Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis Has Reached An Agreement With Serbian Government & Trade Unions To Build New Panda!

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

Stellantis Has Reached An Agreement With Serbian Government & Trade Unions To Build New Panda!​

New Electrified Product To Replace 500L...​

1654776884093.png

Stellantis has reached an agreement with both its trade unions and the Serbian government, over its assembly operation in Kragujevac. The facility currently manufactures the Fiat 500L minivan, which will be discontinued more than likely at the end of the year. In its place, rumors have the new electrified Fiat Panda lineup being built at the facility and reaching the market by 2024.

bill burke

Reaction score
All the fundamental re-organization work going on at Stellantis May not be enticing but it sure is significant. Yes the nuts and bolts stuff may seem too boring for most, but it points to the type of planning, investment and commitment every Mopar fan should be excited about. Looks like things are falling in place, consistent with promises made and I personally await all those new Chrysler’s, Dodges Jeeps and Rams that this news brings us. Boring maybe, significant indeed.

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
It's ridiculous they'll keep the current Panda until 2026.

pumadog

Reaction score
Lifetime in the tradition of the first Panda! 😃 Are they allowed to sell the current powertrains (only the hybrid left?) until 2026?

patfromigh

Reaction score
I wonder what the actual size of the vehicle will be. It would be nice if it is nearer the dimensions of the Fiat 500L sent to North America, rather than the current petrol fueled Panda.

pumadog

Reaction score
If it's really the next Panda, such a size increase would be poison. Should stay under 4 meters.

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
I wonder what the actual size of the vehicle will be. It would be nice if it is nearer the dimensions of the Fiat 500L sent to North America, rather than the current petrol fueled Panda.
That's sacrilege for the Panda. Historically the Panda is a city car. Even smaller than a sub-compact.
I'm not happy that they're even considering using the Panda name in a B-segment car (sub-compact).

This won't ever go to North America.

patfromigh

Reaction score
The 500L was supposed to be a larger Panda, but the 500 face was substituted at the last minute. It wasn't to be a replacement for the Panda, but the beginning of a lineup with different sizes. I haven't seen the Centoventi concept in person, I only see whats on the web. The concept looks larger than 4 meters, in my opinion.

Fiat in North America needs a change in direction, the fake SUV Fiat 500X isn't the way to go. The 500e fits in a very narrow slice of the market and can't carry the Fiat brand alone in North America. On the other hand, Fiat shouldn't kill the golden goose (bear?) in Europe.

pumadog

Reaction score
Fiat Concept Centoventi Technical Data

Length: 3680 mm
Height: 1527 mm
Width: 1740 mm (with door mirrors 1846 mm)
Wheelbase: 2430 mm
Front overhang: 658 mm
Rear overhang: 592 mm

Source: Fiat

Still pretty much A segment. Normal B segment is around 4 m for cars. After FCA announced to leave A segment for cost reasons, the STLA Small platform was presented to cover A and B segments. So we'll see.

There's no direct 500L successor since mini-minivans are dead. Next 500X is expected to offer more space and move to C segment. Smaller rational ("Panda") B segment crossover to come from Tychy.

Users who are viewing this thread