Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GET STUNG! Dodge Reveals New Hornet CUV And Hornet GLH Concept

GET STUNG! Dodge Reveals New Hornet CUV And Hornet GLH Concept​

Available For Ordering Wednesday, August 17th...​

1660707970412.png

Dodge is introducing the all-new 2023 Dodge Hornet, delivering the quickest, fastest, most powerful compact utility vehicle (CUV) under $30,000. The 2023 Dodge Hornet disrupts the fast-growing CUV segment, building buzz with a distinctive Dodge combination of muscular styling wrapped around best-in-class standard performance from a multi-energy powertrain roster and a swarm of class-exclusive performance features.

pumadog

Reaction score
Well, at least some minor interior changes from the Tonale. I guess the Acapulco Gold is Alfa's Ocra GT? Hopefully coming soon for the Alfa.

I think this Dodge version is a fine vehicle. As long as the customers don't have a problem with the unmistakable Alfa design (apart from the front). Still I don't understand how the Tonale is supposed to survive next to it's cheaper brother in the US market.

bill burke

Reaction score
Well, at least some minor interior changes from the Tonale. I guess the Acapulco Gold is Alfa's Ocra GT? Hopefully coming soon for the Alfa.

I think this Dodge version is a fine vehicle. As long as the customers don't have a problem with the unmistakable Alfa design (apart from the front). Still I don't understand how the Tonale is supposed to survive next to it's cheaper brother in the US market.
Seriously. Alfa Romeo brand shoppers will go buy a Tonale, Dodge brand shoppers will go buy a Hornet. There will be little cross shopping here and a large enough and diverse enough market for both to succeed. Not to worry on that question, seriously.

pumadog

Reaction score
But there isn't an existing C-segment customer base for Alfa in the US yet. Alfa needs to convince people with some USPs. Pretty hard if you have a twin product from a brand with 100x more dealers and prominence.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
GT and RT look like there on tippy-toes to be an "SUV". The 1" lowered GLH concept is the only version with a correct stance by my eye.

For a volume / entry point vehicle that's supposed to sell in a growing segment, that will be a lot of cars to ship across the Atlantic.

cgseller

Reaction score
I'm confused, I thought the electrified versions were getting the new old logo - or is that the BEV only and not HEV?

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
I'm slowly warming up to the Hornet to be honest.

Since the GT is only the premium fuel 2.0T, that's not really interesting to me as that will be expensive to operate, but the PHEV R/T is interesting to replace our Prius. I agree that it needs to be lowered like the GLH, but this is giving me nice Caliber vibes, in that it is a useful small crossover. I'm curious what rear seat room is like, and what the interior quality is like.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
I'm slowly warming up to the Hornet to be honest.

Since the GT is only the premium fuel 2.0T, that's not really interesting to me as that will be expensive to operate, but the PHEV R/T is interesting to replace our Prius. I agree that it needs to be lowered like the GLH, but this is giving me nice Caliber vibes, in that it is a useful small crossover. I'm curious what rear seat room is like, and what the interior quality is like.
Its like a neon 3.0/caliber 2.0.

Honestly not many other ways dodge could quickly go about adding a smaller CUV, where today that have NOTHING playing in the game. They at least tried a low cost "performance" vehicle or at least its competitive performance vs the other vehicles in its segment.

I was sad to see the journey go, with its 3row utility for lower income folks, but understand not profitable, not perfromance, and needed significant re-investment to stay alive.

Mopar392

Reaction score
Not going to be shopping for cars at least until 2026, but if the GLH becomes a full fledged trim on the showroom’s floor, it might be on my bucket list.
2.0T with stage kits would be what I’m looking for.
I’d rather have a pure ICE over plug-in since I don’t have a charging facility in or around my neighborhood

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Not going to be shopping for cars at least until 2026, but if the GLH becomes a full fledged trim on the showroom’s floor, it might be on my bucket list.
2.0T with stage kits would be what I’m looking for.
I’d rather have a pure ICE over plug-in since I don’t have a charging facility in or around my neighborhood
Correct me if i'm wrong but these PHEVs don't ever require you to actually plug them in, correct? They can always function off the ICE and charge back the batteries if needed.

Mopar392

Reaction score
Correct me if i'm wrong but these PHEVs don't ever require you to actually plug them in, correct? They can always function off the ICE and charge back the batteries if needed.

I don’t think PHEV recharges themselves like standard hybrids, no?

Rustydodge

Reaction score
The Jeep PHEV and this Hornet RT PHEV certainly recharge themselves. You can select different drive modes to either use more ICE or use more battery. I think one mode maintains or can hold the state of charge.

That's the beauty of the 4xe and this PHEV - it does not require you to plug in. You can though, if you have a short commute and want to try and never use the ICE.

Users who are viewing this thread