Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FIAT Officially Announces The Name For Its New “Project 376” Vehicle For LATAM!

FIAT Officially Announces The Name For Its New “Project 376” Vehicle For LATAM!​

Fastback Name Will Make It Into Production...​

1655235461242.png

The FIAT brand is preparing for the launch of its newest SUV in the Latin American market, blending the best combination of design and performance for its segment. FIAT Brazil has now released its first teaser, in addition to the vehicle’s silhouette, they also revealed its name: Fiat Fastback.

patfromigh

Reaction score
Fiat lovers in North America shouldn't get too excited about this new fastback. While the video tease gives us a hint it will be drop dead gorgeous, it will be based on the mini based Pulse platform and not the larger SUSW which frames the original Fastback Concept.

cgseller

Reaction score
Fiat lovers in North America shouldn't get too excited about this new fastback. While the video tease gives us a hint it will be drop dead gorgeous, it will be based on the mini based Pulse platform and not the larger SUSW which frames the original Fastback Concept.
Many of the design queues in the concept ring of Vision Airflow. I can't see FIAT in the U.S. or CAN markets in the future for anything that a special edition vehicle or halo car sold at NA (old Chrysler) showrooms.
While the 500X is a decent vehicle, the styling is just not winning enough hearts(inside or out) even though it is popular globally.

patfromigh

Reaction score
IMO, the Fiat 500X is poorly executed in North America. It is a tall hatch be pawned off as an SUV. If the hybrid options were to be offered here it would be selling better. (The plugin hybrid system isn't offered anywhere, but it is offered on its line mates elsewhere.) Fiat management claims the boutique marketing method is still viable in a few American cities. I think they mean California. I still believe Stellantis should populate their car sharing service with the new Fiat 500e and whichever future electricfied Fiat products they wish to sell here. Fiat USA can then create a "black market" situation where any CDJR dealer who qualifies can order and service the new Fiats as well as former fleet ones. Then tell people how to get one on the internet. Let Fiat become the forbidden fruit of EVs.

bill burke

Reaction score
Pretty impressive. Indeed I’d go so far as suggest Chrysler designers take notes on this one. How come a similar design looks so bold and impressive on the Fiat and the Chrysler Airflow, although showing some nice touches, falls flat in comparison. Thank goodness the Airflow is just a concept, it just does not break new design heights or make me lust after it. The big downer for me is all electric. The curtains of truth and reality on electrics are being drawn away and the all in electric future is falling apart. Give me gas power please.

Humdrum

Reaction score
I don't understand why this couldn't be a Dodge, or a Chrysler.

patfromigh

Reaction score
I don't understand why this couldn't be a Dodge, or a Chrysler.
It will be built in Brazil for the Latin American market. The logistics and politics to bring this vehicle stateside aren't worth the hassle because the line capacity is maxed out just keeping Latin American buyers happy.

A similar vehicle built closer to, or in North America for Dodge or Chrysler would be welcome here. The styling looks good. Nowadays a Chrysler has to be battery electric and a Dodge has to be at least a hybrid to be green lit by management.

Users who are viewing this thread