Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeep® Teases Its All-New D-Segment Premium Wagoneer S Electric SUV!

Jeep® Teases Its All-New D-Segment Premium Wagoneer S Electric SUV!​

New Electric Wagoneer, Will Be A Global Product For The Wagoneer Sub-Brand...​

1662669726509.png

Jeep® looks to continue the growth of its Wagoneer premium sub-brand with the addition of the 2024 Jeep Wagoneer S (KX). Built around the upcoming 2024 Jeep Cherokee (KM), the new Wagoneer S will separate itself from the next-generation Cherokee as only being offered as a battery-electric vehicle (BEV).

Archknight

Reaction score
I doubt this will sell only in an electric version, I expect gas or HEV models to sell beside it to sway buyers wanting something similar to the Range Rover Velar. They have the SO Hurricane engine, which is more powerful and likely the STLA Large platform will allow for better FE. I'll be surprised if the lineup misses the 2.0T middle as well.

AlexB

Reaction score
I doubt this will sell only in an electric version, I expect gas or HEV models to sell beside it to sway buyers wanting something similar to the Range Rover Velar. They have the SO Hurricane engine, which is more powerful and likely the STLA Large platform will allow for better FE. I'll be surprised if the lineup misses the 2.0T middle as well.
Nope, pure EV
I can see how buyers can get confused with the “Wagoneer” branding.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

BEV only. Cherokee (KM) should be HEV and BEV at least.

bill burke

Reaction score
If this is the size of the next generation Cherokee and is got a gas six and RWD / AWD then I’m in for one. I love my Cherokee, but configured like this, it would be perfect. Just in time for me too.

pumadog

Reaction score
As I read it, "Wagoneer S" is just a code name. So it should get a unique model name when on the market. With Wagoneer as the general sub-brand. Otherwise it's a wild naming scheme:
Wagoneer = F-segment SUV
Wagoneer L = F-segment SUV, long version
Grand Wagoneer = same F segment SUV with more equipment, long version
Grand Wagoneer L = same F segment SUV with more equipment, long version
Wagoneer S = D (or E?) segment SUV

If they keep the naming, it should be the same car, short version. 😅

bill burke

Reaction score
BEV only. Cherokee (KM) should be HEV and BEV at least.
I fully expect there will be gas powered versions for Cherokee. Jeep, or anyone else, will not walk away from the vast majority of the market which seeks the traditional power trains and affordability of ICE vehicles. I’m an electric skeptic that rationalizes that political coercion and unsustainable imposed expectations will not overcome resistance to or those pesky facts of market resources this coercive undertaking will engender. The silent majority will eventually burst this electric bubble in short order or sooner perhaps with changing political dynamics. Sheep on a fools journey as I see it. Give me and our majority gas please.

cygnus

Reaction score
The Cherokee BEV is Wagoneer S with a different bumpers/trim/maybe the interior will be a little different. But the bones are KM.

There will be no KM BEV at a lower trim level. KM BEV = Wagoneer S.

TripleT

Reaction score
The Cherokee BEV is Wagoneer S with a different bumpers/trim/maybe the interior will be a little different. But the bones are KM.

Hoping for a similar look cuz my wife liked this one, and I prefer a PHEV over the BEV giving where we live.

Archknight

Reaction score

Here's to hoping you're right all counts, but they should simplify the number of trims. They tend to go a little overboard. If it were simply-Limited, Overland, Trailhawk, and Summit, people wouldn't get so confused trying to get all the options they want.

bill burke

Reaction score

How do you know this about the next generation Cherokee? Hope your right since our current Cherokee fits our needs well, but new platform is even better for us. Hope your right.

Archknight

Reaction score
How do you know this about the next generation Cherokee? Hope your right since our current Cherokee fits our needs well, but new platform is even better for us. Hope your right.
I can see them doing a larger grille opening for more air flow on this easily, just not sure they would give us the coupe like rear with the floating spoiler, which would be unique for an SUV. I'd like to see Jeep get some models that are more distinctive and aggressive with their styling. Like you Bill, this would be coming around the time I'm ready for an upgrade.

TripleT

Reaction score
I can see them doing a larger grille opening for more air flow on this easily, just not sure they would give us the coupe like rear with the floating spoiler, which would be unique for an SUV. I'd like to see Jeep get some models that are more distinctive and aggressive with their styling. Like you Bill, this would be coming around the time I'm ready for an upgrade.
Notice how they covered the bases with the Recon and KM one is very square utilitarian the other progressive styled< I just wish they would swap the name and make the Square one also available with ICE or PHEV option.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
Notice how they covered the bases with the Recon and KM one is very square utilitarian the other progressive styled< I just wish they would swap the name and make the Square one also available with ICE or PHEV option.

A square, comfy, HEV/PHEV vehicle is what I want to replace my KL.

Swoopy designs need not apply.

Shmigga

Reaction score
100%. Not sure why they are jumping all in to EV. Most people are not interested in them right now.

Archknight

Reaction score
Regulatory
I have to agree with you based on the emissions regulations, but it would be a waste of a design if it's EV only. If the Cherokee replacement is going to look like this, then there is salvation in that, but it's going to cost almost as much as a Grand Cherokee. I have a feeling they are going to push this the other way so they have options in the more upscale "Wagoneer" product portfolio to address the pricing overlaps this will cause.

TripleT

Reaction score
I have to agree with you based on the emissions regulations, but it would be a waste of a design if it's EV only. If the Cherokee replacement is going to look like this, then there is salvation in that, but it's going to cost almost as much as a Grand Cherokee. I have a feeling they are going to push this the other way so they have options in the more upscale "Wagoneer" product portfolio to address the pricing overlaps this will cause.
Well the need to move the Cherokee a bit up market because the current one which at one time was unique in the marketplace has found itself in a crowd especially after they water down the polarizing looks. As the other have dropped sedans it sized and segment is crowded.

The lines of this are lovely and certainly hope much of it carries over to the entire product

Archknight

Reaction score
Well the need to move the Cherokee a bit up market because the current one which at one time was unique in the marketplace has found itself in a crowd especially after they water down the polarizing looks. As the other have dropped sedans it sized and segment is crowded.

The lines of this are lovely and certainly hope much of it carries over to the entire product
Looking at what Maserati just released with the GranTurismo GT, with both ICE and BEV sharing the same platform, Jeep will likely follow suit with the Wagoneer S. The STLA platforms were supposedly designed with this in mind when they were being developed.

TripleT

Reaction score
Looking at what Maserati just released with the GranTurismo GT, with both ICE and BEV sharing the same platform, Jeep will likely follow suit with the Wagoneer S. The STLA platforms were supposedly designed with this in mind when they were being developed.
With 50/50 split and much of that 50 rural it good to have both options covered.

Users who are viewing this thread