Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What ICE Engine Is Under The Hood Of The New Jeep® Avenger (JJ)?

What ICE Engine Is Under The Hood Of The New Jeep® Avenger (JJ)?​

Pre-Order Website Gives Us A Hint...​

1666404279449.png

Another non-North American production vehicle for the Jeep® brand was unveiled earlier this week: the 2023 Jeep Avenger (JJ). Focused on the global market outside North America (specifically the European market), the Avenger is also the brand’s first-ever production battery-electric vehicle (BEV). And with the press putting their focus on the brand’s first completely zero-emission vehicle, many have skipped over the fact that an internal combustion engine (ICE) variant will be also available in select European countries.

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
Pity they didn't go with the 1.0 GSE. The 1.2 Puretech has some reliability issues and developed a reputation...

pumadog

Reaction score
Only available in Italy and Spain (so far). I read somewhere that this Puretech Gen 3 is pretty different. Chain instead of belt for example.

Don't know if the 1.0 GSE is really better. I mean, the 1.5 Hybrid is the weak part of the Tonale according to every test.

pumadog

Reaction score
Due to launch in 2023, the 48-volt hybrid propulsion system combined with a radical evolution of the award-winning PureTech Turbo 3-cylinder 1.2-liter gasoline engine offers a true electrified driving experience propelling the vehicle’s wheels even when the ICE is turned off and reducing fuel consumption and CO2 by up to 20% when compared with the current powertrain.

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
Only available in Italy and Spain (so far). I read somewhere that this Puretech Gen 3 is pretty different. Chain instead of belt for example.

Don't know if the 1.0 GSE is really better. I mean, the 1.5 Hybrid is the weak part of the Tonale according to every test.
The main issue is the belt, so hopefully that fixes it.

Users who are viewing this thread