Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking Back: The Supercharged 2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6:

Looking Back: The Supercharged 2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6:​

One Of The Most Underrated SRT Vehicles...​

2005-Chrysler-Crossfire-SRT-6.-Chrysler-22-scaled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

bill burke

Reaction score
This is a topic I can comment on with confidence, I’ve owned Crossfire’s since 2004. My wife and I feel in love with this Chrysler immediately and at that point, they were being sold over sticker on a take what our dealership can get basis. We waited until the dealer got one we liked and pounced on a dark gray fastback coupe. Absolutely loved the car, but a couple of years latter when introduced, my wife fell hard for the roadster, a difficult to find item that she”had to have”. Yea, confession, me too. So in 2007, after shopping all over Long Island we found our current Crossfire Limited Roadster. We have found our cherry red Crossfire to be everything we hoped and more. To sum up, the Crossfire is our forever car, one that still turns heads, draws raves and puts a smile on our faces. To paraphrase Lee Iacocca, “if you can get your hands on a nice used Crossfire, buy it!”

Siesta_Fiesta

Reaction score
I still have my SRT6. I originally bought it when I lived down in Florida. I daily drove it to work everyday. I even took it on a few long distance road trips. I had an absolute blast with that car. Unfortunately, it has sat in my garage for the last 5 or so years. It just isn't as fun on Michigan roads.

It is definitely an underappreciated car. Even today, very few Chrysler people even knew that it existed. I have a difficult time finding a Chrysler dealership that is willing to service it. My last service was done my a Mercedes dealership in Metro Detroit. After all, it is just a SLK32 AMG under its skin.

Jremeric

Reaction score
I have a SSB 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Srt6 purchased used in 2013 with 29k miles. Always get lots of attention when I take it out. I have had many performance cars over the years and this SRT6 ranks at the top of my list for sheer performance. It is extremely fast and quick and easily can beat standard hemis and RT Dodge products 0-60 mph, quarter mile, and top speed. Although it handles the twistys among the best, the stiff suspension makes it one of the harshest rides you will find in a sportscar.
I picked mine up in like new condition when they were fully depreciated, very cheap. I am happy to see their prices appreciate over the past 2 years. They are very rare now. I check the nationwide auto markets at least monthly and haven't found more than 5 SRT6s listed with under 50k listed during any search.
If you want a true automobile jewel and happen upon a SRT6 under 10k miles south of $25k I recommend you take the plunge. You will be hard pressed to find a comparable performance car for under $45k.

Users who are viewing this thread