Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Jeep® Compass (MP) Will Get New Standard Turbo Powertrain For North America!

2023 Jeep® Compass (MP) Will Get New Standard Turbo Powertrain For North America!​

GME-T4 Turbo Will Be Standard In The 2023 Model Year...​

1663879987856.png

With its revised exterior and restyled interior layout, the 2022 Jeep® Compass (MP) has been on a high streak in 2022 with a boost in sales in the North American market. At the halfway point of the year for sales, the revised Compass saw a growth of 36% in the U.S. and 27% in Canada over the same time in 2021.

patfromigh

Reaction score
I've been saying this for a couple of weeks on these threads. My guess for the transmission is that it will be a Mexican built Aisin unit. Look at what the legacy PSA products use in Europe.(Those units are Euro built, but I still expect Mexican built ones for logistics sake.) If one looks at the fleet brochure closely the Compass transmission uses a different product code than that of the 9-speed.

BTW, did you notice the option and trim phase out in the Cherokee? Good bye V6.

cygnus

Reaction score
I've been saying this for a couple of weeks on these threads. My guess for the transmission is that it will be a Mexican built Aisin unit. Look at what the legacy PSA products use in Europe.(Those units are Euro built, but I still expect Mexican built ones for logistics sake.) If one looks at the fleet brochure closely the Compass transmission uses a different product code than that of the 9-speed.

BTW, did you notice the option and trim phase out in the Cherokee? Good bye V6.

2023 KL is 2L only?

patfromigh

Reaction score
They have brought back the Tigershark for the KL. This is found in the fleet brochure, the 2.4 may not reflect the retail picture. I can't help but remember the last year of the Dodge Journey.

TripleT

Reaction score
That is strong engine for that vehicle quite a upgrade, I expected the 1.5 instead.

is the Tonale and Hornet getting the Multi-Air unit or the DOHC unit. I haven't looked.

patfromigh

Reaction score
No word on the 4Xe in the Compass and Renegade for North America. So far the Dodge Hornet has been announced and that will be a late addition.

patfromigh

Reaction score
That is strong engine for that vehicle quite a upgrade, I expected the 1.5 instead.

is the Tonale and Hornet getting the Multi-Air unit or the DOHC unit. I haven't looked.
For the Hornet with the 2.0, it states DOHC in the press materials. I don't know if there is a Multi-Air version of the GME.

TripleT

Reaction score
For the Hornet with the 2.0, it states DOHC in the press materials. I don't know if there is a Multi-Air version of the GME.
its in the car my wife drives so yeah there is, So I suppose it will be the DOHC version for both.

Users who are viewing this thread