Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis Confirms Windsor Plant Will Be Vehicles Based On STLA Large Architecture!

Stellantis Confirms Windsor Plant Will Be Vehicles Based On STLA Large Architecture!​

Production Version Of Chrysler Airflow, Most Likely To Be The First Vehicle Off The Architecture In Windsor...​

Chrysler Airflow Graphite Concept. (Chrysler) (11).jpg

Stellantis North America announced this morning, that vehicles produced on the new STLA Large platform will be built at the Windsor Assembly Plant in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. It also made the announcement that production of the current L-Series vehicles (Chrysler 300 Series, Dodge Charger, and Dodge Challenger) at the Brampton Assembly Plant in the suburbs of Toronto, Ontario, Canada will end when retooling begins in 2024.

justbekuz

Reaction score
The FCA Press Releases are clear as mud! Contrary to what FCA says about the future of ICE engines in thier non-truck applications, I just can't see FCA retooling a new location factory for Chal/Char ICE based vehicles with a life expectancy of less than a ten year cycle? The article says retooling of Windsor first in 2023 for 2024 models, then Brampton in 2024 for 2025 models and as I recall FCA wants to end ICE production by 2030? The possibility of an assembly line doing both ICE and EV models hasn't been proven let as EV's take significant less people to assemble.

pumadog

Reaction score
The STLA platforms are designed for battery and hybrid vehicles. PSA has built BEV or PHEV and ICE versions of Peugeot and Opel cars on the same line for years now.

TripleT

Reaction score
Ya know battery vehicles don't have less parts, they have less SKUs... there is a difference. Just saying. You can certainly have lines that can do both. My guess is the new Charger, Challenger, and MIDcuv will have that flexible capacity, While Windsor will be BEV only making the Minivan and Airflow.

Users who are viewing this thread