Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

REVIEWED: We Get Our Hands On The 2022 Jeep® Compass Trailhawk!

REVIEWED: We Get Our Hands On The 2022 Jeep® Compass Trailhawk!​

2022 Update Brings Improvements, But Powertrain Still A Weak Spot...​

1663556921190.png

Jeep has updated its Compass compact crossover for the 2022 model year with an all-new, more premium interior, a new infotainment system, some styling tweaks, and more. I last spent some time with a Jeep® Compass back in 2019, and while I liked it overall, I had two glaring complaints. Did Jeep resolve them for 2022? Read on, or watch the video above to find out.

Last edited by a moderator:

David

Reaction score
It a shame that Jeep seems to refuse to update the Compass with an adequate powertrain. I had the 2.4 in my Renegade and got rid of it because it was underpowered. I replaced it with a Wrangler (V6.) Would love to replace my Cherokee (V6) with a Compass, if they would put in the 2.0 turbo and not the 1.3 turbo. I'm not sure if the 1.3 Turbo 4xE hybrid will even fix the problem from the reviews I have been reading. Which doesn't seem to matter, since Jeep doesn't seem inclined to bring the Compass or Renegade 4XE to the US.. If Jeep doesn't fix the power problem, then I guess it will be tine for a Toyota RAV4 Hybrid and not a Compass that will replace my Cherokee.

patfromigh

Reaction score
I don't know when the 2023 Compass will be officially introduced. I do know Jeep already told the US fleet buyers there will a new 2 liter turbo engine with an 8 speed automatic combination in 2023. Absolutely no word concerning if and when 4Xe for Compass and Renegade will be sold stateside. (As I write this.)

Good luck on a Toyota hybrid, there is a very limited availability and a very long wait list for all Toyota hybrids due to key material shortages.

David

Reaction score
I don't know when the 2023 Compass will be officially introduced. I do know Jeep already told the US fleet buyers there will a new 2 liter turbo engine with an 8 speed automatic combination in 2023. Absolutely no word concerning if and when 4Xe for Compass and Renegade will be sold stateside. (As I write this.)

Good luck on a Toyota hybrid, there is a very limited availability and a very long wait list for all Toyota hybrids due to key material shortages.
Fortunately, I'm in no rush. Cherokee is in god shape, just looking for some advanced safety features. I can ride out all of this supply chain and over MSRP crap.

TripleT

Reaction score
Yeah the 2 Liter was just announced.... Yeah joy Toyota appliances are awesome. zzzzzzzz wait did I just fall asleep.

Users who are viewing this thread