Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeep® Will Present Its First Production BEV In Paris On October 17th!

Jeep® Will Present Its First Production BEV In Paris On October 17th!​

New Avenger B-UV Scheduled To Make Its Official Debut...​

1665833811551.png

The Jeep® brand will showcase a 100% electrified presence at the 2022 Paris Motor Show (Mondial de L’Automobile 2022), with a stand fully dedicated to the introduction of its all-new Jeep Avenger (JJ), the brand’s first-ever production battery-electric vehicle (BEV).

bill burke

Reaction score
The Jeep Avenger is one impressive SUV. Not only does it present cutting edge technology, it’s darn good looking to boot. I can see the Avenger making it to North America and South America too once production sites are established. I predict that the route will be manufacture in Brazil, export to Mexico, then to North American markets. Gets around import trade barriers, establishes electric build capacity in Brazil and gives the US market a fully electric entry level Jeep in a new segment. Let’s wait and see. In the mean time the Avenger will sell like hot cakes in its targeted market.

AlexB

Reaction score
The Jeep Avenger is one impressive SUV. Not only does it present cutting edge technology, it’s darn good looking to boot. I can see the Avenger making it to North America and South America too once production sites are established. I predict that the route will be manufacture in Brazil, export to Mexico, then to North American markets. Gets around import trade barriers, establishes electric build capacity in Brazil and gives the US market a fully electric entry level Jeep in a new segment. Let’s wait and see. In the mean time the Avenger will sell like hot cakes in its targeted market.
Doesn’t meet U.S. standards, plus Average Transaction price would be lower than Stellantis U.S. mark.

Mike201

Reaction score
Doesn’t meet U.S. standards, plus Average Transaction price would be lower than Stellantis U.S. mark.
When people said Forign vehicles don’t meet US standards, what does that really mean? What are the big thing that make it so different for our US market? ie: Europe’s Jeep Comander, Mexico’s New Dodge Journey and Dodge Neon. What standards are different and why is it said it would cost to much to up date for the US? I have been trying to figure this out for years but have never found info on the difference between US standards and countries outside the US. Apparently only Canada shares the same standards with US vehicles. I am surprised Mexico doesn’t since they produce many US vehicles.

AlexB

Reaction score
When people said Forign vehicles don’t meet US standards, what does that really mean? What are the big thing that make it so different for our US market? ie: Europe’s Jeep Comander, Mexico’s New Dodge Journey and Dodge Neon. What standards are different and why is it said it would cost to much to up date for the US? I have been trying to figure this out for years but have never found info on the difference between US standards and countries outside the US. Apparently only Canada shares the same standards with US vehicles. I am surprised Mexico doesn’t since they produce many US vehicles.
Yes stuff like refinement/driver comfort to legal & safety such as seatbelts.

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
Holy ****, a 54 kWh battery (bigger than the PSA CMP EVs), uConnect infotainment and the interior shares a lot with the 500e.
This is amazing! I was expecting just a re-badged Mokka-e but this is actually a great improvement that uses a LOT more FCA parts than what I expected. And with a decent battery for this class of vehicles.
This might even be an eMini model?

pumadog

Reaction score
No, they switched from eMini to eCMP in 2020 – before Stellantis was born. There were reports about letters to suppliers by that time. I think all Stellantis cars will get Uconnect.

TripleT

Reaction score
Glad they did add some skid plates to make is a bit more durable than the standard PSA eCMP.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Yes stuff like refinement/driver comfort to legal & safety such as seatbelts.
I thought European safety standards were generally more stringent, like limiting exterior projections for pedestrian safety, etc. Maybe i'm wrong on that.

Refinement/driver comfort I've generally assume NA to be more "picky", but no reason this design and being electric/BEV instead of a high NVH, low power output ICE powertrain wouldn't be acceptable in NA.

TripleT

Reaction score
I wonder if AWD will be dependent on the Hybrid powertrain?

AlexB

Reaction score
No, they switched from eMini to eCMP in 2020 – before Stellantis was born. There were reports about letters to suppliers by that time. I think all Stellantis cars will get Uconnect.
But it seems they took some lessons from eMini.
Yes, FCA strategy without a merger was E-Mini, but then during Covid lockdown they made a licensing arrangement with PSA to avoid spending while avoiding violating E.U. Antitrust rules.

TripleT

Reaction score
Well aside from the ground clearance and lack of AWD. It is a good looking Jeep'ish looking vehicle. Styling and interior are very good.

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
I love the rear design. And the trunk is bigger than the one from the Renegade. You can fit a lot of junk in it 😬:

image.png.7cfb858683ca573f61b03b90e02a9696.png

image.png.a97e5a11c7c3506c77426d5d5b3be019.png

Last edited:

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
Comparison of interiors with the 500e:

2020-FIAT-500-HB-18.jpg

Jeep-Avenger-40.jpeg

You can see some similarities in a few molds. And obviously on the uConnect system.

Users who are viewing this thread