Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iconic Chrysler Designer, Robert Hubbach Has Passed Away At The Age Of 83!

Iconic Chrysler Designer, Robert Hubbach Has Passed Away At The Age Of 83!​

The Father Of The Dodge Viper GTS Coupe Is Gone...​

1652995761042.png

We are deeply saddened to hear, that legendary Chrysler designer Robert (Bob) N. Hubbach passed away last week on Thursday, May 12th, 2022 at the age of 83. Hubbach had a 33 year and 3 month career in the Chrysler Product Design Office (PDO), ranging from December 1967 to February 2001. During that time, he was in charge of the design of several iconic production vehicles and concept cars.

bluskye

Reaction score
I never heard that Robert Hubbach was an important part of the Chrysler design team. Some of Mr. Hubbachs' designs are classics that will appreciated for decades.

Bob, thank you for bringing this information forward to this website. As far as I am concerned, you should publish more articles on Stellantis employees who contribute greatly to the vehicles many of us drive. It would be nice to see these employees receive public credit for their contributions.

Rick Johnson

JasonB

Reaction score
I never heard that Robert Hubbach was an important part of the Chrysler design team. Some of Mr. Hubbachs' designs are classics that will appreciated for decades.

Bob, thank you for bringing this information forward to this website. As far as I am concerned, you should publish more articles on Stellantis employees who contribute greatly to the vehicles many of us drive. It would be nice to see these employees receive public credit for their contributions.

Rick Johnson
hi rick.
here are some important employees

Winnie Cheung: Interior Chief Designer for Chrysler brand

635935929768773965-March-2016----Pacifica-trip-089.JPG

Jessica LaFond served as Pacifica chief engineer from start to finish

IrinaZavatski1-1068x712.jpg

Irina Zavatski turns utility vehicles into functional art. She’s FCA’s Exterior Design Manager and she was responsible for the entirely new Chrysler Pacifica minivan and the 2019 refresh the Jeep Cherokee and Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk.
Link: In Focus - Transforming Utility into Beauty - Fiat Chrysler's Auto Designer | Auto Futures

Last edited:

bluskye

Reaction score
Thanks Jason! It is nice to know the people working to design and produce the cars.

Users who are viewing this thread