Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RUMORS: Next-Generation Jeep® Cherokee Will Spawn A Wagoneer Model!

RUMORS: Next-Generation Jeep® Cherokee Will Spawn A Wagoneer Model!​

Wagoneer Sub-Brand Could Grow Even More By Middle Of Decade...​

1655476617751.png

Last year, the Jeep® brand re-introduced the Wagoneer nameplate to the market not only as a trim-level for its premium full-size SUVs offerings but as a sub-brand. A lot of people, including ourselves, thought it was a strange idea to offer a premium sub-brand of one of the best-known global nameplates in the world. Especially one that already offers premium offerings elsewhere in its lineup.

AlexB

Reaction score
@redriderbob
I know the Wagoneer as “Sub-Brand” (I believe Sergio or Manley discussed this back in 2018) but will this extra STLA Large model serve as the Jeep’s “Flagship” in Europe and(potentially ) other International markets?
Thank You!

bill burke

Reaction score
The Cherokee has carved out a solid niche in the SUV market but it’s next generation needs to do more than a refresh to correct its slow slide in sales.
I believe that going to the Stellantis large platform will produce a more capable, spacious rear wheel drive SUV with electric possibilities. Certainly staying with the current layout or attempting to create a FWD small Wagoneer misses the needed reinvention goal completely and would clearly miss the standards needed to be a Wagoneer.
Cherokee must be a shortened two row Grand Cherokee.
Wagoneer Small might be a three row luxury Grand Cherokee spinoff.
Two Jeeps properly designed one to reinvent, one to expand a line.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
After just getting back from our first roadtrip since 2020 in the Jeep, I am really hoping that KM has a hybrid and/or 4xe option. Having said that, we'll be keeping my KL for a while, but I'd love to trade the Prius in on a hybrid Jeep, or even go down to one vehicle since working from home will be the official norm for me.

Users who are viewing this thread