Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kuniskis Claims “More Products” In Pipeline For Dodge Are Coming!

Kuniskis Claims “More Products” In Pipeline For Dodge Are Coming!​

Recent Interview CEO States Portfolio Will Grow...​

1670453756727.png

With the current Dodge Challenger (LA) and Charger (LD) in their last year in production, the era of the modern HEMI muscle car looks to come to an end in December 2023. Instead, Dodge like all other major automakers looks towards electrification as the answer forward.

justbekuz1

Reaction score
Some media sources have confirmed that the nextgen Durango will be built along side of the Wagonner BOF configuration.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Some media sources have confirmed that the nextgen Durango will be built along side of the Wagonner BOF configuration.

JeepBen

Reaction score
Hell we are still waiting for all the new Chrysler vehicles they claimed were in the pipeline.

patfromigh

Reaction score
We can have these new Chrysler products today. All Stellantis has to do is put a sticker in the window which states, "Batteries not included."

When the BOF Dodge SUV replaces the Durango, here is hoping for that STLA Large based product to slot into a place covering the gap due to the absence of both the Journey and the outgoing Durango.

TripleT

Reaction score
The way I figure it is Hornet(SUSW) ICE/PHEV , Challenger(STLA Large) ICE/PHEV/EV, Charger(STLA Large) ICE/PHEV/EV, call it Magnum(STLA Large) EV, Durango(STLA BOF) ICE/EV

bill burke

Reaction score
We all have our “wish list” for new product and Dodge certainly has a number of vehicle types they can exploit, but one thing for sure, in my opinion, is that the Stellantis conglomerate has givin access to new product never affordable by Chrysler Corporation, Daimler- Chrysler, or Fiat- Chrysler. These are exciting times for Mopar fans of all bents.

bill burke

Reaction score
The way I figure it is Hornet(SUSW) ICE/PHEV , Challenger(STLA Large) ICE/PHEV/EV, Charger(STLA Large) ICE/PHEV/EV, call it Magnum(STLA Large) EV, Durango(STLA BOF) ICE/EV
Agree on your projected products, but your old pal here is going a few projections further. Yes T, I am dealing in the boarders of speculation at best, delusion at most, but tolerate me here. Mid size line including a Giulia derived coupe and Stelvio derived SUV off the next generation platform, a sports car roadster or even a Viper replacement based on something from our European cousins. I sure like your naming the next generation large SUV Magnum. So much opportunity with Stellantis platform sharing, spin offs and engineering talent, not to mention deeper pockets to expand Dodge, clearly a corporate strategy.
Enjoying my vivid Dodge imagination for awhile. Be bold T.

Last edited:

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
When I think of a potential good future lineup for Dodge, I'd probably look into the next half decade.

Dodge of 2027
  • Charger Daytona coupe (BEV)
  • Charger in sedan (BEV)
  • A halo 2 seater eMuscle that will make due with lighter and somewhat lesser amount of materials for Tesla smacking drag times, I guess this they could also pull from the trademark bin and call it 'Rebel' or even pull a Jeep and take 'Patriot' (BEV)
  • The two more gossiped SUVs (unibody one being ICE/PHEV, the STLA frame being PHEV/BEV)
As for the Hornet, because the whole body it borrows from Alfa probably gets revamped for 2027 cause of their BEV only goals, as well as moving onto another platform, obviously, I picture two potential paths Dodge could go for the 2nd generation of theirs.
  • Keep the compact crossover body style, but fix it up to make it more in line with Dodge, and then take it to STLA Medium
  • Same as top, but do a Bolt and slice it into two models. A hot hatch and a crossover, because I'd say they could just do away with a crossover entirely, but as much as I'm not really for them, I'm not the mass market who decides that their lowered car is better. Hornet hatch and Hornet X!
I'd imagine either outcome will result in PHEV/BEV powertrains.

I don't see us getting another car like the Viper really soon, hence a classic muscle inspired 2 seater serving as halo, and there have been asks for a wagon but I don't believe they'll do it.
I think it's somewhat hard to think of what they could do beyond these 6/7 models too, but maybe someone here thinks different? Certainly more healthier than what we'll have throughout 2023 though.

vbondjr1

Reaction score
If I could plan the next-generation Mopar line up, it would look something like this:
1.DODG-E
A.STLA-MEDIUM: AWD 400V max systems
a.) Dart: Full BEV AWD midsize 5-door hatchback rival to not only the Tesla Model 3, but also to cars like the Acura Integra, Honda Civic Type R, Corolla GR, STI, Golf R, and everything else in this category. SE, GT, GTS and GLH trim models with access to Direct Connection parts and accessories
b.) Hornet: Full BEV AWD sub-compact crossover like it is now but completely EV and AWD only.
B. STLA-LARGE: full electric, 400V & 800V powertrains, AWD, multi-speed Tremec or Torqueflite DCT transmissions
a.) VIPER: a full 800V AWD return of the monster dodge sports car. a comfortable 2-seater that can go all out with EV performance and race tech in an affordable, luxurious performance street vehicle
b.)CHARGER: a full BEV AWD coupe. The Return of the King of the Muscle cars and the return of the big useable coupe. Very similar to the Banshee concept but with the side scallops from the 68-70 Charger, and a bunch of factory aero options an a laundry list of options and upgrades from not only jailbreak packages on various trims but also from Direct Connection on both the 400V and 800V models.
c.) CORONET: full BEV AWD mid size SUV. With the Durango moving to the STLA:Frame platform, the Coronet would return to fill the shoes of the "Charger of the SUV world" which is what the Durango is currently. Seeing that the Coronet came in a wagon form in the '60's & '70's, having it as a STLA: Large SUV to fill the void the current Durango would leave would be optimal for the brand and where the Charger has the Daytona moniker, the Coronet would reclaim the Super Bee mantle once more and of course have Jailbreak packages, 400V & 800V powertrains, and a collection of Direct Connection upgrades as well.
d.) CARAVAN: 400V and 800V powertrain AWD. The return of the original Minivan but with a completely Dodge twist! The Caravan is literally an icon in its own right as the first of the modern minivans, dating back to around 1983. While most performance oriented people would never look at a Minivan as anything other than a speed obstruction, alot of people might not know the late-80's Caravan came with a Turbo and a 5-speed manual transmission in certain trim levels. Granted there was no GHL moniker on the side but it was a vehicle in the same vein as Dodge was still the brand, even back then, to put performance into anything and everything. With the brand now bringing back the GHL moniker, It would make sense to have an EV multi-passenger vehicle with seating for seven to have a GHL moniker as it's top perforamnce trim with the Grand Caravan Limited being the top luxury trim of the vehicle. But wait, there's more! In the '70's Dodge was having a wild time with their vehicles and the "Street Van" was one of them. With a bunch of factory styling options (similar to the jailbreak cars of today) customers had so many options of what to do with their vehicles and alot of them, even though they were sticker packages , were actual cool. With Direct Connection back in the game, Dodge could easily take over this market from the Kia Carnival and Honda Oddysey and spring life back into this segment as well.
C: STLA-FRAME: AWD 400V & 800V powertrains, Body On Frame
a.) DURANGO: Full BEV full size SUV. Just because it's BOV doesn't mean it has to loose it's performance. The Mopar brand still shoves 700hp Hellcat engines in Ram 1500 pickup trucks so this means perforamnce should still be a thing for the Durango. An off road Durango ultra-high performance Ramcharger model would be awesome. a full 800V AWD psycho SUV that can tear up trails and the highway would be awesome! Mud boggging anyone?!? I say let the Ford Raptor go play in the sandboxes like a little kid and have the Durango be a more useful, trail rated, down and dirty TRX SUV along with having Street perforamnce and luxury version as well that would be the same as the high end trim levels on the Ram 1500 pickups, drop the Citadel for the Laramie, Laramie Limited and LAramie Longhorn. Offer a 400V Durango Rebel off road pacakge underneath of the 800V Durango Ramcharger and yes we need a Durango R/T 340 and Durango R/T 440 with Direct Connection Stage packages as well a Durango Banshee with 800V stage packages! Why? Because Dodge!
2. Chrysler: The brand destined to dethrone Tesla completely!
STLA Large: BEV AWD 400V & 800V systems
a.) 300K/H: In the late 50's and early '60's the 300H Sport and 300K were serious muscle performance luxury coupes and their styling was absolutely amazing. If an argument could be made for a "Family" of vehicles, the 300 should be the one to receive multiple variants. The 300H & 300K could even be set up as the different performance trim levels of the full size luxury american muscle coupe, both with unique styling from their respective letters, giving the 300H coupe the 340Kw powertrain and the 300K the 440Kw powertrain
b.) 300M (the Plaid killer) The return of the Sleek and Sexy Chrysler 300M! Set out to Dethrone the Tesla Plaid with a top tier 800V 1,320hp AWD powertrain with handling, control, luxury and muscle in a loud, brash Mopar kind of way (of course the Fratzonic exhaust would be able to be turned down at the owners command) The 300M would be an apex predator of the EV world similar to how a Tiger is the Apex predator of it's world and it's prey includes Bears, and large Bovine animals. (in case any of ya'll missed that, the Lucid Air's symbol is a bear and the Lamborghini symbol is a bull, which is a bovine animal)!
c.) Lebaron: While the word "Baron" means the lowest order in British nobility, it is still part of the Noble order. As such, the Chrysler Lebaron would be the smallest of the Chrysler SUVs, but in no means would it be small and by every means it would still be Noble! The SUV should be roughly the size of the current gen-durango or in this lineup, the Dodge Coronet SUV and posess all of Chrysler's luxury and performance that a vehicle of this size can handle. Posied, atheletic and electric, the Chrysler Lebaron should not only be a competitor in size to something like a Lincoln Avaitor but be a competitor in performance to vehicles such as the Lamborghini Urus, the Audi RS Q8, the Porsche Cayenne, BMW X6M, Bentley Bentayga, Aston Martin and every other performance SUV in it's size class but completely EV.
d.) Pacifica: The luxury Queen of the Soccer Mom vehicles! Sophistication, luxury, style, comfort and utility with accessories for days! A confident handler, and completely reliable vehicle with range to go the distance and easy to live with on a day to day basis with the strength to tackle the day to day needs of taking care of the family no matter where they need to go.
STLA Frame: BEV AWD 400 & 800V systems
a.) THE CHRYSLER IMPERIAL: If Tesla's corporate leaders have shown us anything, it's truly the fact that they are, indeed an absolute SPOOF! and since they're spaceball loving leader had gone to plaid, then yes, The Chrsyler IMPERIAL should be an IMPERIAL Destroyer, the authentic Star Wars level warship destined to take down all spoofing imposters like rebel scum! The Chrysler Imperial should be a large SUV with levels of comfort and luxury and performance that will take the world by storm. The vehicle should be on par with vehicles like the Rolls Royce Cullinan Black Badge (not a copy of) but on on par with. Just minus the price. SImilar to what Geneiss has done when compared to Mercedes Benz. The vehicle's luxury should be build with the mindset that was used to create the Chrysler 300 John Varvatos edition. Something that speaks of it's Detroit heritage with a bit of New York thrown in the mix, a theme that could give it's top tier trim levels names such as "New Yorker" and "Fifth Avenue."
3. Jeep
STLA MEDIUM
a.) Avenger: Fun EV Jeep brand vehicle for the masses with Jeep lifestyle brand available accessories
STLA LARGE
a.) Cherokee 400V/340Kw powertrain level of the Cherokee family, standard length mid-sized SUV
b.) Grand Cherokee 400v/440Kw powertrain level of the Cherokee family with optional performance 800V system, Long version midsized luxury performance SUV utilitizing the styling cues of the current Grand Cherokee along with the design elements of the Wagoneer S concept. The SUV should have JXP "Direct connection" stage kits and performance upgrades that should be taylored for the vehicle's premium luxury design.
c.) Recon: Wrangler Lite Jeep EV for the masses with Jeep brand available accessories
STLA FRAME
a.) Wagoneer-everything it is now, but EV with 400V powertrain 340KW. Give it more classic Wagoneer looks
b.)Grand Wagoneer-everything it is now, but EV with 400V (440KW) and 800V powertrains. Give it more Classic Wagoneer looks
c.)Gladiator: Full EV 400v full size pickup truck with the current Wrangler-truck styling. Similar to how GMC has the hummer as a dedicated extreme niche vehicle, the gladiator should be that, but practical and more useful. Basically take what the Gladiator is now, and make it a full size 1500-series pickup that does all of the crazy Jeep stuff! removable doors, fold down windshields, crazy 4x4 capability, a more useable bed, a bunch of JXP Jeep accessories such as lift kits and all of the other stuff that Jeep supplies to it's wrangler owners.
d.)Commander: The actual Jeep version of the Ram 1500 pickup truck and basically what the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer are, but in truck form. GMC does it with their trucks and SUVs and it works, Jeep can do it better.
e.) Wrangler?? I don't really know if the Wrangler fits on the STLA Frame platform. But, it is a body on frame vehicle so I stuck it here. This is the thing that made Jeep, well, Jeep! This vehicle needs to go well into the EV future wtih 4Xe becoming totally EV while keeping it's Iconic styling and capability.
4. Ram
A: STLA-Large: BEV 4x4/AWD, 400v & 800v powertrains
a.) Dakota: It's past time for the Dakota to return to the fold! This truck should be feature-loaded with Ram boxes, front cargo area, modular bed with in bed storage, a 5.5" bed with the box fully closed extending out to over 10ft with the multi-function tailgate dropped and the mid-gate fully retracted. it should out power the Ranger Raptor while having a better ride and more capability than the Honda Ridgeline., the only other worthwhile unibody truck on the market. The Dakota sould truly bridge the gap between "right sized" pickup and lifestyle vehicle, being slightly larger than the RAnger but as versatle as the Ridgeline and Santa Cruze. The street packages should have the on-road feel of a large sports sedan, especially the R/T 340, R/T-440 and R/T Banshee packages while the more off roading, all terrain Dakota Rebel versions should still have a confident feeling on any terrain.
b.) Ram 1500: Americans Best Truck, now in EV! Everything we love about the Ram 1500 pickup truck, minus the emissions plus added capability. Work trucks, luxury trucks, street performance trucks, off road perforamnce turcks, all of the things we love about the wide portfolio of the Ram 1500 series. Street performance trucks could see the return of the SST name with the SST-340, the return of the Daytona pickup with the Daytona-440 and of course a truck that would bring back the performance of the SRT/10 pickup with the Ram Banshee 800V pickup. Not to mention the off roading performance trucks being the Rebel-340 and Rebel-440 and the return of the TRX with the 800V powertrain. Luxury trucks such as the Laramie, the Longhorn and Limited would all see the 800V systems as standard while the other trims would get the 400V systems.
c.) Ram HD: Hybrid Hydrogen power! While in the current truck world, Diesel seperates the men from the boys as the old saying goes, here Hydrogen fuel cells along with EV power would give the HD trucks their massive power and grunt to get the job done all day and all night! EV dually rear axles and all of the heavy duty stuff needed to keep the RAm HD pickup trucks ahead of the curve for years to come. All while being just as techy and luxurious as ever!

Lastly Direct Connection
Direct Connection NEEDS TO BE a COMPLETE SOURCE of performance upgrades, if the brand is trying to lock out the aftermarket. To me, the better move would be to select a few of the aftermarket brands as authorized aftermarket makers for some of the Direct Connection products. Performance cars need sound. Not fake sound, but sound and yes they should be loud. I've said it before, companies like Procharger, Whipple and Magnuson should switch to making "Supercoolers" for EV systems that look and sound like Superchargers but move coolant instead of air to add cooling performance to the thermal management systems. Those crystal key things are cool and will probably be the new "red" key like what the hellcats have but also Direct Connection should sell stage kits like they do for the ICE cars with the handheld tuners and the supercoolers and optional fratzonic exhaust upgrades that give the enthusiast customer the same experience as buying a Direct Connection stage kit. Suspension systems, braking systems, optional wheels, Jailbreak packages, and all of stuff that we have now should be available for the new EV era. Also, since Direct Connection is going to be producing the "new" vintage muscle cars, how about some EV crate engines and powertrains to go with them? Granted I don't think all of them should be carbon fiber which would actually help bring the price down. Companies like Dynacorn have been making new bodies for the old muscle cars for years. Direct Connection could partner with them to bring back fiberglass and metal bodies for cars such as the 68-70 Charger, the Coronet, the late '60s Dart, the Challenger and even maybe a '68 D-Body pickup. A few EV crate powertrains with a 4-speed gearbox with straight cut gears behind them and maybe even fratzonic exhasut systems with rear and side exit options could be kind of cool!

This is just my thoughts and ideas of what I would want to see from the Mopar brand if they're going to move forward into the all electric realm. Yes I know the current power grid can't handle full EVs and the moment and all of the other EV gripes, that are out there. The move to EV is no different than the move from carburetors to fuel injection or from cars with no emissions devices to every car having at least one catalytic converter on them. Yes right now the process to make EV cars is absolutely just as bad if not worse than what it takes to get the resources and the use of ICE vehicles. But this is just the begining of the era. Recharging is getting faster and more and more companies are getting on board with having solar and wind powered recharging systems and moving to solar powered grids. Once companies really get smart and realize that every mall and grocery store and parking lot can be it's own solar/wind powered source of energy along with every single home in America, the grid problem would be solved. It's not hard to figure out. But back to focusing on the Mopar brand for a moment, if I were to be able to envision the lineups of the Mopar brand, this is just my 2-cents on how I think it could look.

Last edited:

patfromigh

Reaction score
If Stellantis wants credibility then they should have Mopar offer power train and battery upgrades for the California compliance Fiat 500e, I know there weren't that many built, but the effort would speak volumes.

vbondjr1

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just had this crazy thought and I don't know if anyone else has thought of this possibility. The Chrysler Airflow is an STLA Large platform vehicle as is the Banshee. All these companies are moving to changing their muscle cars to ultra high performance crossovers and it just gave me this crazy thought that what if Dodge may be planning something similar with the Charger? I dont think its as far fatched of an idea as it may seem to some. Think about it, coupes and sedans are a dying breed and crossovers like the Lamborghini Urus and Audi Q8 RS are extremely formidable on the street and on the track. With GM and Ford making this move just like other automakers have been doing, a Charger performance crossover starts to make sense. Dodge flipped the Charger world on it's end in 2006 when they brought the Charger back as a sedan so there's nothing that would stop the brand from making a four-door fastback coupe crossover with semi-retro styling that follows alot of the styling of the banshee but keeping it a four door and giving it a liftback with both EV and ICE options since the STLA Large platform is designed to handle both. in a vehicle like that, the interior of the current banshee makes a bit more sense with that open back area and full 2+2 seating and the full length center console. Think about vechile designs like the BMW X6M or the Porsche Cayenne Coupe. Genuine muscle SUV crossovers. Now take the Chrysler Airflow, add a banshee-inspired front end with the R-wing, come around some widebody front and rear fenders, with the coke bottle body, give it a coupe like roof-line with flying buttresses like what is on the Jeep Wagoneer S concept which would hide a bit of the hatchabck in a fastback like body, give it a rear decklid big enough for a duckbill spoiler, Banshee taillamps, Banshee wheels, an aero package, the banshee interior and the choice of either the ICE Hurricane engines, the All Electric 400V and 800V powertrains and some Direct Connection/Jailbreak options. It would be a genuine muscle car with SUV capability. Not saying that it will happen, but just a thought

Users who are viewing this thread