Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CAUGHT: 2024 Abarth 500e Makes Public Appearance During Commercial Shoot!

CAUGHT: 2024 Abarth 500e Makes Public Appearance During Commercial Shoot!​

New Electrified Performance City Car, Looks Good In Acid Yellow...​

1668190247826.png

Over the past several days, the Abarth brand has been building up hype for its all-new upcoming Abarth 500e performance city car. There have been teasers dropped on the brand’s social media account, and a mysterious leaked photo showcasing the vehicle’s front end also popped up in recent days, and numerous fully-camouflage test cars have been coming out of a Stellantis Italian engineering building.

TripleT

Reaction score
I like the scorpion on the front better.

patfromigh

Reaction score
I blinked and missed the live announcement. I don't know what details were released. There was another announcement from Abarth made today. Latin America will get an Abarth version of the Pulse powered by the T270 engine.

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
In case anybody missed it. Here is a copy of the live Abarth presentation.
I think it's gotta be pointed out.

They straight plagiarized the living heck out of Dodges first EV announcement from last year's EV Day in July. And honestly...why? I'm guessing they're hyper petty over the Tonale/Hornet thing over in Italy? •⁠_⁠•

TripleT

Reaction score
I think it's gotta be pointed out.

They straight plagiarized the living heck out of Dodges first EV announcement from last year's EV Day in July. And honestly...why? I'm guessing they're hyper petty over the Tonale/Hornet thing over in Italy? •⁠_⁠•
YA GET ITS THE SAME COMPANY??? CDJRF?

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
YA GET ITS THE SAME COMPANY??? CDJRF?
Chevy doesn't take product announcements from GMC and copies them near word for word.

Porsche doesn't take a look at VW ads and makes their own copy and paste versions out them.

I suppose let me know if any auto conglomerate actually ever has done that before, with evidence, but this dude confidently showed a sorta advert that's probably only allowed to take the whole "You mean the car company that's known for their powerful ICE cars is now going electric?" schtick cause they're both under Stellantis.

Wonder what Tim would have to say about this if they didn't let him know.

TripleT

Reaction score
Well since consolidation, really not the same as VW and Porshe, there are no standalone units, you have sub-brands that share resources for NA, they are not in competition they are in cooperation. Hell, it may be same person doing both, and hell yes you save the man hours and recycle. There is no other car in the lineup that is an internal competitor, or cross shopped. SM removed all that but the 300 and Charger. Chevy and GMC actually compete against each other, likely same resources but they have purposefully set them apart.

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
Well since consolidation, really not the same as VW and Porshe, there are no standalone units, you have sub-brands that share resources for NA, they are not in competition they are in cooperation. Hell, it may be same person doing both, and hell yes you save the man hours and recycle. There is no other car in the lineup that is an internal competitor, or cross shopped. SM removed all that but the 300 and Charger. Chevy and GMC actually compete against each other, likely same resources but they have purposefully set them apart.
I suppose that all makes it have a bit more sense.

Nonetheless, the 'borrowed' commercial plot definitely caught me off guard. I was kinda waking up while watching that and I shot up fully when I heard the first "You mean the people who devise"
Probably all fun and games with them, who knows.

TripleT

Reaction score
I suppose that all makes it have a bit more sense.

Nonetheless, the 'borrowed' commercial plot definitely caught me off guard. I was kinda waking up while watching that and I shot up fully when I heard the first "You mean the people who devise"
Probably all fun and games with them, who knows.
Just reuse the same presentation.... See the Chrysler Passport, Chyrsler Airflow, Jeep Recon, Jeep Wagoneer S ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
Still can't get over the guitar sound played at times. 35 seconds in they appear.

Users who are viewing this thread