Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis Will Indefinitely Idle Its Belvidere Assembly Plant At The End Of February!

Stellantis Will Indefinitely Idle Its Belvidere Assembly Plant At The End Of February!​

Jeep Cherokee (KL) Production To Come To An End...​

1670892305208.png

It’s official. Stellantis has informed the United Auto Workers (UAW) that has made the decision to indefinitely idle its Belvidere Assembly Plant in Illinois, at the end of February.

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
That's a shame for them.

As for what happens to the plant, my guesses are that if something happens early enough, some Hornets and maybe Tonales will end up getting built here so the former stays getting milked for Dodge funds. Maybe they can instead retool it for 500e production since it's apparently so popular that America getting them means a bigger obstacle to meet demand where they're already sold.

I think nearly all of the NA sold cars to begin 2024 production have already found factories elsewhere, so if not for those options then a wait probably goes on until 2025.

patfromigh

Reaction score
I feel bad about this plant being idled. The Cherokee was an inexpensive way to get a decent trailer towing package. It was good for towing a small boat, snowmobiles or a four-wheeler. The Cherokee was a good fit for us in the snow belt as well. I really liked the X-trim, but that was very short lived. It's almost like they wanted the Cherokee to fail.

The Fiat 500e will have some demand here, but not enough to justify building it here.

Users who are viewing this thread