png

But last week, Dodge CEO Tim Kuniski shed some light on the situation, during a background briefing outlining Dodge’s plans for SEMA this week.

Dodge has been testing a new modified HEMI V8 for this last ‘Last Call’ Dodge Challenger. “But we ran into some problems,” Kuniskis stated. Unfortunately for Dodge engineers, seven of their test engines have suffered catastrophic failures by blowing up when pushed to their limits.

artillerybuff

Reaction score
Not only that, but from what I understand you won't even be allowed to order the 7th last call edition unless you previously purchased a Dodge Demon. So it will be VERY limited and most likely ridiculously priced. Why is Stellantis/Dodge doing any of this? Abruptly stopping production of Hemi cars, severely limiting dealer allocations, attempting to create a buying frenzy by offering limited last chance models that are nothing more than trim and decals, etc...

I strongly suspect this "7th edition" late release has more to do with a last minute decision to do something really special (other than decals & trim) after reading all the negative pushback they received from the first six editions. In any case, as a long time Mopar lover from my very first purchased way back in 1974, I can only say I am very disappointed in the new direction. But then again, I am from another generation...

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

Final “Last Call” Dodge Challenger To Be Unveiled In March At Las Vegas Motor Speedway​

Expect The 909 Horsepower Model To Take To The Strip, In Front Of Fans...​

artillerybuff

Reaction score

Final “Last Call” Dodge Challenger To Be Unveiled In March At Las Vegas Motor Speedway​

Expect The 909 Horsepower Model To Take To The Strip, In Front Of Fans...​

Hard to be interested in this car when they are only going to make a few, no dealers within a 100 miles or more from where I live will get one, and even if they did, I'm quite sure only the rich and famous will be able to afford it. Way better off buying a used car and building it yourself to 1,000+ hp, then use the money that's left over to buy a house or something! Sorry about the negativity, but after 45+ years of owning and building Mopars I am just so sad of how they are ending the V8 era...

TripleT

Reaction score
Wait, low volume Halo Cars aren't for everyone or a mass market???

Who knew :p the entire idea is to create hype to sell RTs at higher margin?

As far as ushering out the now obsolete Hemi motors with a bang.... Honestly, I don't know what one would want. They have been Hyping the living heck out the cars.

For sure they don't want to hype the ICE replacement while they are trying to sell what they have.

Hurricane is coming.

Users who are viewing this thread