Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeep® To Hold A Naming Contest For It’s Newest Wagoneer Offering!

Jeep® To Hold A Naming Contest For It’s Newest Wagoneer Offering!​

Jeep CEO, Tells MotorTrend Contest Could Happen As Soon As This Month...​

1667938013195.png

Back in September, the Jeep® brand held its “4xe Day” presentation where it announced a comprehensive plan for its next generation of fully electric 4xe vehicles as part of a sustainable transformation to become the leading electrified SUV brand in the world.

bill burke

Reaction score
I like the idea of a luxury mid Size Wagoneer with one absolute, it must have a gasoline engine. Hope Jeep come through with this SUV for the masses who do NOT want electric power. They are said to be spinning off the next Cherokee from this Wagoneer. Rather have the luxury Wagoneer but will settle for gas Cherokee if necessary. Electric = Failure

patfromigh

Reaction score
If Jeep repeats history from the 1980s, there will be a Cherokee and and a Wagoneer. It could be the Cherokee name will be axed to appease the woke mob, but like the contemporary Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer, it is only trim and price tag which separates the two name tags. I don't know what Jeep will call either the Wagoneer S or an equivalent sub-trim Cherokee replacement model, but there must be an ICE option somewhere in the mix. The marketing department at Jeep loves option packages, so I suspect one can have a respectable amount of luxury touches in the sub-variant.
Electric = Failure
You're right Bill. The funny thing is, if the Abarth EV was on sale tomorrow in my zip code, I would buy one. My state isn't even among the ones banning ICE power. The Pooh-bahs of certain regions in North America dictate only battery electric power trains should be built and sold in their domains. Battery electrics won't fail because the public won't buy them, EVs will fail because the public HAS to buy them. This is why I hesitate about owning an EV, they are a phenomenon being driven by politics and not engineering.

I wonder about the Jeep Recon. Will Jeep only sell it as a battery electric, or will there be a hybrid option? Stellantis builds enough three cylinder engines globally, they should even be able to come up with a range extended EV.

My name for the Wagoneer S is Mikado. The reason I'm choosing that name is because its power-train has been decided upon by the dictates of a Grand Pooh-bah.

TripleT

Reaction score
Good Jesus, stop whining about the EVs here, this isn't the spot it is at your local legislator and if yesterday was any indicator that direction isn't changing. IT IS WHAT IT.
IS.

Reality check, unless there is two lines in a facility ICE and EV are too different to run down the same capacity. The question is how manty EV Coachworks can run down the same line. Could Recon, whatever this is, Airflow, and Grand Cherokee all run down the same capacity>

I like Cascade because it is a mountain pass and a mountain range. I perfer Cherokee and would make more sense now as it smaller version. I take my great great grandmother would be proud of the name but I think the political correct will win out given the company is run by the French.

patfromigh

Reaction score
The Recon and the Whatever might have similar chassis parts. The Airflow seems to be something else entirely. Then again, they may be dealing with just changing hats.

I already have one foot in the dystopian future because of my job. Most people are unaware how bad an overnight, dramatic shift to battery electric vehicles will be.

TripleT

Reaction score
They are all STLA large... I would imagine the Recon would have dedicated suspension components but that doesn't mean it couldn't be handled in the pull system. I believe the Whatever and Airflow would be very similar the larger GC would be the most out of place but with the rumors of the Alfa 3 row they certainly could be paired up perhaps with the next van.

Red country here I will be able to choose ICE as long as it is offered.

Users who are viewing this thread